No announcement yet.

Wild swimming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild swimming

Anyone enjoy it? I went for a lake swim this morning. Was wonderful. Tried to chase a few ducks but they had too much speed. Great way to start the day!

Swimming in a lake during a gentle rainfall is indescribably calming.
    Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Few nice spots out in the Peaks I go to when it's hot, Ladybower and Derwent reservoirs or the Goyt Valley. Lovely little shaded plunge pool maybe 15' across in one of the Derwent tributaries I've been going to since I was a kid, although that one's more for paddling.
      Dakuwaqa Dakuwaqa likes this.

Comment

Not unless it's saltwater, or, I want to play with gators

Dakuwaqa Dakuwaqa likes this.

Comment

I don't like Lakes. I love swimming in the ocean though.

Lakes are slimey

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            I don't like Lakes. I love swimming in the ocean though.

Lakes are slimey
            Yup and full on strange insect/fish hybrids. Oceans are bug free thank god.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMichael View Post
              Swimming in a lake during a gentle rainfall is indescribably calming.
              That sounds fantastic! I love being out in storms. Don’t get many in the UK unfortunately.
              VegasMichael VegasMichael likes this.

Comment

Love swimming in pretty much any body of water but theres nothing like swimming in a clear calm river early in the morning. Do a lot of river camping with the family and first thing in the morning i"ll just throw my ass into the river,helps cure my hangovers too.

Swimming in crystal clear rivers lined with beautiful huge Sequoia trees in Oregon is one of the most enjoyable/serene swims anyone could have. Wish I could do it more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post
                  Love swimming in pretty much any body of water but theres nothing like swimming in a clear calm river early in the morning. Do a lot of river camping with the family and first thing in the morning i"ll just throw my ass into the river,helps cure my hangovers too.

Swimming in crystal clear rivers lined with beautiful huge Sequoia trees in Oregon is one of the most enjoyable/serene swims anyone could have. Wish I could do it more often.
                  Isn’t Oregon essentially heaven on earth?

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

Isn’t Oregon essentially heaven on earth?
                    Lol,pretty much bro. From the coast to about 100miles inland is incredibly beautiful. We camp on the chetco river near the coast. While everyone's still asleep i"ll take a little toke,pound a beer,get the campfire going again and go for my swim,**** just mellows everything out.
                    VegasMichael VegasMichael likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X