No announcement yet.

What languages do you speak?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
    Languages were always one of my weak spots - spoken at least, although I can usually crack reading 'em 'em OK. Got English of course, and I can follow conversation in Greek and German. Got enough French and Spanish to get drunk, high and laid and a few words of Portugese. Got a bit of Russian too, but that's mostly military terminology and Cold War era acronyms and nomenclature.... oh, and drinking salutations. I'm good at them in every language though.
    Umm doesn’t sound like much of a weak spot! I’m impressed!

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

Umm doesn’t sound like much of a weak spot! I’m impressed!
      I got a bit of breadth but not much depth and I ain't got much confidence speaking em ... 'Less I'm lubricated that is. Germany and Greece were just the places I spent any length of time that wasn't in the UK, plus of course my old man was Greek.

Randomly I was pretty good at Latin at school though.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
        When I was a little boy gramps took care of me, he knew some English but he never spoke it outside the family. So Spanish was my first de facto language.

I was born in the US so English was the primary language. But I had to fail the first grade before the educators discovered I had dyslexia. I was trying to talk in English but thought in Spanish.

I went to a special school after school soon enough I was speed reading. After H.S. I decided to join the Corps (USMC).

I came home with a Filipina wife. Over the years she taught me Tagalog (Bisayan, Waray-Waray and Cebuano which are Filipino dialects) and I taught her Spanish.

My sisters in-law's tell me how was I able to learn their language? Da! The Spanish had ruled the Philippines for over 500 years. One third of the language is Spanish.

Truth be told my old lady watches The Filipino Chanel every day. When we first got married I bought her the GMA satellite from the Philippines.
        I spent a year in Makati, working for globe telecom and I used to go to intramuros to see if any good catholic girls showed up.

A rich Filipino family in Forbes park was trying to get me excited about a mostly white looking Chinese Filipino.

Her pinoy boy toy classmates were tall, rich and softer than doctors cotton.. they were boy George soft…

The Hard Rock Cafe in Manila..

I know where I come from and I kinda disrupt the narrative.

I want a keepney with Atzlan Geronimo or kicking horse.

I fear Mindanao, Muslims, providing refuge for terrorists ..

I love the Philippines…. Don’t know why guys get sprung on filipina trannies???

true box called me out and avoided a gratuitous azz whooping. I would have fed him a jolly bee fist burger…

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

I got a bit of breadth but not much depth and I ain't got much confidence speaking em ... 'Less I'm lubricated that is. Germany and Greece were just the places I spent any length of time that wasn't in the UK, plus of course my old man was Greek.

Randomly I was pretty good at Latin at school though.
          You learn one Latin based Romance languages and you get respect, especially if you are a white boy! Respek

Comment

Working...
          X