Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Guitar Players Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• until i read the 'inspirational' posts of rockin', i never would've believed that the memoirs of a former pro fighter could be so stultifyingly fucking boring.

Comment

• derek frigo.

it's au courant for z'nuff snobs to belittle derek's work on the 1st z'nuff and praise derek only for his stuff on the 2nd and 3rd z'nuff albums when derek started going understated and leaving all the frillz out.

but frilly derek is my fav derek.

Comment

• My latest:

My earliest:

Last edited by Smelodies (OG); 10-13-2011, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• She's a good Guitar Player.

Comment

• I've noticed an influx of women electric guitar players in recent times (maybe because of Guitar Hero?), but I hear a lot of heavily processed, screechy tones, superfast licks and so forth. That's fine, I guess, a lot of people are into that but I'd like to hear the female mark knopfler, for example, before I hear another female Marty Friedman.
            Last edited by Smelodies (OG); 10-13-2011, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• used to have an Ibanez " joe satriaini 1000" that i bought from a friend.....sold it after few years when i got laid off....loved it but i never got good at playing it ....

got a wasburn acoustic guitar now with electric pick up but i dont have a amplifier anymore ....

and i got another cheap acoustic with no name....**** is hard to play....

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
                used to have an Ibanez " joe satriaini 1000" that i bought from a friend.....sold it after few years when i got laid off....loved it but i never got good at playing it ....

got a wasburn acoustic guitar now with electric pick up but i dont have a amplifier anymore ....

and i got another cheap acoustic with no name....**** is hard to play....
                Ibanez is a good guitar even though many consider it a knockoff or copy. I used to play with a friend that had an Ibanez Les Paul that had great sound. Of course he replaced the pickups with humbuckers but it equaled a gibson. Their acoustic guitars have great sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  Ibanez is a good guitar even though many consider it a knockoff or copy. I used to play with a friend that had an Ibanez Les Paul that had great sound. Of course he replaced the pickups with humbuckers but it equaled a gibson. Their acoustic guitars have great sound.
                  did not know that...but i really enjoyed playing that guitar, it had the perfect feel to me, very light, thin, and looked badass but it was just a bit complicated to maintain, like replacing the strings and stuff....the friend that i bought it from also had a gibson les paul, and tbh, i did'nt like it that much....

i might get another one when i get the extra money...and id ilike to get soemthing like it but cheaper.....what do you recommend?...someting under $400 brand new....

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
                    did not know that...but i really enjoyed playing that guitar, it had the perfect feel to me, very light, thin, and looked badass but it was just a bit complicated to maintain, like replacing the strings and stuff....the friend that i bought it from also had a gibson les paul, and tbh, i did'nt like it that much....

i might get another one when i get the extra money...and id ilike to get soemthing like it but cheaper.....what do you recommend?...someting under $400 brand new....
                    The satriani was probably a ***** with strings because of the tremolo. If you want simple, clean, and good sound Id recommend epiphone. If you like thin guitars specifically, try an sg.

In all honesty with 400 you would have a hard time finding a bad guitar. Im amazed by the quality of most guitars now a days. Even the squier classic vibes have impressed me.

What kind of music you trying to play?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
                      The satriani was probably a ***** with strings because of the tremolo. If you want simple, clean, and good sound Id recommend epiphone. If you like thin guitars specifically, try an sg.

In all honesty with 400 you would have a hard time finding a bad guitar. Im amazed by the quality of most guitars now a days. Even the squier classic vibes have impressed me.

What kind of music you trying to play?

good stuff man...well, the reason why i love that guitar is becuase of it's feel.....the body to the neck is very thin and i have small fingers ,so it was perfect.....most of the ephipones that i see are pretty thick...i like to play comfortable.....even fenders are pretty thick for me, dont really like that...

i play few kinds or atleast i try but love rock n roll so it's the main one ....im tryin to play "45 by shinedown right now and havent perfected it yet....

Comment

Working...
                      X