No announcement yet.

The Guitar Players Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
    Nice, I dont really have the patience to learn songs all the way through.
    Me neither. Thats why it took me so long to learn and a bit of encouragement. The guitar is truly one of the most frustratingly difficult but beautiful instruments in the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Cheney View Post
      check out my homie playin
      If that is really you? Then this is your acount?
      http://www.youtube.com/user/killerklown333

Comment

• Youtube is a wonderful tool and offers alot of guitar lessons. Too bad it wasn't around when I started playing, would have been great.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
          Youtube is a wonderful tool and offers alot of guitar lessons. Too bad it wasn't around when I started playing, would have been great.

Marty Shwartz is the man! I have learnt so much off his videos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mersey View Post
            Marty Shwartz is the man! I have learnt so much off his videos.
            +1 for Marty

Dude explains it all great and has a wide range of songs to learn.I'm looking up his blues stuff these days after getting sick of strumming and changing coords.

Heard a dude on the radio today, some pretty damn good guitar player, he was being interviewd and he said that in his opinion a beginer should go straight to jazz and blues, after getting to know a bit of that it would all look much simpler.

Comment

• I played on and off for 20 years..learned from friends, mostly. I've owned many acoustic guitars over the years. 6 and 12 strings. I played a kind of bluegrass-jazz-blues style. I learned a lotta older rock, like many Zeppelin, Who, Santana...etc.

I learned a lot of the songs in the 70's, 80's, and some 90's. Lotsa beatle songs. I liked playing some southern rock, like Charlie Daniels, Alman bro's, some funky jazzy type note progressions too.

I redid a jazzy version of summertime, and liked bluesy-jazz. I got into finger-pickin' around this time and liked Hot Tuna's guitar player, Jorma Kaukonen, and David Brombeck.

i now have a very nice limited edition jumbo body Yamaha 6 string, but i haven't played for a long time.

Comment

• If you go to Marty Shwartz website, you can get a 3 day free trial of all of his videos. There is all sorts of lessons on blues and rock etc.

I'm using it right now, it is really good.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Does anybody find it hard to sing and play the guitar at the same time?

Comment

Working...
                      X