Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What y'all think of the Netflix Biggie Doc: I Got A Story To Tell????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What y'all think of the Netflix Biggie Doc: I Got A Story To Tell????

Dropped the other day and come to find out it was only one episode long like only 1 hour 30??? Yo Netflix usually stretch out a doc like 5 episodes long for no reason but they only give Biggie 1 episode under 2 hours too?

Growing up in the CHI in the 90's we had gangs everywhere so a lot heads turned to hip hop to stay out of trouble. B-Boying, DJing, Graffiti and yes mad heads even rapped, obviously some were way better than others. But we all grew up and idolized Biggie, Wu-Tang, and 2pac.

But yo that one summer you couldn't go no where in the CHI without a car driving by bumping Biggie and thats crazy cuz the CHI aint in NYC obviously.

This doc showed a different side of Biggie. It seems he was a real chill guy making jokes and just kicking it with his squad. Or maybe thats how they wanted to paint him as? He seemed like a real smart kid probably could have ended up where Jay-Z is now with all the entrepreneurship and all.

What yall think?

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post

Dropped the other day and come to find out it was only one episode long like only 1 hour 30??? Yo Netflix usually stretch out a doc like 5 episodes long for no reason but they only give Biggie 1 episode under 2 hours too?

Growing up in the CHI in the 90's we had gangs everywhere so a lot heads turned to hip hop to stay out of trouble. B-Boying, DJing, Graffiti and yes mad heads even rapped, obviously some were way better than others. But we all grew up and idolized Biggie, Wu-Tang, and 2pac.

But yo that one summer you couldn't go no where in the CHI without a car driving by bumping Biggie and thats crazy cuz the CHI aint in NYC obviously.

This doc showed a different side of Biggie. It seems he was a real chill guy making jokes and just kicking it with his squad. Or maybe thats how they wanted to paint him as? He seemed like a real smart kid probably could have ended up where Jay-Z is now with all the entrepreneurship and all.

What yall think?

Haven't watched it yet, but I saw the A&E documentary on him and it was pretty good.

Comment

Biggie smalls is the illest

It's Tupac's fault he's gone.

Comment

I thought it was ok, expected more. This felt like something VH1 has done 5 times already over the years.

tekashi, Brittany, and Biggie docs that have come lately all seem so bland. Meh

Comment

Working...
        X