Collapse
No announcement yet.

manglah da stranglah

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by -jose-; 08-24-2012, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• Feelin drunk. I'm lovin this wine. Fights chop up time.

Myth of Leonard-Duran is that Duran bulldozed Leonard the 1st time, and Leonard walked all over him the 2nd time until he got pissed and quit. Truth is both were good, close fights. 1st went down in 80 when Leonard was unbeaten. Leonard had a dominant run as LW champ and jumped past JWW to go for the big $ fight wit Leonard. He did enuf at WW prior to Leonard, notably beatin Palomino, to prove himself at the weight. Leonard was defendin his WBC strap.

These guys basically took turns in the fight. Duran had control of the first few rds. Ray fought back and won the next few after that. Then Duran rallied back again, then Ray again, etc. I thought Leonard actually closed stronger between the 2. It just wasn't quite enuf to get him the win. It's true Leonard fought Duran's fight, but not entirely cuz it was forced on him. Leonard seemed to enjoy mixin it up inside, even tho that wasn't the smartest strategy for him. He did his share of damage in the fight, but Duran maintained enuf of an edge to take it close.

Duran started strong and built up momentum in the 1st 4 rds. He had the jab to box wit Ray and he showed greater power. He did a good job of swarmin Ray on the ropes and was hurtin Ray wit his left hook when he landed it. Leonard always fought back, but he was losin the close exchanges. He did manage to finish the 4th better than Duran, and that set up a comeback for him in the next 3 rds. He started the 5th wit a big left hook and got the better of body punchin duel. He sealed the rd wit a big flurry at the end. He tore Duran up in the 6th. He hurt him to both the body and the head, flurried off the ropes when Duran pressed back, landed hard leads, and jabbed well to end the rd. He cooled off a lil bit in 7 and Duran got back in the fight, even tho he still edged Duran in the rd.

Duran turned the tide in 8. Ray got in some uppercuts early, but Duran won out in the bodyshot exchange and got in some good rt hands to take the rd. Ray was tired in the 9th, and Duran got to his body and backed him up wit the jab. They traded jabs, big shots, and body punches in the 10th. Ray flurried late but it was still Duran's rd. Ray came back again in the next rd. He won the early exchange flurried hard off the ropes, and ain't let Duran steal the rd from him at the end. They traded jabs, rts, and bodyshots in 12, and Ray's hook to the body looked like the most damaging punch.

Duran stopped Leonard's rise in the 13th, and I thought tat was the rd that put him over the top. He landed his hooks early in the rd and followed up wit a big rt, but Ray got him on the ropes and dug into his body. Duran flurried out and withstood the late exchanges. Leonard matched Duran's hooks n bodyshots in 14 and had a nice lil wind up uppercut. He fought harder in the last rd while Duran stalked him around, and made the better closin statement. I only had Duran up by 1 point, but I still think it was a clear win. He always seemed stay just a step ahead of Leonard in the fight. Not the wipeout ppl claim it is, but it's Duran's fight.

Comment

• Next up is Duran-Barkley. Not his best fight, but one of my favorites from him. Mostly cuz it's his last really big moment in boxing. He hadn't had any other ones since the Moore fight way before this. After Hagler and Hearns beat him, he looked like he was done at the top level. Barkley had just whacked Hearns and was defendin the WBC MW belt he took off him.

Duran showed his age in this fight, cuz Barkley was outboxin him in a lot of the rds. Duran got in some bodyshots and a nice rt hand at the end of the 1st, but Barkley's jabs n bodyshots carried most of the rd. Barkley stayed on the body in the 2nd, and again Duran'slate surge couldn't get him the rd. Duran went to his own jab in the 3rd, and he go in some bodyshots of his own. But Barkley's body work was just more effective. Barkley was in control early in the 4th, but Duran took it from him before it was over. He hurt Barkley wit big rt hands, flurried hard, and got inside wit some short shots. He stayed tradin wit Barkley to the body and the head in 5. Barkley landed more punches, but Duran's looked harder. In 6, Barkley mixed jabs wit bodyshots while Duran threw hooks n bodyshots. Fight was gettin closer, but it just looked like Barkley was doin better in the 1st half.

Duran did a lot better in the 2nd half of the fight, mostly cuz his defense showed up and Barkley was missin some punches. Duran actually looked more at ease counterin than he did takin the lead. His experience seemed to make the difference, cuz he was tired but still outboxin Barkley. Both gus took damage in 7, but Duran came out stronger. Barkley hurt Duran wit a nasty hook in 8, but couldn't finish him. Duran used the uppercut in close while Barkley was throwin downstairs, and it mighta saved him.

9-11 were the rds that stole the fight for Duran. Both guys were tired in 9, but Duran made sure he did more, mostly wit his rt. Duran outboxed him in 10, mixied in a few hooks wit his jabs n rts. Barkley was doin aight early in 11 wit his jab and bodyshots, but he got fuk'd up in a close exchange. Duran made him miss and countered hard wit some sick rt hands, and dropped him wit a sickass combo. Barkley survived the rd since the KD happened late, and he did outwork Duran in the 12th. I always thought he won this fight closely. But I can see Duran gettin it. He got a SD in this and the scores looked wack, but fuck it. I wanted him to win. Too bad they never rematched. This was really Duran's last hurrah.

Comment

• Gonzo about to fight Ponce. Pretty sure he'll win by KO. That fight got me thinkin bout the Izzy fight tho. Gonzo can scrap, but he ain't got that good a chin. I counted this dude out a while back, but he been kickin ass since he got his shot at Hasegawa and KO'd him. he was takin Izzy apart in their fight before he got caught. He'd just beaten Montiel at 118 and was steppin up to go after Izzy's WBC belt at 122. This fight beat the hell outta the boring ass MAB-Juarez 2 main event it was under.

Gonzo challenged Izzy to a boxing match rite from the start, and in the 1st 2 rds he easily got the best of the left hand duel. Both guys worked the jab n hook, and Gonzo just did a lot better. He added more footwork in the 3rd, and he was stingin Izzy wit the 1-2 and the jab n hook both. Izzy was fallin short wit most of his punches. He dropped Izzy early in the 4th wit a good left hook, even tho it ain't look like a serious KD. Gonzo went after him and both guys got in some bodyshots and rt hands. But Gonzo was quicker and gettin off more flurries. Izzy did a lil better in 5. He landed a few hooks and a couple body punches, but he still couldn't catch up to Gonzo. Dude was sick wit his double left and he was landin long rts too. He boxed him to hell in the 6th and dropped him wit anotha hook to end the rd.

Izzy was gettin owned here, but he started a comeback in 7. They duked it out in 7, and Izzy floored him wit a burst of rt hands. His power shots did more damage even tho Gonzo did fight back. Izzy tried too keep it goin in the 8th. He got in a couple more rts, some bodyshots, and 1 big left hook. Gonzo came back wit his jab tho, and it set up enuf hard shots for him to get the rd and stop Izzy's rise. Izzy flipped it again in the 9th. His power punches just hurt Gonzo more than vice versa. Gonzo tried to box back, but Izzy was too strong for him. Gonzo actually got a good start boxin in the 10th, but he got a warnin for hittin low that stopped his momentum. Izzy jumped on him wit a big combo that dropped him, and his corner pulled him out.

Great fight for both guys. Izzy showed his heat here, cuz he was gettin murked in the 1st half. He went onto the Raf trilogy after this, which ended his career even tho they went 2-2. Gonzo looked good, but just wasn't tough enuf. He got KO'd by Penalosa on a bodyshot a bit after this too.

Comment

• Aight, Drank to the brain. Now lets look at nonstop bitchin tonite:

In Your Opinion Who Is The G.O.A.T
            There is no wrong answer here fight fans..Who is it to you??Who is the fighter that you watch and said,I'm watching the greatest fighter I've ever seen??

Gotta be RJ. Pea would be a close 2nd. Roy in his prime was just untouchable. Dude had the skills, defense, speed, 2 handed power, footwork, everything. He seems to get more flak now for his career than he did when he was goin strong whoopin everybody. Odd fighter that don't get more luv when he falls off or quits and actually gets less. It's surprising, but fuck it. Roy's the man.

Comment

• Canelo Hits Back: Responds To Chavez Jr. Comments

Motherfuck Canelo. Jr won a belt from a guy in his division. He's beaten contenders in his division. He's about to fight the best fighter in his division. Canelo can't say none of that, so dude should STFU. I'd luv to see these guys fight eventually. Too bad there a weight class apart rite now. Chavez might not be at MW no more by the time Canelo moves up. I'd take Chavez to whoop him. Canelo is a ho.

Comment

• Fighter you hated, that eventually became one of your favorites?

Rite now, it'd be Ward. I never hated the guy, I just ain't like him. I rooted for him to win the S6 when it was announced, just cuz I could see him goin somewhere down the line. I ain't think he would at the time tho. But I got on the bandwagon when he whomped Kessler. Dude been fightin all the best guys at his division and kicked all their asses pretty easily. Thats all a fan can ask for. Plus he about to beat up Chad, who I can't stand. Ward is that nigga.

Comment

• I was watching Sugar Ray Leonard on Ringside on ESPN Classics

Do any of you think that Floyd could beat Sugar because I don't?

Hell no. I don't get ppl throwin Pac n May into fantasy fights wit real WW's and expectin them to win. SRL is too damn powerful and fast for May. It's May's 4th division. He legit there now, but just wouldn't be strong enuf to fux wit SRL, who had plenty of skills to go wit his natural physical attributes. May gets his ass beat.

Comment

• Gonzalez Admits To 100K Motivation To Knock Ponce Out

This is fuckin dope. GB puttin up a $100K prize for a KO? More promoters need to do that shit. Give the fans what they want, make the fighters hungrier, and make the fights better. I had Gonzo knockin out Ponce anyway, but this lil incentive oughta ensure he goes hard in the paint and smokes him.

Comment

• Froch Focused on KO: I'll Be Hitting Mack With My Best!

I can fux wit Frock-Mack. Thought Froch was gonna take a no name for his optional defense waitin on Bute, but Mack's a quality journeyman. Dude always gets KTFO when he steps up, but he makes it entertainin while it lasts. Fun fight. Froch gets rid of him in the mid rds somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X