Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fight Night Round 4 Button Config. coming soon.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight Night Round 4 Button Config. coming soon.

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/fig...c-details/1126

EA has announced its initial DLC plans for Fight Night Round 4, which actually include the word “FREE”.

The first DLC pack, which will be available for free (see…told ya) on both the 360 and PS3 by early August, will include a new training gym, new gameplay sliders, as well as a host of new equipment that can be used for outfitting boxers. Xbox 360 users will also receive an exclusive alternate version of Sugar Ray Leonard in their first DLC pack, courtesy of Pizza Hut.

EA SPORTS will also be releasing a free (there it is again) downloadable game update by early September that will allow gamers to use face buttons on the Xbox 360 and PS3 game controllers to throw punches, hooks, uppercuts and haymakers.

“The depth and variety of new content we have planned this summer is going to make one of the most critically acclaimed games on the market even better,” said senior producer, Dean Richards. “Among the new content in development, our new button control scheme will give fans a choice for how they want to throw punches in the game. We strongly believe that the refined Total Punch Control is the most intuitive way to throw punches in Fight Night Round 4, but we also want fans of the franchise to have an option.”

a) dupe thread
    b) shouldn't this be under "Arcade Talk"

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=286615

Comment

Maybe all the button mashers can circle-jerk in this thread then top themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by TRAVI$ View Post
        Maybe all the button mashers can circle-jerk in this thread then top themselves?
        Why do all you ****s care so much if people want to use a button configuration? If someone is going to pay money for the god damn game then they should be able to play it however the fuck they want. Does it really give someone an advantage? Who cares if it does anyway? Oh no, now you won't be able to beat everyone on the internet. :jerk:

The old games were limited when you chose button control. There were things you couldn't do like taunt or throw haymakers there was no advantage.

Comment

I don't play online but thought I'd start a friendly debate.

Comment

Actually.

Take all the button mashers and group them together.

Just 1 of the Million new Joystick swivelers kicks their ass.

These mother ****ers are new breed.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

I don't play online but thought I'd start a friendly debate.
              Good. Stick with FiFa.

It's ten times the online competition.

Not some eight year old tying shoestrings to the joystick.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                Why do all you ****s care so much if people want to use a button configuration? If someone is going to pay money for the god damn game then they should be able to play it however the fuck they want. Does it really give someone an advantage? Who cares if it does anyway? Oh no, now you won't be able to beat everyone on the internet. :jerk:

The old games were limited when you chose button control. There were things you couldn't do like taunt or throw haymakers there was no advantage.
                Example:

I go to the instrument store having played for a while. A kid walks in behind me and he's never once picked up an instrument. I pick up a guitar which I'm probably the most skilled at playing of the instruments there, and he decides to pick up a bass. Well as I sit there and strum and pick he decides to swing his bass around by the neck wailing it everywhere sticking his tounge out.

However for some reason he is shredding way better licks in doing that.

It's just some flat out Bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
                  Example:

I go to the instrument store having played for a while. A kid walks in behind me and he's never once picked up an instrument. I pick up a guitar which I'm probably the most skilled at playing of the instruments there, and he decides to pick up a bass. Well as I sit there and strum and pick he decides to swing his bass around by the neck wailing it everywhere sticking his tounge out.

However for some reason he is shredding way better licks in doing that.

It's just some flat out Bull****.
                  That's a bit of a far fetched example. Do the button mashers really have an advantage? I don't have the game but when I do have the first one that ever came out and I used the buttons. I didn't button mash. You can't mash and be effective in the game because you get countered. I used to play with buttons and still got my ass kicked by people who were good at the analog sticks.

How can you tell that the people who kick your ass are button mashers.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                    That's a bit of a far fetched example. Do the button mashers really have an advantage? I don't have the game but when I do have the first one that ever came out and I used the buttons. I didn't button mash. You can't mash and be effective in the game because you get countered. I used to play with buttons and still got my ass kicked by people who were good at the analog sticks.

How can you tell that the people who kick your ass are button mashers.
                    From what i gather, anyone who is unskilled at the game has a huge advantage, if you just swivel the stick like mad you will destroy anyone who knows anything about boxing (especially those who know that boxing is about adapting to different type opponents) Now what adding the buttons does, is it allows people to string together combinations more effectively, which is also cheating, and concidered button mashing.

Just like in real life, it is impossible to beat someone at boxing who is wildly swinging, especially if you alter your style to adapt to a style thats more suited to be effective against wildness, after all, in real boxing its an unwritten rule that you must fight a very specific way so your opponent doesn't have to change his style, because that would be concidered rude and cheating.

Either way, i like buttons, i like the stick, I was quite good at round 3 with both, (better with the buttons because they do require less coordination to be honest, and they are easier to string combos together) but I'd get beat by people who used the sticks all the time, granted these were some of the best stick users, but still, if buttons made me unbeatable by a stick user why did it happen?

Also, its not really a button or a stick issue, people hate mashers, I DO TOO, it sucks because i want an enjoyable skillfull boxing match, but when i fight these people I don't get that, i have to adapt to a style that bores me and honestly is more frustrating to execute, Just like in real life boxing,
                    But people were all hyped when they took the buttons away, now people are stick mashing and people are pissed again, it just goes to show its not how the game is played but who plays the game

Comment

Working...
                    X