Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lionel Messi vs Cristiano Ronaldo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can answer who is better. but neither are best in the world.

Comment

Anyone see 3.56 of that video ? what a ****ing goal!!

Comment

Ronaldo is better on his day. The 07/08 season was perfection. However, this season just gone he has been hit and miss. Just looked unmotivated and waiting till he could join Real Madrid, but still showed signs of brilliance.

Messi's best season so far is the one just gone, he is immense dribbling but he isn't as complete as Ronaldo. I have a feeling if you took him out of the Spanish league and put him in a physical league like the Premiership it would be a different story for Messi.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
          Where Messi did **** all second half? You mean after they tried to cut in his leg half cos this 17 year old kid was spunking all over them? That was the first time I, and alot of people I know, saw Mess and he was absolutely AMAZING that match. I still talk about that match with people, because it was one of those remarkable moments where you knew you were seeing something special for the first time.

Ronaldo was awful last season, compared to the previous two. One great goal against Porto and a great performance against Arsenal has disguised an utterly average season for him.

How many times did you see him skin players last year? Now, maybe he was fannying about because he was gonna leave, but I saw a player who had lost a yard of pace and fluidity in his dribbling. I mean, the guy was getting tackled by people like Zokora, Wilkinson (Stoke), Dawson, FFS!

The previous 2 seasons, Ronaldo might have been the best player the Premiership has seen, but last year? He was poor. And the very idea of people thinking he is better than Messi is laughable right now.

I'm calling it right now; Ronaldo is not gonna hit the heights at Madrid. Without team mates who have grown with him and could indulge his talent (like he had at Man U), he's gonna be in for a massive shock when he sees the Real Madrid mafia of Raul, Gutti, Ramos refuse to accept him as readily as he thinks.

The problem with most of you guys is, that you think the Premiership is the be all and end all. It's this sort of close minded that saw most of you think Utd were gonna win the Champs League final.

Truth is, the Premiership apart from the top 4 is weak.
          'Poor' and 'awful' are two different things. Ronaldo was poor by his standards but awful is way off. He scored 26 goals last term.

The game Messi playing when Chelsea won 1-0 was Him blitzing Chelsea in the first half, De Horno chopping him and second half did NOTHING. He got substituted with 20 mins to ago if i remember rightly?

The reason why Premiership teams get put on pedestal against other teams is the success in the CL.

I can't be arsed with the stats but it 3 of the English 'Top 4' in the semi finals in the last 3 years and 5 English teams made the final in the last 5 years. Correct me if i'm wrong?

Comment

There will be more space for Ronaldo to exploit in La Liga, BUT lets see how Ronaldo does when he is not the focal point of the attack. Do you think he is gonna be allowed to be as selfish when he is playing alongside Kaka,Raul etc ?

I doubt it, Kaka will demand the ball.

There are some huge ego's at Real Madrid ....Guti,Raul to name a couple. Many managers have found those ego's too hot to handle.

Comment

Djorkaeff was a great player in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by robjr View Post
                i can answer who is better. but neither are best in the world.
                who is then?

Comment

i saw djorkaeff in a friendly awesome player.

real madrid is gonna be strange to watch next year, ronaldo, kaka, villa and maybe ribbery too, too many egos in one team.

Comment

Ronaldo is more pragmatic in the way he plays than Messi.

Ronnie is a direct, wing forward who scores goals and not much else. He isn't really team player anymore. Part of the reason he was able to flourish at United was because he had Rooney and Tevez tracking back, creating space for him to run into. Sir Alex basically gave him creative licence to do as he pleased.

He also relies heavily on his athleticism. When he loses half a yard of pace we'll see how far his football brain/technique carries him.

For me Messi overall, is a more complete player. He is a better pure dribbler, better technique and more creative. Over the past season he has become more clinical in front of goal aswell. Dude is only 21/22 and I believe we're yet to see the best of him.

On a sidenote, Madrid vs Barca is going to be crazy next year. Cannot wait to see Xavi/Iniesta/Messi vs Kaka/Ronaldo/Villa.

Comment

this decides it, messi wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X