This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Defecator View Post

Chelsea is on their fourth manager in two years. And, if you look at records and standings, three out of four have practically identical records and the fourth came on as a place holder that the players knew they could ignore. Given that Chelsea is getting the same results no matter who is on the touchline, the logical conclusion should be that something other than the manager is the problem.
    The players aren't very good but Poch should be getting these lot to 7th. No excuses even with the injuries.

They concede 2 goals every game.

I don't think we have scored from a corner or indirect free kick all season and we have conceded many goals the other way. It is the one thing you can replicate again and again.

Even penalties he hasnt made a decision. Sterling rips the ball from 100% Palmer.

The things he could coach he doesn't.

I think 99% of people looking at Chelsea will struggle to see what they work on as a team.

Chelsea never looked like a coached team all season. They just rely on the odd bit of quality from usually Palmer.

Poch is appalling tbf.

Potter was a nightmare and we couldn't score but you could see they were coached.

I suspect Poch has given up tbh.

Comment

• FC Baguette is funny af.

This period for the club feels like Liverpool's time a few years back where they were fielding Ricky Lambert and Sakho. Palmer is the early Coutinho standout but I wouldn't be surprised if he sputtered out, more surprised if he left and did like Sterling leaving Liverpool.

The one thing I will concede to Poch is that it took him about 3 seasons to get Tottenham going.

I don't see any manager coming in and instantly flipping this squad of never have I ever types into world beaters.

Maybe Conte and that's because he would literally crush their souls and if they didn't show up, he'd berate them ala Sir Alex Ferguson.

That's the only coach. Anyone else will have the same problems Poch is having, which is, they need time to grow up.

Comment

• Side note:

I came across a video discussing who is the better defender, Van Dijk or John Terry?

Perhaps that video needs more context as to what they mean by better defender but that's pretty much the question.

I am inclined to say Van Dijk is the better player all-around but that sent people into a spiral when I commented that.

What do you lot think?

Comment

• Poch is definitely lacking tactically. I thought that was his major weakness with us. We was well drilled though, and probably one of the fittest teams at the time, only Liverpool could run more and for longer.

But so many times he could get pretty easily out tacticed by average managers. I remember Slavern Bilic even did him a couple of times.

Also subs, he'd wait until the 88th minute to make a change. Very frustrating.

But your Chelsea squad was put together so, so poorly. Buying players with money in mind and not the team. Its all very Levy like if you ask me.
          So i'm with the Defecator, changing managers is a pointless process until you sort out the squad. You're just not as good as you once were. Even if you had Pep or Klopp it aint happening
          Last edited by BodiesInFlight; 04-02-2024, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            Side note:

I came across a video discussing who is the better defender, Van Dijk or John Terry?

Perhaps that video needs more context as to what they mean by better defender but that's pretty much the question.

I am inclined to say Van Dijk is the better player all-around but that sent people into a spiral when I commented that.

What do you lot think?
            I hated Terry but imo he was the best CB in the prem.

I'd put VVD in the same bracket as Vidic and Rio.

Comment

• Terry is a lot better than VVD.

The only players that I'd have comparable are a prime Rio or prime Sol Campbell.

VVD has an arrogant way of defending at times his pace and physicality help him immensely. John Terry had Jorginho pace. Apart from AVB making him defend on the halfway line he was never exposed in his entire career.

To beat Chelsea now all you really need to do is spam crosses and commit numbers forward. You're scoring at least 2.

With Poch I think it worth sacking him. Tactically we need a defensive shape and plan.

It would be pragmatic to sack him. We have the most expensive midfield ever created possibly and they are both crap. Cullen was better than them and even in that Leicester game Dewsberry Hall was significantly better than both.

I don't understand how they can both be so bad.

Our standout is Palmer and that may just be that Poch let's him do whatever. Gusto is the other and he pushes right up. That leaves that right side wide open and Caicedo has to cover enormous spaces because Gallagher himself is basically playing up front.

There are fixes obviously but we'll probably stop scoring again.

Chelsea will concede about 3 vs Man U guaranteed. That can't be right. If you go into a game knowing that is gonna happen.

The issue being if Chelsea sit back the crowd will boo them and slam Poch.

It is end game. He needs f.uck off. He's sh.it.

A lot of it is his fault in how he comes across. When he came he said no excuses. All hes done is make excuses about whether a team we have lost too has a had an extra day to prepare.

I suspect we will lose to Sheff United then it is impossible for him to continue. A bigger humiliation is always just around the corner.

We can't sack 20 players.

The solution really is twisting until we find a manager who improves them.
              Last edited by Sparked_26; 04-03-2024, 04:11 AM.

Comment

• Also you want to sack him now and give a manager preseason and time to do his homework.

Cheaper to sack Poch than buy another plethora of Brazilian bums

Comment

• What would be the difference between Rio and VVD then?

Cause this is how I see VVD:

VVD was nearly always in there right place at the right time. Can play with the ball at his feet. Can pick out a pass and release wingers from deep. Can out run wingers and run with the fastest forwards in the game too.

Tactically Rio and JT were in mid-low and low blocks so they can run General in defense. But VVD played high up, had to run with Heung Min Son, Adama Traore, and heavy pace abusers with an acre of green behind him.

I think there is something to be said about VVD's astuteness when that all around package is considered.

In that comment I did say JT is as good as you can get without the natural gifted talents (i.e. absurd pace, first touch etc.)

But I do think all-around, you can play VVD in pretty much any legendary squad and likely improve those teams. He could play with 2010 Barca for example and actually improve them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    Also you want to sack him now and give a manager preseason and time to do his homework.

Cheaper to sack Poch than buy another plethora of Brazilian bums
                    To be fair, Poch isn't buying anyone. That's the board and sporting directors.

Poch has been pretty much 100% hands off since he was hired.

Wouldn't even talk to Lukaku to smooth things over. Didn't even make discussion about losing the only 10's in the squad and now is playing with anyone as a 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

To be fair, Poch isn't buying anyone. That's the board and sporting directors.

Poch has been pretty much 100% hands off since he was hired.

Wouldn't even talk to Lukaku to smooth things over. Didn't even make discussion about losing the only 10's in the squad and now is playing with anyone as a 10.
                      I'm hoping we have learned regarding managers.

If the next one we employ is a 'head coach' you know we are f.ucked.

But im sure most Chelsea fans are praying for a transfer ban.

We'll only buy Brazilian kids or injured bums.

We need a season like Lampard had. Hands tied.

Run hard. Kick hard. Don't be s.hit.
                      Last edited by Sparked_26; 04-03-2024, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X