Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've only just found out England have qualified for the World Cup.

I can't remember the last time I watched an England game. It was probably the Iceland loss.

I can't even be arsed to read up on the games anymore, let alone watch them.

Watching England scrape past the Lithuanias and Latvias of football is like watching paint dry. There should be some kind pre-qualification as some of these teams have no business being on a football pitch with the bigger nations.

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
      I've only just found out England have qualified for the World Cup.

I can't remember the last time I watched an England game. It was probably the Iceland loss.

I can't even be arsed to read up on the games anymore, let alone watch them.

Watching England scrape past the Lithuanias and Latvias of football is like watching paint dry. There should be some kind pre-qualification as some of these teams have no business being on a football pitch with the bigger nations.
      The bigger nations should get automatic entry tbh, let the dross fight it out amongst themselves for the remaining spots so the big gun players can go back to proper EPL football

Comment

• Then wouldn't the status of England drop at the point?

Top league for club football.

National though, you can't scrape by the Lithuanias of the world 1-0 and then watch Germany beat San Marino 6-0 with a B side and still think you're a big nation.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          Then wouldn't the status of England drop at the point?

Top league for club football.

National though, you can't scrape by the Lithuanias of the world 1-0 and then watch Germany beat San Marino 6-0 with a B side and still think you're a big nation.
          Players who play in the EPL should be eligible to play for England tbh

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            Might as well give us the World Cup now.

They will choking on their chorizo in Madrid, aspirating their Bratwurst in Munich, and crying in their speedos on the Cocacabana in Rio after that resounding win against Slovenia .

England are a well oiled machine pounding their opponents into a sort of colourless gel. We are primed for world dominance. Next up is Lithuania. How dare these mere mortals enter our realm?
            Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            Yeah short sighted.

Slovenia are unfortunate they were in such a tough group. Not often you get two such powerhouses as Scotland and Slovakia battling it out for a play off place.

Both nations will surely expect to win the World Cup if they make it?

They came up against a never-say-die England. I call them the Diamond Generation because they make that Golden Generation look like fishermen.

Lithuania are getting it on Sunday. They're going to get respectfully beaten 1 nil. We're like a 400 metre runner easing up in the last 50 metres. Stopping. Pulling our pants down. Having a poo on the finish line. Then toe-poking the turd over the line. Because our crap is better than the opposition .

I am going to wear St. George's Cross painted on my face for two months this summer. The bare minimum of respect we can show these living legends. You just can't make a plan for a talent like Jordan Henderson.
            Not sure how Tony Pulis could utilise a team of such talent. It'd be like putting a linen suit on a pig.

Ultimately, what Pep Guardiola is trying to build at City is an England team circa 2017. Unfortunately, for him it is a slow burner and he has currently has to deal with bums like De Bruyne, and Silva when what he really needs is a clogger like Eric Dier. His purchase of Kyle Walker for £740 million is but a start.

I reckon the current England football team has a value that exceeds the GDP of the United Kingdom.

How can you put a value on Ryan Bertrand? That way he expertly loops up throw ins at chest level so it takes about 8 touches to control is pioneering. He has foregone any football education on throw-ins despite over 20 years in the game at top academies, to revolutionise the game. Albeit his amendment to common throw-in practice is too his own, England's, and football's detriment. But that's not the point. I am sure Monet painted some right old shit before he done that one with the watercolours and the dashes. It is trial and error. He's on a journey to take an acceptable throw-in.
            England could walk into hell and take the victory against Satan and all his demons.

Betmen is right. Your England supporter gimmick is ****ing outstanding Sparked. You absolutely need to find a gig writing a column dissecting all things England

Having read your posts, you have made me see the light. I am absolutely convinced England will win the World Cup next Russia. I mean, who can stop us? Germany will be reminded of 1945 if they ever step on a pitch with us again. Kane will single handedly molest Brazil and give them a permanent case of PTSD as England pillage them 8-1. The tippy tappy bull**** exhibited by the Spaniards will be no match for the brute strength we possess in the form of Cahill and Dier.

Honestly, this is the way I see it. We will scrape through the group stages. We will scrape through the last 8. We will win the semis on penalties. We will beat say France in the final. Jordan Henderson will score that fake pass beautifully shown to us by Roy in the 118th minute of extra time.

Our top scorer will be own goal. We are dutifully owed a World Cup.

Comment

• Netherlands out.

Argentina, Brazil in trouble.

We qualify undefeated in an absolute cakewalk. The lads deserve credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                Netherlands out.

How is Brazil in trouble? They were the 1st team to qualify for the tournament 6 months ago they're basically playing friendlies now

CONMEBOL is much harder than Europe there are no bum groups like England, Malta and Scotland no excuse for UEFA to get 14 spots when there are like 4 or 5 good teams

Comment

• The things is, Germany did more than just wax Brazil in Brazil. They ruined them. If it was a boxing match, it would've been Margarito-Cotto I with the plaster.

Argentina is a disappointment and Chile is dangerous but again, when the big European nations get in there with them. Can they hang? I don't know.

Comment

• It is nice the England game is on at tea time.

Entire families will be glued to their screens as England put Lithuania to the sword. Everyone needs to see this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                      Netherlands out.

Holland given the talent level they have/had over the years.. arguably more embarrasing then England

Comment

Working...
                      X