This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    Let me see Altidore highlights against Barcelona in camp nou playing with 10 men in champions league semifinal
    I can show you Fernando Torres rounding the keeper and scoring in that exact situation.

He was still dreadful for Chelsea.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      I can show you Fernando Torres rounding the keeper and scoring in that exact situation.

He was still dreadful for Chelsea.
      It wasn’t the exact same situation though was it? Torres goal didn't matter chelsea were already through and Ramires wasn't dreadful he was easily the man of the match

Comment

It wasn’t the exact same situation though was it? Torres goal didn't matter chelsea were already through and Ramires wasn't dreadful he was easily the man of the match
        Barcelona were all over Chelsea, Torres sealed the win.

Ramires was a terrible player who had an occasional good game, certainly not close to what Kante brings.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Barcelona were all over Chelsea, Torres sealed the win.

Ramires was a terrible player who had an occasional good game, certainly not close to what Kante brings.
          Torres goal was in extra time IDK why you making me defend Ramires he scored 12 goals in the league and only became **** after Jose took over
          He had an unbelievable stamina like Kante his work rate was great and his finishing was world class he was technically lacking but far from terrible

Comment

Torres goal was in extra time IDK why you making me defend Ramires he scored 12 goals in the league and only became **** after Jose took over
            He had an unbelievable stamina like Kante his work rate was great and his finishing was world class he was technically lacking but far from terrible
            It was, but it only takes a second to score. It was a big goal.

Depends on what you value in players I suppose; players who's best asset is work rate are not for me.

Kante will give Chelsea that same work rate, but he will also give them intelligence, excellent defensive understanding and positioning along with technical ability.

Comment

Kante is Ramires only slower and less reckless
              Hard to criticise players like Ramires who tried hard but that lad had literally no coordination. And he just he isn't very good at football. Now here he is earning 200k a week in China. Fair play to him.

I swear I have seen that guy try and kick footballs that were 7 foot in the air before. I have seen him over hit 10 yard passes by 30 yards before. That guy is not a natural footballer at all.

Will always be remembered for a few absolutely delightful goals though. Might have been decent in a midfield 3 but really I never thought he was really good enough apart from being a top-level athlete.

Kante is a different player entirely. But even comparing them directly Kante is much, much better at football and has a tactical brain. Ramires must have been brought up playing 40-a-side games in the Favela. His first touch was a crime against Football.

If Chelsea get Kante I will lose my s.hit. Best signing we could possibly make. Best signing since Maka.

If Chelsea get Kante they will probably win the league. Seems like a bit of dream signing to me. He could and probably will sign for a better team.

Comment

One is all speed, the other is all stamina. Also Ramires doesn't have squared feet.
                Last edited by Y0@NN; 07-04-2016, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• Assistant manager actually looks like Ray Lewington .

Comment

• Different club but Mourhino still goes in with no lube on Wenger

In many ways he can't lose.. United have been awful the last 3 years..

Not only that it's not gonna be hard to improve on that "awful" brand of football LVG had us playing.. On another note if LVG was managing England and had them playing like that we would have made the semis no problem

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post

Assistant manager actually looks like Ray Lewington .
                      4.55 onwards is my favourite part of this film.

Gary Hackett, lol.

This film is so accurate. Even now.

Comment

Working...
                      X