• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    Torres is a lummox.

He has a terrible first touch.
    Torres is far from a lummox.

Diego Costa is a lummox.

Remember how i used to tell you Costa would be perfect for Chelsea when you used to say you didn't rate him?

He's made for Chelsea.

Torres however was not.

Torres needs a team that plays it on the floor, not a defensive park the bus side that constantly hoofs the ball at him expecting him to hold the ball up for everyone.

Torres's first touch wasn't all that at Liverpool either, but that didn't stop him from being one of the best strikers in world football when we actually played to his strengths.

Comment

Torres is a lummox.

He has a terrible first touch.
      Harder to have a great first touch when the ball is dropping from 100 feet in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Harder to have a great first touch when the ball is dropping from 100 feet in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
          Torres is far from a lummox.

Diego Costa is a lummox.

Remember how i used to tell you Costa would be perfect for Chelsea when you used to say you didn't rate him?

He's made for Chelsea.

Torres however was not.

Torres needs a team that plays it on the floor, not a defensive park the bus side that constantly hoofs the ball at him expecting him to hold the ball up for everyone.

Torres's first touch wasn't all that at Liverpool either, but that didn't stop him from being one of the best strikers in world football when we actually played to his strengths.
          Torres strengths are balls in behind.

Pretty much most strikers strengths, actually. Strikers at top clubs don't get the space in behind consistently. If they did Jermaine Defoe would be a highly decorated footballer. I don't think Liverpool were a top club with Torres there!

Torres was crocked by the time we got him. But it is not like he is a good footballer. He's not. Never was.

The direct comparison for a Torres in his prime was Didier Drogba. Because he was aggressive, bustling and had pace.

Torres had his chances at Chelsea - scored some important goals for us but he wasn't very good. We had to give him away. And let's not forget Milan had to give him away.

He is shot.

Comment

• Surprised Mourinho is going for Cuadrado. Schurrle seems more his type of player.

Comment

Torres strengths are balls in behind.
              Ya not wrong there the big stonking poofter.

Comment

Surprised Mourinho is going for Cuadrado. Schurrle seems more his type of player.
                I don't see the point in it, really.

Unless Cuadrado turns out to be a world beater. Hazard and Willian have both wide positions locked down.

Chelsea have Thorgan Hazard, Lucas Piazon, Boga, Atsu, Moses, Traore - and probably more out on loan. They will all be fine as a winger used in rotation.

If Chelsea did get £30 million for Schurrle they should sell him though. He doesn't play. I like him though - he reminds me of Freddie Ljungberg. But I don't think we should replace him. Replacing Mata with Salah was terrible. Having seen him in the flesh a lot now - he is not a talented player. He is like a 17 year old Theo Walcott before Theo properly learned how to play football.

Unless Chelsea can get Gareth Bale - what is the point in signing more wingers?

Comment

I don't see the point in it, really.

Unless Cuadrado turns out to be a world beater. Hazard and Willian have both wide positions locked down.

Chelsea have Thorgan Hazard, Lucas Piazon, Boga, Atsu, Moses, Traore - and probably more out on loan. They will all be fine as a winger used in rotation.

If Chelsea did get £30 million for Schurrle they should sell him though. He doesn't play. I like him though - he reminds me of Freddie Ljungberg. But I don't think we should replace him. Replacing Mata with Salah was terrible. Having seen him in the flesh a lot now - he is not a talented player. He is like a 17 year old Theo Walcott.
                  I'd say Cuadrado is better than Willian. What does Willian even do? Cuadrado is more dynamic but also pretty unpredictable and erratic which makes it weird that Mourinho would go for him.

Comment

Surprised Mourinho is going for Cuadrado. Schurrle seems more his type of player.
                    He'll turn Cuadrado into a defensive attacking midfielder just like he did to Willian and Oscar.

Comment

I'd say Cuadrado is better than Willian. What does Willian even do? Cuadrado is more dynamic but also pretty unpredictable and erratic which makes it weird that Mourinho would go for him.
                      Willian is quite good at recycling possession and is defensively surprising strong - but yeah he is pretty much a defensive attacking midfielder.

He is terrible in front of goal though and is basically not a goal threat. But whenever he doesn't play we are worse for it. So he is conspicuous by his absence. He is a better Ramires in style.

Stats wise Willian has always been poor though. He has never scored goals anywhere.

Oscar and Willian are replaceable if Chelsea can get better players than them. But maybe we can't. They are both very good players.

Comment

Working...
                      X