This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
    I thought Luiz had doe a good job in midfield this season..

Didn't him and Matic body either Arsenal or city?
    Luiz is too much of a footballer for Chelsea

Comment

I thought Luiz had doe a good job in midfield this season..

Didn't him and Matic body either Arsenal or city?
      They looked good for a period.

But he is not a midfielder really. His value also outstrips his actual value to the team for me. I hope he has a great world cup, Brazil win the world cup and we can sell him.

I think he could be a legend for Barcelona or Bayern Munich but for us he doesn't really fit. He was fun why he was around but he's slightly at odd with everything.

We need a midfielder who can pass the ball quickly and accurately.

Comment

• He cost 20 odd million when u got him? 30m for him is not that great.. Chelsea really dont have that many quality players that they can afford to get rid of 1

Anyone see that uefa just pushed man citys **** in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Luiz is too much of a footballer for Chelsea
          He's not really.

Comment

He cost 20 odd million when u got him? 30m for him is not that great.. Chelsea really dont have that many quality players that they can afford to get rid of 1

Anyone see that uefa just pushed man citys **** in?
            I think we have a lot of quality footballers.

The only average footballers we have in terms of technique are Ivanovich and Ramires. All the others are good footballers. Obviously the plethora no10's are all good.

But Ivanovich is a boss. I do think we should play with a natural full back next season though it would be a good outlet. Ivanovich has no real quality in the final third.

Ramires I don't think is a good footballer but he is a good squad player.

I am surprised Man City agreed to the sanctions but then the sanctions aren't really that bad. It is not even really a fine. Aren't their earnings for the CL just inhibited? And the reduction in squad isn't that bad. Besides Man City are a bit shit in the Champions' League anyway.

The problem with City is they are now were Chelsea were 3 seasons ago. They have a squad of men and we didn't have FFP to worry about then. In terms of trying to manipulate FFP it is not that useful to have their current squad demographic. The key principle to follow in trying to get around FFP is to understand that player sales are counted in their entirity at the review period whilst fees for players transferred in are paid over their entire contracts. A massive loop-hole that doesn't help City at the minute.

In reality, essentially it makes sense to sell at least one or two players a season. It also makes sense to stock pile young talent like Chelsea do as 'youth development' costs are written off. You take a player - you loan him out. He either makes it or he doesn't and then you can keep him or sell him.

De Bruyne being a perfect example. Chelsea are likely to repeat that trick a lot. If you consider that they are all brought in on structured deals the risk isn't particularly big.

What Chelsea are doing is not particularly ethical but this is where FFP is detrimental to the game.

I guarantee if it ever really did bite hard - the great T.V deal we have which is really fair will be under threat. The clubs with money will find a way to re-negotiate their own T.V deals and then the smaller clubs will be sitting ducks and we'll edge closer to some sort of bullshit European League.

FFP was created to protect the Status Quo but clubs like Chelsea have found a way to pull up the draw bridge behind them and others will follow.
            Last edited by Sparked_26; 05-16-2014, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Have a lot of quality footballers and Mourinho is getting rid of them one by one. First Mata and now Luiz and probably Hazard too. Oscar has also been frozen out.

Mourinho won't be happy until he has a full 23 man squad of prehistoric knuckle draggers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Have a lot of quality footballers and Mourinho is getting rid of them one by one. First Mata and now Luiz and probably Hazard too. Oscar has also been frozen out.

Mourinho won't be happy until he has a full 23 man squad of prehistoric knuckle draggers.
                The current Chelsea team doesn't have enough goals in it anyway. I'd start Schurrle every week even if he has less talent than the others. He'll get 10-15 a season.

I am surprised you rate Luiz so highly. He is pretty dirty, defensively lax, and his passing and ball retention is completely erratic. He's just not that functional.

I'd be interested to see him in another team. Good player for sure but very, very flawed.

In other news, Shane Long is going to break your heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  The current Chelsea team doesn't have enough goals in it anyway. I'd start Schurrle every week even if he has less talent than the others. He'll get 10-15 a season.

I am surprised you rate Luiz so highly. He is pretty dirty, defensively lax, and his passing and ball retention is completely erratic. He's just not that functional.

I'd be interested to see him in another team. Good player for sure but very, very flawed.

In other news, Shane Long is going to break your heart.
                  Probably. That's most likely why I'm ripping into City and Chelsea. Deflection

Comment

• It's now officially the day of destiny.

The stars have aligned.

Comment

• Actually gutted I am not at home this weekend.

I just want to watch it with my Arsenal's mates and snidely wind them up all game.

Even if Arsenal win I can still imagine their little tense, stressed out faces.

Comment

Working...
                      X