This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    Who will pay for him? You'd have to pay him 300 grand a week and over 30 million to take him and he'll be nearly 30. It would ruin a club.

If he signs that contract Man U are surely going to have to stick with him.

Makes me think - could Man U get someone better?
    They can play Mata in behind van Persie and invest in a right winger.

Rooney these days is not worth 300k a week. Not by a long way.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
      They can play Mata in behind van Persie and invest in a right winger.

Rooney these days is not worth 300k a week. Not by a long way.
      Honestly, trying to be objective about it.

They probably should have sold him to Chelsea.

I think he's still a great player but he would wipe us out financially as it does look like Chelsea are looking at FFP realistically. It would be a worse deal than Torres.

Chelsea could sign 3 world class players for 1 Rooney.

Comment

• United imo should sell Rooney for megabucks to PSG then shift Young, Anderson, Nani, Valencia, Ferdinand out the door permanently, maybe even Vidic. That should raise up millions on top of the 150 mil war chest Moyes apparently has and let's hypothetically say he has 200 mil to spend. He should go buy a left winger, right winger, another striker to cover for RVP if he gets injured or for rotation, a commanding centre midfielder, a fresh left back (to phase Evra out), a centre back and maybe one more player.

This way they get rid of the junk and Moyes can begin to build a team around his vision.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Pistolero View Post
          United imo should sell Rooney for megabucks to PSG then shift Young, Anderson, Nani, Valencia, Ferdinand out the door permanently, maybe even Vidic. That should raise up millions on top of the 150 mil war chest Moyes apparently has and let's hypothetically say he has 200 mil to spend. He should go buy a left winger, right winger, another striker to cover for RVP if he gets injured or for rotation, a commanding centre midfielder, a fresh left back (to phase Evra out), a centre back and maybe one more player.

This way they get rid of the junk and Moyes can begin to build a team around his vision.
          It seems like Moyes has a blank cheque book at the minute.

To be fair, Ferguson has spend feck all really in recent seasons so they can go crazy.

But I agree with you. Rooney is prohibitively expensive for anyone and I seriously doubt anyone will pay megabucks for him apart from PSG but then again I am sure they could sign better players too.

Comment

Who will pay for him? You'd have to pay him 300 grand a week and over 30 million to take him and he'll be nearly 30. It would ruin a club.

If he signs that contract Man U are surely going to have to stick with him.

Makes me think - could Man U get someone better?
            PSG/Monaco, I'm hoping either way. £250K a week was enough, but £300K I'd say is a no no. It sets a bad precedent for other big players who want to come to the club. They think hmm this guy is getting paid £300K a week, I want the same.

Comment

• I think Matic made more tackles in that game than John Obi Mikel has made in 8 seasons.

Comment

I think Matic made more tackles in that game than John Obi Mikel has made in 8 seasons.
                He's a good player! My Portuguese mates are normally right! He's good on the ball, passes well, tackles and can cut out passes. Perfect for his role.

Comment

• Oscar on fire

Comment

• He had a great half for me and passes forwards.

I heard he's a bit slow which might be a concern against a quick team but I like how he wins the ball cleanly and intercepts the ball.

This is great! Maybe Mikel will never have to start again.

Comment

He had a great half for me and passes forwards.

I heard he's a bit slow which might be a concern against a quick team but I like how he wins the ball cleanly and intercepts the ball.

This is great! Maybe Mikel will never have to start again.
                      You don't really need to be the quickest in that role.

Comment

Working...
                      X