This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Lulzkaku.

I have to give credit to teh gurmans, the heart and determination they displayed at the end was brilliant. Javi Martinez was at the right spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Underboss View Post
      England can't even win at U19 competitions. It's a shame .
      We're shit at every level.

But our league is good to watch. It wouldn't be if it was full of English players . It is the price we've paid.

I'm fine with it. England all things being equal will never win a world cup ahead of Brazil or Germany so unless we suddenly have some sort of football epiphany we'll never be truly competitive. No one gives a shit anymore.

England 0 - 0 Algeria Cape Town 2010 - The day everybody stopped caring.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          We're shit at every level.

But our league is good to watch. It wouldn't be if it was full of English players . It is the price we've paid.

I'm fine with it. England all things being equal will never win a world cup ahead of Brazil or Germany so unless we suddenly have some sort of football epiphany we'll never be truly competitive. No one gives a shit anymore.

England 0 - 0 Algeria Cape Town 2010 - The day everybody stopped caring.
          Try the 1-0 loss against Northern Ireland.

But by God was that 0-0 one of the worst games I've ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Underboss View Post
            England can't even win at U19 competitions. It's a shame .
            Fucking septics, following the children's competitions.

Comment

• Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
              Try the 1-0 loss against Northern Ireland.

But by God was that 0-0 one of the worst games I've ever seen.
              I genuinely booked every possible England fixture off up to the final from work just in case and so I could go out on the piss for every fixture.

That 0-0 was brutal. Honestly, England should have just booted the ball in their own net to fill the complete happiness vacuum that that game created. Purgatory is watching England toil to an nil-nil draw with Algeria.

40 seconds to 1 minutes 32 of this bit from Mike Bassett Football manager was absolutely prophetic of that night. They even nearly got the opposition right!

Comment

That high line stuff.

It just doesn't work in English football.

I agree. Too fast and direct.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  I agree. Too fast and direct.
                  It was disastrous at Chelsea. It doesn't make sense if to breakdown the opposition you need to make 40 passes and to break you down they need 2.

Playing like Barcelona is all well and good and they are brilliant. But it doesn't really work that well for anyone else on the big stage.

Bayern are actually noticeably worse. Already!

If City sort their shit out they could beat them in the CL.

Comment

I genuinely booked every possible England fixture off up to the final from work just in case and so I could go out on the piss for every fixture.

That 0-0 was brutal. Honestly, England should have just booted the ball in their own net to fill the complete happiness vacuum that that game created. Purgatory is watching England toil to an nil-nil draw with Algeria.

40 seconds to 1 minutes 32 of this bit from Mike Bassett Football manager was absolutely prophetic of that night. They even nearly got the opposition right!

haha can't beat a bit of Mike Bassett.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kid Isco View Post
                      Silly yank. No MLS club could do what Celtic did to Barcelona last year. Home and away.

MLS clubs got life and death vs bench warmers of mid table European clubs.

Neil Lennon exposed Barcelona last year. Home and away, the away result was bs but anyone that saw that knew Barça got a lucky last second win.

The Bundesliga is a glorified Scottish League. Bayern finished on top with 20 points to spare, says it all.
                      All I read was BS.

Comment

Working...
                      X