This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USA4LIFE View Post
    I liked Mancini and I didn't agree with his sacking at the time (although I'm a huge fan of Pellegrini), but he severely undervalued Dzeko IMO.

Also, any news on Kompany's injury?
    To be fair it sometimes seems as if he has the touch of a Sunday league player. He needs a run of games and Mancini always seemed reluctant to give him it (probably because 4 top strikers was too many). Same sort of situation with Balotelli.

I read a quote from MP saying he might be out for a couple of weeks. Struggling for CB's a bit at the moment.

Comment

• How the hell did Real get a corner out of a failed bicycle kick from Ronaldo? The ball clearly went off his head.

Last edited by ladiesman217; 08-19-2013, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• I think if Chelsea can keep it tight and bulk up in the middle in January. We could play the spoiler and steal the league.

I say January because it looks like we won't be buying for real positions of need right now. Ie: dm, cb.

Any combo of ramires, lampard, essien, ginkel in the pivot seems rather lightweight, no?

Nevermind only having Luiz for a top quality cb.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          I think if Chelsea can keep it tight and bulk up in the middle in January. We could play the spoiler and steal the league.

I say January because it looks like we won't be buying for real positions of need right now. Ie: dm, cb.

Any combo of ramires, lampard, essien, ginkel in the pivot seems rather lightweight, no?

Nevermind only having Luiz for a top quality cb.
          It wouldn't be much of a steal as Chelsea along with City are the stand out favourites to win the league.
          With Chelsea's squad depth and manager they should be expecting to win it imo, same goes for City.

All the players you mentioned are all still good and i disagree that Luiz is the only top quality CB you have, in fact i would go as far to say that he's one of the biggest liabilities when he's playing in defence for Chelsea. Give me Terry/Ivanovic/Cahill any day over him. He plays well there for Brazil but when i see him for Chelsea he looks a bit iffy and the only outstanding performances i've seen of him when playing for Chelsea is when he plays defensive midfield.

Comment

• It doesn't matter who City or Chelsea buy, Van Persie = Winning the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
              It doesn't matter who City or Chelsea buy, Van Persie = Winning the league.
              Too bad it never worked for Arsenal

Comment

• Man City sold Denis Suarez to Barca for 1.3m

I remember El Fenómeno said that kid would become the new David Silva.

Comment

• @ Wenger trolling his enemy Pardew yet again

I can't believe people are raving about City and Chelsea after those games..

Newcastle were beaten before kick off and lost a man.. Hull city are just hull

Man United were the best team of the opening games..

Dont like what the board are doing at Arsenal and Wenger seems to get the blame.. this smacks of a few years ago when they brought many players after getting hammered by United.. the likes of Arteta are good but they are not THE TOP players Arsenal should be in for..

Comment

• Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
                    Celtic should heavily pump this mob .

Arsenal face tough Turkey trip to Fenerbahce while Celtic travel play Champions League new boys Shakhter Karagandy of Kazakhstan in play-offs

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2bSxilsrk
                    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
                    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...play-offs.html

Comment

• Real Sociedad v Lyon today.

Lets see if Carlos Vela is able to make a difference on the big stage.

Comment

Working...
                      X