Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West, who played for both Milan clubs before moving to England with Derby County, retired in 2008 and is listed as being 39 on his Wikipedia profile.

However, Zecevic claims that when he turned out for Partizan he was already 40 years old. "He joined us saying he was 28. We only later found out he was 40, but he was still playing well so I don't regret having him on the team," he said.

West made a relatively small number of club appearances during a career disrupted by injury, but made over 40 for his national side Nigeria. He was a part of Nigeria's Olympic gold-medal winning football team of 1996, some of whom have faced questions over their age in the past - including Nwankwo Kanu and Jay-Jay Okocha.

The defender finished his career five years ago in Iran at Paykan FC at the age of 46, if Zecevic is to be believed.
    lol...Taribo West what a legend!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      well he was born in Antwerp so I'd say 20.

Christopher Samba looks well over 40 to me.
      20 my ****ing ass.

Comment

• I've seen that before about Taribo West, not buying it. If It was true then he would've made his professional debut when he was about 29 or summat.

He was a top player at Inter as well, when he was supposedly about 40. How good would he have been 10 years earlier?!

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
            20 my ****ing ass.
            He was born in Belgium not Kinshasa.

Comment

• An 18 year old Rooney.

I'd say Lukaku looks younger than him.

Comment

He was born in Belgium not Kinshasa.
                £10,000 under the table and suddenly birth certificates can disappear.

Comment

An 18 year old Rooney.

I'd say Lukaku looks younger than him.
                  Bad picture. Looks like it was taken at an international tournament, somewhere hot that damaged his delicate pale complexion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                    Bad picture. Looks like it was taken at an international tournament, somewhere hot that damaged his delicate pale complexion.

He looks like the FA Cup in that picture.

Comment

• Yaya Sanogo looks pretty old to me...

Comment

Working...
                      X