This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
    The more you say about it, the more it sounds like your mate is looking to do a Pistorious on you. Just make sure you do it in a bottle or just on the floor if you need a piss in the middle of the night.

World cup in Brazil, can't ask for more than that. Footballing orgasm.
    .....Haha! If it happens we'll be drinking ourselves to ruin so me pissing myself is likely.

Originally posted by Bob & Weave View Post
    Don't get all the hype with Neymar. Other than a silly haircut, what does he actually have?

The Barca Slayer™ is a much better prospect than that overrated bum.
    I think I've seen this bloke play about 6 times now and every time he has had a stinker.

Dunno who he reminds me of, plays a little like Eden Hazard only not as good. I dunno what he is either I thought he was meant to be a striker but he seems to play in no man's land on the left wing. The Ronaldinho position.

Comment

• He has 17 international goals already, only turned 21 a couple of weeks ago.

Can't think of many who've had that impact on the international stage at that age.

Comment

He has 17 international goals already, only turned 21 a couple of weeks ago.

Can't think of many who've had that impact on the international stage at that age.
        Lot's of pressure on him, too.

He was pony at the Olympics. He must be good though because so many people surely wouldn't get their knickers in a twist over him. He has 100% hit rate of being ****e in games I've watched though.

He does scare me, in the sense I think Chelsea might get him and he'll be appalling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          Lot's of pressure on him, too.

He was pony at the Olympics. He must be good though because so many people surely wouldn't get their knickers in a twist over him. He has 100% hit rate of being ****e in games I've watched though.

He does scare me, in the sense I think Chelsea might get him and he'll be appalling.
          I think I only saw him twice at the Olympics but I saw him live when they played at Old Trafford and he put on probably the best individual performance I've seen in person since maybe Aguero's debut. Was only against Belarus like, but still.

Did you not watch him tear the GB team apart in the warm up game for the olympics?

Comment

He has 17 international goals already, only turned 21 a couple of weeks ago.

While that's true you have to put it into context of who he's scored against.

Did he do anything last night?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob & Weave View Post
              Don't get all the hype with Neymar. Other than a silly haircut, what does he actually have?

The Barca Slayer™ is a much better prospect than that overrated bum.
              Now this i can agree with you on. The guy is made for highlight reels, but everytime ive seen him he's tried to do skill and lost it. Ronaldo when he was young was always too flash but at least his skills worked sometimes and against world class opposition.

Not impressed by him so far, maybe he will develop?

Comment

• Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                While that's true you have to put it into context of who he's scored against.

Did he do anything last night?
                Already a couple against Argentina, got one against Germany.

Look through C.Ronaldo's international record. Against top teams he has 3 against Holland and 1 against Argentina. That's it, and he's 28.

Didn't watch last night, don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Now this i can agree with you on. The guy is made for highlight reels, but everytime ive seen him he's tried to do skill and lost it. Ronaldo when he was young was always too flash but at least his skills worked sometimes and against world class opposition.

Not impressed by him so far, maybe he will develop?
                  Ronaldo was in the prem at that age so for every one Neymar game people are probably watching there were about 12 Ronaldo games to watch. Of course Ronaldo would look better.

Ronaldo didn't have any effective skills at that age, all he used to do was stand in front of the fullback doing pointless step-overs for 6-7 seconds. Never used to draw the defender in, never used t affect the game in any way.

Look at this vid. Euro 2004, only a couple of months younger than Neymar is now. Not the amount of times he gives away the ball/tries some crap skill. And this is seen as one of his most notable performances at international level.

Neymar right now is better than Ronaldo was then, easily.

Comment

• He's no Taarabt that's for sure.

Comment

Ronaldo was in the prem at that age so for every one Neymar game people are probably watching there were about 12 Ronaldo games to watch. Of course Ronaldo would look better.

Ronaldo didn't have any effective skills at that age, all he used to do was stand in front of the fullback doing pointless step-overs for 6-7 seconds. Never used to draw the defender in, never used t affect the game in any way.

Look at this vid. Euro 2004, only a couple of months younger than Neymar is now. Not the amount of times he gives away the ball/tries some crap skill. And this is seen as one of his most notable performances at international level.

Neymar right now is better than Ronaldo was then, easily.
                      Everything you say is fair i suppose. All i know is that when i have seen him he's not been great. The quicker he moves to a European league the better imo, start adding some tactical knowledge to his ability.

also Ronaldo at this age was already holding a place in one of the best teams in the world and playing against some of the best defenders in the world, he was raw yes but was a far better player at this stage than Neymar is from what ive seen...

Comment

Working...
                      X