This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Money_May View Post
    To the Munich fan. Shall we give red cards for overhead kicks?
    If they hit some one in the chest yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loud! View Post
      Sending-off offences
      A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the following seven offences:

serious foul play
      violent conduct
      spitting at an opponent or any other person
      denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
      denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick
      using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
      receiving a second caution in the same match

A player is guilt of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs , with excessive force and endagering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.
      He didn't lunge and he didn't use any force he was trying to bring the ball down by controlling it. He didn't even know he was there. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Loud! View Post
        Sending-off offences
        A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the following seven offences:

serious foul play
        violent conduct
        spitting at an opponent or any other person
        denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
        denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick
        using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
        receiving a second caution in the same match

A player is guilt of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs , with excessive force and endagering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.
        But this is the theatre of dreams (tm). Rules don't apply.

Comment

• If that's a red card so should every tackle where the players clash heads trying to head the ball.

Comment

• The legendary walk to the tunnel from Mourinho before the game ends.

I love him.

Comment

• I think United would have gone deep in the competition if they went through and may have possibly won it.

I don't buy into the theory about English teams being weaker. We won it last year with a team that finished 6th; a bit lucky maybe. However, if Chelsea had only average luck before that we would have won the Champions League at least another two times. Arsenal were close to winning a final and United beat Chelsea in 2008 and reached another two finals.

English teams have been more or less the dominant force in regards representation at the latter stages of the competition up until last year supposedly - when an English team actually won it! And who knows if we hung onto a 2-0 lead against Juventus we probably would have went deep into it again this season. Fine margins.

The way it works at the minute is that Man City get stung by having no real history in the competition and therefore sitting in pot 3 in the draw. Chelsea have more or less pushed the self-destruct button at board level, and Arsenal are just genuniely dead average at the moment. Man U should be there or thereabouts and it was only Fergie's brainfart that fudged them last year.

Next year as long as the Chelsea manager isn't someone who has won the job in a raffle - Chelsea will be a threat again (if we qualify). City will strengthen, maybe even with a new manager and are bound to make a proper run at it next time.

Spurs and Arsenal wont do ****.
              Last edited by Sparked_26; 03-05-2013, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Mourinho is such a boss!! He's got tonnes of charisma.

Comment

• City won't do **** in Europe next year. What big players are up for them to buy? I think silva or aguero one of them is leaving this summer.

Comment

• My opinion on the tackle was that it didn't seem intentional but it was a foul. The ref considered it intentional and it was therefore serious foul play and a red. I don't think you can give that a yellow, I think it has to be a straight red.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                      Mourinho is such a boss!! He's got tonnes of charisma.
                      I know he is 7 years older.

But he was so much more handsome when he was at Chelsea.

He should think about that.

Comment

Working...
                      X