Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So sad Carrick ruled himself out of England duty. We have to put up with Henderson now

It's a shame, because success in international football is predicated on the ability to keep possession, and using that possession effectively. Players like Parker, Gerrard, Henderson, and Milner squander the ball at almost every opportunity. No wonder Carrick didn't want to be on the bench behind that lot. Constantly overlooked and vastly under-rated. The England squads wastefulness in possession over the next month is just going to be embarrassing.

Comment

• The FA needs to do something about the amount of foreigners coming to the Premier League because at this rate there wont be more players like Wilshere coming through. Seriously, the sight of Jordan Henderson playing for England at the Euros will be terrible to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
        I don't pay attention to the English media.

But IMO Eto, Falco, RVP, Villa and Augero are better than Rooney.

A fit and firing Torres and Drogba are better than a fit and firing Rooney IMO.

You could even make an argument that Zlatan is better if you just look at his career stats but he does flatter to decieve at times.

You could also argue that Messi and Ronaldo are better as they've played centrally (or are we talking about out-and-out strikers and not attackers?)

Also I don't think the point about Ronaldo being played wide at United is true. I know that's where he started and that's where he played a lot of games but when you had Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney it was almost a front 3 with Ronaldo being central. I think it's harsh to say he brings nothing else to the game other than goals (which btw is the most important and hardest thing in football). You only have to look at how he performed for Madrid under Jose to see how much he offers.
        Wow, I would personally say your seriously underrating rooney more than anything

A Fit and firing torres? are you talking about 3 years ago? and Drogba?

I dont even see how you can compare half of these people with Rooney, not because they are not good, but the fact of what Rooney actually brings to a game... Hes is a pure team player, he pings the ball out to your wingers as good as the best center mids can....hes got great link up play n vision...and to add to it he scores goals...

All the stikers you have named are great no doubt...but saying they are all better than Rooney, I think you are underrating him more than people are overrating him....the fact you even mentioned torres when he had 2 brilliant seasons kinda summed it up... Drogba is an unbelievable player....(well hes past his best now) but I still wouldnt say hes better than Rooney

At the end of the day, I dont think I could pick another striker to bring the best out of United like Rooney does...the strikers you named just dont have the things he brings to our team

Also stuff like Falcao is better than Rooney... the guy currently playing for Athletico, previously for porto...when he does it at a top team il rate him more..Rooneys been doin it for 8 years at United now, 1 of the biggest clubs in the world no doubt....I dont think he would be if he was overrated

And Zlatan? Please dont get me started on that flop lol

Comment

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
          Wow, I would personally say your seriously underrating rooney more than anything

A Fit and firing torres? are you talking about 3 years ago? and Drogba?

I dont even see how you can compare half of these people with Rooney, not because they are not good, but the fact of what Rooney actually brings to a game... Hes is a pure team player, he pings the ball out to your wingers as good as the best center mids can....hes got great link up play n vision...and to add to it he scores goals...

All the stikers you have named are great no doubt...but saying they are all better than Rooney, I think you are underrating him more than people are overrating him....the fact you even mentioned torres when he had 2 brilliant seasons kinda summed it up... Drogba is an unbelievable player....(well hes past his best now) but I still wouldnt say hes better than Rooney

At the end of the day, I dont think I could pick another striker to bring the best out of United like Rooney does...the strikers you named just dont have the things he brings to our team

Also stuff like Falcao is better than Rooney... the guy currently playing for Athletico, previously for porto...when he does it at a top team il rate him more..Rooneys been doin it for 8 years at United now, 1 of the biggest clubs in the world no doubt....I dont think he would be if he was overrated

And Zlatan? Please dont get me started on that flop lol
          Drogba has impacted bigger games. Have you ever seen Rooney boss a defence like Drogba has?

And when I mentioned Torres I did say a fit and firing Torres. Yes he hasn't been that guy for a while but if it was a choice between the Liverpool Torres (in his first two season) and Rooney, I'll take Torres.

And you say Drogba is past his best (probably a fair comment) yet a past it Drogba still dominated against Barca, Spurs (semi-final) and against Bayern when Chelsea needed him. He came up trumps.

Originally posted by Addition View Post
          WOW! Hahaha, you can't be serious?
          Again read what I said about Zlatan. I didn't say I thought he was better, I said there's a case to be made for it based on his goal scoring record.

490 appearances and 234 goals playing for Ajax, Juve, Inter, Barca & AC. As I said based on his record (a striker is judged on his goals remember) a case could be made for him. 30 goals in 76 for Sweden is a good record to considering they're not exactly the greatest footballing nation in the world.

Rooney 433 scoring 199.

I don't discount what Rooney does for his team but his job isn't to be dropping deep and pinging the ball out wide to the wingers is it?

It's the midfielders job. Rooney's job is to score goals.

But IMO I've never seen (or remember) when Rooney has dominated a match against quality opposition like the guys I've mentioned.

He was fantastic at Euro 2004. He running games but other than that, I don't remember.

I don't discount Rooney's talent or ability. I don't believe I'm under-rating him or over-rating him.

I'm just being genuine about his impact and what he's actually done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawless* View Post
            This is English media bull**** 101,

The difference between Ronaldo and Rooney is that Ronaldo can play alone striker and score; he can always do the job. Why would Ronaldo drop deep and help the team when his is most effective as a striker. He would be wasting his talent. Rooney isn’t a great striker/target man, his flaws has been exposed hence why he drops back and receives applauds from English pundits, hard work doesn’t necessarily mean better team player. Ronaldo has 12 assist this season in the league alone while Rooney had 4 yet somehow he is the better team player
            Why lie?

Rooney had 8 assits

Lying to try and make your point valid isnt good...no1 listens to anything you say cos you talk so much **** to be honest

Rooney was more important to United than Ronaldo....end of

Comment

• Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
              Drogba has impacted bigger games. Have you ever seen Rooney boss a defence like Drogba has?

And when I mentioned Torres I did say a fit and firing Torres. Yes he hasn't been that guy for a while but if it was a choice between the Liverpool Torres (in his first two season) and Rooney, I'll take Torres.

And you say Drogba is past his best (probably a fair comment) yet a past it Drogba still dominated against Barca, Spurs (semi-final) and against Bayern when Chelsea needed him. He came up trumps.

I don't discount what Rooney does for his team but his job isn't to be dropping deep and pinging the ball out wide to the wingers is it?

It's the midfielders job. Rooney's job is to score goals.

But IMO I've never seen (or remember) when Rooney has dominated a match against quality opposition like the guys I've mentioned.

He was fantastic at Euro 2004. He running games but other than that, I don't remember.

I don't discount Rooney's talent or ability. I don't believe I'm under-rating him or over-rating him.

I'm just being genuine about his impact and what he's actually done.
              Drogba is probably 1 of the best big game players I have ever seen, Rooney has had his fair share also tho...hes scored in huge derby games, against our biggest rivals...champs league final etc...

You say drogba bosses defences, in what sense? because he is physically so strong? Rooney been bossing defences for years, drogba is a target man, rooney isnt....your comparing things that are not comparable..its like me asking you how often Drogba pings a ball out to the wingers in free space

And your the type of person I would assume who thinks Strikers should just score goals...because it seems thats all your really looking at...

At the end of the day, you have a number 9 and a number 10....one is a more supporting role... no one should have 2 out and out strikers..just doesnt work

A striker doesnt just need to be someone scoring goals....whether hes getting assists or not dont matter either, its the team chemistry that is the important part...

Comment

• Henderson in for Lampard. I just hope we don't get embarrassed. Again.

Comment

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
                  Drogba is probably 1 of the best big game players I have ever seen, Rooney has had his fair share also tho...hes scored in huge derby games, against our biggest rivals...champs league final etc...

You say drogba bosses defences, in what sense? because he is physically so strong? Rooney been bossing defences for years, drogba is a target man, rooney isnt....your comparing things that are not comparable..its like me asking you how often Drogba pings a ball out to the wingers in free space

And your the type of person I would assume who thinks Strikers should just score goals...because it seems thats all your really looking at...

At the end of the day, you have a number 9 and a number 10....one is a more supporting role... no one should have 2 out and out strikers..just doesnt work

A striker doesnt just need to be someone scoring goals....whether hes getting assists or not dont matter either, its the team chemistry that is the important part...
                  Not just physically. I mean really taking it by the scruff of the neck.

Look at how Rooney was in Euro 2004. Picking the ball up driving at defences & basically scaring the living daylights out of them. How many times has he done that since?

I'm not saying that they should be judged solely on goals but that's the main point of a striker isn't it?

But if you want to split hairs and place Rooney solely in that number 10 role...then he isn't comparable to Eto, Augero, Falco, RVP, etc. Because they are out and out strikers (even though they do their part in the build up of moves and attacks).

So I'm slightly confused as to what your argument for Rooney being better than them is?

Is it he's a better all round player ? IMO RVP is better and he's proven it this season. First time he's been injury free all season and he's playing in a lesser side some could say.

Or is he the better striker? Which I don't think he is either.

I think Rooney is a very, very good player.

World Class? Yet to be proven IMO. The player that tore up Euro 2004 (until his injury) looked like he would be a world beater but he hasn't replicated that sort of form on a regular enough basis (and against the big sides either).

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
                      Henderson in for Lampard. I just hope we don't get embarrassed. Again.
                      Meh, Lampard hasn't done fuck all for England since Euro 2004. Another overrated chump.

Comment

Working...
                      X