This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soccer Aid: Roy key for Stam

Ex-United star Jaap Stam believes the presence of Roy Keane at Soccer Aid on Sunday is a major plus for his squad of celebrities and former players.

The Rest of the World sealed a dramatic first-ever Soccer Aid victory in the last match in 2010 after Hollywood actor Woody Harrelson fired the decisive spot-kick in a tense penalty shoot-out. Stam is looking forward to returning to Old Trafford and says his former captain Keane will play a key role in their quest to retain the trophy.

"I’ve played with a lot of world-class players but Roy is up there in the top five," Stam told us. "His drive, stamina and determination are fantastic and he always had the ability to makes football look very simple.

"He always made great decisions and the power he had as a midfielder was unbelievable – there are very few players I’ve seen in my career who have the same qualities as Roy Keane."

Stam is one of three former Reds in the Rest of the World squad, alongside Keane and Edwin van der Sar, with the Dutch defender adding that stepping out at Old Trafford again will be an experience he'll cherish.

"The stadium is a special place and seeing it packed full is a great feeling," says Stam. "I still remember how it felt when you stepped out of the tunnel and saw the crowd. It’ll be a real thrill to be back and see some old friends. Hopefully we can get the result we want."
    He damn right

Comment

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
      Do you actually never get bored of talking complete **** allll day?
      How is what I said "complete ****"?

A United fan getting teary eyed about Chelsea winning the Champions League is quite possibly the gayest thing Ive ever heard in my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
        Do you actually never get bored of talking complete **** allll day?
        Abramovich has been far more important tochelsea then Drogba.. Digger is spot on for once

Comment

• First signing of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
            First signing of the season.

More pics if anyone is interested
            http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/News/Gall...786665,00.html

Comment

• Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
              First signing of the season.

Mike Ashley has saved your bum football club

Comment

• Toon starting a new French revolution.

Don't know this Amalfitano, but his brother Morgan is pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  The only person who deserves a statue is Abramovich because without him Drogba or any of those other mercenaries wouldn't be playing for a bum club like Chelsea.
                  Gianfranco Zola.

And stop hating. Maybe Arsenal can win the champions league one day as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    Gianfranco Zola.

And stop hating. Maybe Arsenal can win the champions league one day as well.
                    What about Zola?

If Arsenal were to ever win it in such disgraceful fashion, I wouldn't even count it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      What about Zola?

If Arsenal were to ever win it in such disgraceful fashion, I wouldn't even count it.
                      You said the only one who deserves a statue is Roman. Well, Zola is Chelsea's greatest player ever and was before Roman.

I take it, you don't like Italian football much. Catenaccio.

Comment

Working...
                      X