This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
    Can someone tell me if Gomez is nailed on to start for Germany at the Euros? Just about to put some money on him for the golden boot but I don't know how much he'll play with Klose and Podolski still on the scene. If no-one can give me an answer I'll just put money on Llorente instead.
    Seems to get the nod over Klose more often than not, tough group though
    Llorente is even less nailed on I'd say, Soldado is probably the prefered striker

Spain will create tonnes of chances, even if its just against the weaker teams, plus their group is easier.
    Last edited by TRAV1$; 04-29-2012, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• Netherlands, Denmark, Portugal, Germany are all in the same group, takes the appeal off a few contenders for me.

Comment

• Grant Holt for golden boot.

Comment

• Stewart Downing.

Comment

• Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
            I think he is, but idk about the whole golden boot part.

Gomez has played with Germany the past couple matches, which he started and has made goals. So he keeps his goalscoring form with the national side as well.

Podolski usually plays a left winger for Germany.

Can't see Klose starting every match tho, even tho he's one of Low's favorites. He has an injury atm if I'm not mistaken. I think Gomez will be the starter and if he doesn't do ****, Klose will come in like 60th or 70th min mark.

No other German can start over Gomez that I can think of. Andre Schurrle has been cheeks this season.
            Gomez it is then. Not a big fan of his but he gets goals (apart from the 2 international tournaments he's played for Germany in ).

Originally posted by TRAV1$ View Post
            Llorente is even less nailed on I'd say, Soldado is probably the prefered striker
            Really? Every time I've seen Spain play in the past few months the front 3 has been Iniesta-Llorente-Silva...

They're the only 2 I fancy to win it tbh. RVP seems to share the goals with Huntelaar at international level and I don't fancy any of the French/Italian/Portuguese/English forwards.

Might throw a couple of quid on Lewandowski e/w, Poland have a piss easy group and I'm a nutter.

Comment

• Yeah, Gomez is **** but he makes his tap ins and rebounds. I think he'll do good cause he has actually been scoring with the national team.

He has 2 good seasons with Stuttgart but when he would be called up to the national squad he would be miss everything and live up to his Mario Goal-miss nickname he had his 1st season with Bayern.

Last season and this current one he's been scoring for Bayern and Germany for fun.

I would put a bet on Benzema leading France to glory.

Comment

• Benzema and France ain't doing shit!

Comment

• Van Persie is going to light up the Euros.

Comment

• Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
                    I would put a bet on Benzema leading France to glory.
                    I'd only bet on someone like Benzema if he took all the set pieces but I think Nasri does.

Originally posted by Street Disciple View Post
                    Van Persie is going to light up the Euros.
                    Holland to finish bottom of their group then.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                      I'd only bet on someone like Benzema if he took all the set pieces but I think Nasri does.

Holland to finish bottom of their group then.
                      Holland ain't no bum ass team like England. They got thugs like Van Persie, Schnjieder and Robben in the team.

Holland are going to go full ****** on all the teams and win the Euros. You heard it here first.

Comment

Working...
                      X