Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90k people last night at the Rose Bowl.

Comment

• thought mexico black uniforms were cool!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
        I hope nobody is expecting Rooney to blast us to World Cup glory because England doesn't play like United. He doesn't get good enough service with England and he will look ordinary. All our wingers are average, they have speed and that's about it. Walcott is terrible and always has been, i like Shaun Wright Phillips sometimes but he's a bit hit and miss. Lennon is probably the best but like the others i don't think they are world class.

Defence needs sorting out, hopefully when Ferdinand gets back normal order will be restored. Upson's mistake was shocking, this was only Egypt imagine playing him against Spain. Lampard was pitifull but Carrick came on and did alright.

The positives are that despite my dislike for him, Crouch came on and scored twice and keeps up his good scoring record for England. Baines looked like he coped ok too. Barry and Brown (surprisingly) played well too. Milner as always was epic.

I'd like to see Ashley Young and Agbonlahor in the squad i think they would be great additions.

It sounds like i've slated the whole England team, which i kinda have, but i don't mean they are **** i just meant that all these players play good for their teams but when it comes down to playing together for England something doesn't click until it's too late (aka the 2nd half). It really isn't on par with the Spains and Brazils of this world. No doubt we will get past the group stage but when we come up against a big country there could be problems.

EVERYONE hopes Rooney carries the team to the final, thats no secret. Will he do it, not on his own, its one thing to carry United but the national side at the WC, nah thats too much.

Walcott, didn't have the best game but they barely supplied him with the ball. The team didn't include him for him to make the difference.

Lampard, Gerrard and Barry were nonexistant IMO, Milner, Crouch and SWP came on and won the game for England.

Ferdinand won't make much of a difference in the defense, without Cashley its not getting better.

But credit to Egypt, played the game very well.....

Comment

• Walcott, didn't have the best game but they barely supplied him with the ball. The team didn't include him for him to make the difference.
          Thats not entirely true, Theo started well but as always how well he plays is usually determined on how many early good touches he has of the ball, he had some good touches early and started well but when he took a few bad touches you could see it was starting eb away at his confidence. If you have played Sunday football you will know that when you lose the ball or keep running it out of play your own team mates will be reluctant to give you the the ball as often, thats what happened to Theo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
            Thats not entirely true, Theo started well but as always how well he plays is usually determined on how many early good touches he has of the ball, he had some good touches early and started well but when he took a few bad touches you could see it was starting eb away at his confidence. If you have played Sunday football you will know that when you lose the ball or keep running it out of play your own team mates will be reluctant to give you the the ball as often, thats what happened to Theo.
            Yeah he lost it a few times at the start...so they kinda stopped using him, i think they probably started thinking its just not his day....

SWP come on and made a impact straight away...same for milner

Comment

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
              Yeah he lost it a few times at the start...so they kinda stopped using him, i think they probably started thinking its just not his day....

SWP come on and made a impact straight away...same for milner

The problem with Theo is that he lacks a football brain, now he is okay when he plays quick and instinctively, but when he has time to think he messes things up or chooses the wrong option.

That said im not gonna be too harsh on him because Theo is not even a winger, he is a striker or an inside foward, when they tell him to get touch tight that is just not his game, he gets jockeyed up the line and he is not smart enough to adapt because that is not his position, he is already challenged when it comes to possessing a Football brain, putting him outta position just exposes that flaw way too much.

The reason Theo has shown glimpses of quality is because when all said and done he does have world class pace, he is an excellent finisher who times his runs inside the fullback brilliantly at times, now you can play **** sometimes and score and been seen to of had a good performance, Walcott has! had some good performances on the wing but what sets him apart from Lennon, SWP and makes people think he is a better winger than he is, is because he is a much better finisher than those guys, no doubt because he is a striker not a winger.

Theo has world class potential but he one dimensional, thats why he cant be played outta position, you must play to his strengths, which is not getting touch tight and slinging crosses into the box.

This is what Theo is good at, note the composure in the Box.

Im not sure whether Theo should go to the world cup myself as his confidence is so low at the moment, that said he must be a better striking option than Heskey who cant hit a barn door.

Comment

• 3.00 min of this vid illustrates exactly what im talking about, the way he times his runs inside the fullback is excellent, he does it against Sunderland then against Fenerbache, tell me that is not world class.

Comment

• Javier "Sweet Pea" Hernandez is green and ugly as hell. :down:

The black uniforms are the piff. :up:

Cuau's reflexes are clearly shot. :down:

Salcido is underrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                    3.00 min of this vid illustrates exactly what im talking about, the way he times his runs inside the fullback is excellent, he does it against Sunderland then against Fenerbache, tell me that is not world class.

Of course he is world class, I wouldn't have bought him if he wasn't.

Comment

• You're an ATG, Mr. Wenger. :yup:

Comment

Working...
                      X