Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah defo a bit of luck on the way. I actually switched off the game when city scored late on. I wasn't used to VAR yet lol think it was the first season it was used

that year and we was crap in the league and domestic cups. The demise starting happening prior to that final run really.

I always blamed Levy for not churning to squad when it badly needed it but poch defo started losing the plot towards the end.

Like there were rumors he was getting paranoid and reclusive. wanted cameras in all the rooms to spy on the players from his office lol dunno if true but he's an odd guy so it fits.
    Sparked_26 Sparked_26 likes this.

Comment

• I think this Chelsea side is beyond a manager switch though.

Poch might not be it but there are some 22/23 players on the roster that are not it either

Palmer being the only one good enough

Comment

• Do you know who has been good shockingly?
        Cucurella.

Maybe it is impossible to just hate all the players but he has great energy and just never goes under. He's made some great defensive interventions recently and he had Mudryk 'helping him.

I don't want to be harsh but I think Mudryk might be reta.rded.

I think Caicedo is gonna be a top player.

But nobody is under the current manager. I don't care how many excuses he makes. He's demonstrably an idiot.
        Last edited by Sparked_26; 04-29-2024, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
          Yeah defo a bit of luck on the way. I actually switched off the game when city scored late on. I wasn't used to VAR yet lol think it was the first season it was used

that year and we was crap in the league and domestic cups. The demise starting happening prior to that final run really.

I always blamed Levy for not churning to squad when it badly needed it but poch defo started losing the plot towards the end.

Like there were rumors he was getting paranoid and reclusive. wanted cameras in all the rooms to spy on the players from his office lol dunno if true but he's an odd guy so it fits.
          He defo had a very strong Spurs team and one stage but it wasn't that team.

Spurs actually got jobbed in the final from what I remember.

I would rather play any great team throughout history in a final than any bang average Liverpool team. You will get jobbed. Every. Single. Time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            Do you know who has been good shockingly?
            Cucurella.

Maybe it is impossible to just hate all the players but he has great energy and just never goes under. He's made some great defensive interventions recently and he had Mudryk 'helping him.

I don't want to be harsh but I think Mudryk might be reta.rded.

I think Caicedo is gonna be a top player.

But nobody is under the current manager. I don't care how many excuses he makes. He's demonstrably an idiot.
            What are the chances of that run of idiots though?

Lampard --> an idiot with a high iq test score
            Tuchel --> emotional idiot
            Potter --> soft spoken idiot
            Poch --> 4th idiot in a row

Literally 4 managers that really didn't know other than Tuchel who suddenly developed the football manager equivalent of the yips.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

What are the chances of that run of idiots though?

Lampard --> an idiot with a high iq test score
              Tuchel --> emotional idiot
              Potter --> soft spoken idiot
              Poch --> 4th idiot in a row

Literally 4 managers that really didn't know other than Tuchel who suddenly developed the football manager equivalent of the yips.
              Two of those managers did well! And some of it was the natural churn that chews up all managers.

Potter wasn't great we will have to see what happens next with him but the chaos at Chelsea got him.

Poch. I don't know what he does. He cant explain what he does either.

Because he's an idiot.

Comment

• Tuchel did well. Then lost the plot. Has to get a dunce cap for literally kicking out a number 9 and buying a winger, by name, to replace him at CF. That's an idiot too.

Lampard.... he failed forward. Let's be honest. He's the worst manager Chelsea has had since 2004. Regardless of position finish. He really, truly, had no clue how to coach. Even threw everything out and unhealthily fixated on Mount to the point that Mount's career is probably dead as a top footballer because of the pandering.

Potter is a nice guy but didn't know how to coach at the Champions League level; 3 matches a week level. It was clear as day even though he organized the team in basic football shapes. Which is better than Lampard tbh because Lampard couldn't even coach basic shapes and patterns of play.

Pochettino.... I mean, it's clear he's struggling and to maintain honesty, the man looked panicky from the very first game. He coached like his head was on the chopping block from day 1. Which usually takes top managers like Jose, Conte, and Sarri at least 9 months to a year to start doing.
                Last edited by F l i c k e r; 05-01-2024, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Tuchel did well. Then lost the plot. Has to get a dunce cap for literally kicking out a number 9 and buying a winger, by name, to replace him at CF. That's an idiot too.

Lampard.... he failed forward. Let's be honest. He's the worst manager Chelsea has had since 2004. Regardless of position finish. He really, truly, had no clue how to coach. Even threw everything out and unhealthily fixated on Mount to the point that Mount's career is probably dead as a top footballer because of the pandering.

Potter is a nice guy but didn't know how to coach at the Champions League level; 3 matches a week level. It was clear as day even though he organized the team in basic football shapes. Which is better than Lampard tbh because Lampard couldn't even coach basic shapes and patterns of play.

Pochettino.... I mean, it's clear he's struggling and to maintain honesty, the man looked panicky from the very first game. He coached like his head was on the chopping block from day 1. Which usually takes top managers like Jose, Conte, and Sarri at least 9 months to a year to start doing.
                  How many managers (4 in 2 seasons) do you have to go through before it dawns on you that maybe the managers aren't the problem. Potter's record was a tad better than Tuchel's last year, and Lamps took over a team that knew he was only keeping the seat warm and didn't have to listen to him. Poch's record is better than Potter's and the team is doing something that none of the managers last year could get them to do: Score goals. They just have crap for defensive players and can't stop anybody. Some people just let their emotions override analysis. And I swear, some "fans" would rather lose 0-1 than win 5-4.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Defecator View Post

How many managers (4 in 2 seasons) do you have to go through before it dawns on you that maybe the managers aren't the problem. Potter's record was a tad better than Tuchel's last year, and Lamps took over a team that knew he was only keeping the seat warm and didn't have to listen to him. Poch's record is better than Potter's and the team is doing something that none of the managers last year could get them to do: Score goals. They just have crap for defensive players and can't stop anybody. Some people just let their emotions override analysis. And I swear, some "fans" would rather lose 0-1 than win 5-4.
                    With a midtable team - which Chelsea are. The quickest fix will always be a new coach.

I don't know if it would get better without Poch but I don't anticipate it getting better with Poch. Nor can I see a few players fixing it.

Not even some players coming back from injury as most of them are damaged now.

At that point it is probably prudent to twist.

The key thing which I accept is Poch hasn't brought any of his own players in, he's extremely weak tactically and he's suffered upwards of 10 injuries at most points throughout the season so hardly a recipe for success.

The model despite what they say doesnt lend itself to a long term manager - hence the 2 year deal for poch.

At this point, Chelsea need a new manager bump and then to harness it to create a standard. That young players then maintain.

Chelsea right now are treading water. It can't happen. Literally, they cant afford it to.

If I didn't support Chelsea I'd want Chelsea to keep Poch.

It's like Solskjaer at United. Who was better than Poch has been but you knew he'd never make them a real threat.
                    Last edited by Sparked_26; 05-02-2024, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• The key thing is that you cant have an inkling that he isn't good enough then sack him mid-season and burn another season.

If Chelsea end up 10th next January and then sack Poch 6 months early what an absolute excercise in futility that would be.

It is high stake for Chelsea now.

I'm pretty certain he gets sacked.

Comment

Working...
                      X