Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chelsea extended his contract by 2 years last season.

Incredible.

I've worked out based on what has been reported Chelsea pay Chilly and James over £30 million a year.

For what? It's not their fault that they are crocks but someone had to be the adult in the room and face the realisation that those two are finished at this level.
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 03-14-2024, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• I agree that Ben is finished at this level. He could maybe carve out a decent 6+ years playing 1 game a week for his old team Leicester or at Crystal Palace like Nathaniel Clyne did but he's done.

Reece could possibly survive if he got converted into a 3rd center back.

If Reece got converted to that Azpilicueta role. He'd possibly be a world class niche player for another 6+ years but playing purely from the 3 in that 3-x-y formation.

Comment

• Guys, what do you think about Mudryk? Keep or sell?

Comment

• Originally posted by Olexandr-Usyk-Champion View Post
          Guys, what do you think about Mudryk? Keep or sell?
          Keep...I think.

He's very raw and I question his football intelligence massively and his first touch but he will do a bit of skill or an explosion of pace that shows massive promise. He can even pick a pass. Often he just can't put himself in an area of the pitch where he can use any of his ability other than broken play which rarely happens in the prem.

I can see him just striking hot in a match and destroying someone and then the hope is that he gains confidence and kicks on.

He's just such a novice. He's featured more for Chelsea now than he did at Shakhtar.

At 23 that is a mad career. He's not THAT young.

It is hard playing for Chelsea. We are s.hit and the vast majority of people will want them and their players to fail.

If he was just another player in a squad of great players he may have kicked on with less pressure.

To stay at Chelsea he needs to work harder defensively. We aren't very good so a way to win favour is to do your job going the other way.

I think he's probably a striker. A 9.5 playing off a main striker. Easier for him there. He can roam the pitch and he wont have to think so hard.

He struggles off the ball where we play him currently. He needs to be much closer to the goal.

Frank Lampard said he 'doesn't know the game'. He's got elite characteristics - searing pace, a decent shot, he can see a pass but at the level of the Premier league he has struggled to feel the game. At times he doesn't know what he's doing.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 03-25-2024, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Chelsea hit 40 points.

Just 1 man's dream and a billion pounds.

No more Chelsea for me this season.

Palmer is so much better than Chelsea at this point that it is humiliating really.

If I'm him I'm thinking...fu.ck it? Do Real Madrid need a 10? He moved to London by himself as a novice pro and I know of a lot of issues off the pitch that will have put a strain on him that will probably come out.

He's just a mentality monster as Klopp would say.

If I'm Real Madrid I get him now. And if I'm Palmer as a Manchester boy with no ties to this abject team - I'm off.

Imagine being Palmer and looking at Sterling and what he earns. I'm sure he respects Sterling as a man but as a footballer he must think that that bloke should really be giving me most of his wages.

Bless Sterling for never hiding but my God.

I'm never stretching and I'm tearing a hamstring. He needs to leave for everyone's sanity.
            Last edited by Sparked_26; 03-30-2024, 06:15 PM.
            Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              Chelsea hit 40 points.

I'll tune in once we have another manager not that I expect it to change too much but Poch could take these lot down next season.

lots of running low scoring it’s like chess

The game is too complex for usa my American mind

I see lots of in great shape dudes running around an I don’t see much violence
              Last edited by Zaroku; 03-30-2024, 06:14 PM. Reason: D

Comment

Chelsea hit 40 points.

Palmer is so much better than Chelsea at this point that it is humiliating really.

If I'm him I'm thinking...fu.ck it? Do Real Madrid need a 10? He moved to London by himself as a novice pro and I know of a lot of issues off the pitch that will have put a strain on him that will probably come out.

He's just a mentality monster as Klopp would say.

If I'm Real Madrid I get him now. And if I'm Palmer as a Manchester boy with no ties to this abject team - I'm off.

Imagine being Palmer and looking at Sterling and what he earns. I'm sure he respects Sterling as a man but as a footballer he must think that that bloke should really be giving me most of his wages.

Bless Sterling for never hiding but my God.

I'm never stretching and I'm tearing a hamstring. He needs to leave for everyone's sanity.
                Sterling earned that though tbf. Now he's back in London and living life. Can't fault him for it.

Palmer can want more but doesn't mean he should get it.

Being a good player on a bad team doesn't always equate that. Look at Mount or even Zaha for example.

I'd let Palmer walk if he really thought he was too big for the club this early in his career. That's a bad egg if that were the case. Just like Mount who got his ego so inflated that it caused him to stagnate and even regress to the point that he's now pointless and Havertz is damn near winning the Prem

Comment

• I've always said the one guarantee Havertz offered was a very strong defensive header.

I'm just a fan who never played footy above Sunday league but it is wild to me that details like that never get sorted.

I've said it before but I'm pretty sure I could set up Chelsea better than Poch in many cases. How we set up at corners is an abortion.

Mudryk marking VVD and now Sterling marking the big centre back from Burnley. The 6'2 Palmer on the edge of the box but all players back and none on the post.

I've not really seen anyone worse tactically than Poch. I don't think the Chelsea team are any good really but maybe they should be coasting in 7th.

But Poch I feel would comfortably relegate 2/3rd of the pl.

What would he do with Bournemouth say? They'd have about 10 points max. He is a tactical pygmy.

I dunno what the plan is? Teams should man mark Palmer. Nobody else is gonna do a thing.

They are weak bunch of players but coached by someone who is coaching them as if they are PSG playing FC Baguette
                  Last edited by Sparked_26; 04-01-2024, 02:39 PM.
                  Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

I've always said the one guarantee Havertz offered was a very strong defensive header.

I'm just a fan who never played footy above Sunday league but it is wild to me that details like that never get sorted.

I've said it before but I'm pretty sure I could set up Chelsea better than Poch in many cases. How we set up at corners is an abortion.

Mudryk marking VVD and now Sterling marking the big centre back from Burnley. The 6'2 Palmer on the edge of the box but all players back and none on the post.

I've not really seen anyone worse tactically than Poch. I don't think the Chelsea team are any good really but maybe they should be coasting in 7th.

What would he do with Bournemouth say? They'd have about 10 points max. He is a tactical pygmy.

I dunno what the plan is? Teams should man mark Palmer. Nobody else is gonna do a thing.

They are weak bunch of players but coached by someone who is coaching them as if they are PSG playing FC Baguette

when I was working with Australian and new zeal land people I saw Really vicious Australian football and it was mainly guys beating the crap outta each other.

I want to retire to either Israel, new z land or some country where I can communicate in English Spanish or Hebrew

I spent a lot of time learning Hebrew and it is vague and useless

Comment

I've always said the one guarantee Havertz offered was a very strong defensive header.

Chelsea is on their fourth manager in two years. And, if you look at records and standings, three out of four have practically identical records and the fourth came on as a place holder that the players knew they could ignore. Given that Chelsea is getting the same results no matter who is on the touchline, the logical conclusion should be that something other than the manager is the problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X