This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

lol it’s only not a hot take now because Potter failed on his step up to Chelsea.

Joelinton was good though, I saw it in him, Howe just used him creatively. I’m claiming it
    Fair do's lol It was Steve Bruce that had him first, so not the best start for the poor guy

Forgot about Potter too. He fell off so damn hard after his Chelsea stint has he even got another job?

Comment

• Also, that Olise goal was pure sex. Wonder where he'll end up
      BigZ44 BigZ44 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post

Tbf didn't you say Joelinton was gonna be the next Drogba? lol. Hes only better now hes been pushed half way down the park

Also Eddie being the best English manager isn't a hot take, who else is there? Southgate? Edwards? Stone Cold Sean Dyche? lol

He has been tipped for the England job since his Bournemouth days.
        I dunno it is gonna sound like sour grapes although its not like I think Chelsea are good anyway.

But Newcastle play like a bummy, shi.thousey, c.unty kind of a team.

Chelsea are weak and rarely win anyway so I suppose it was always gonna work but it was all long balls and a lot of bully boy kind of stuff.

They're not really a team to respect imo. Good teams should outclass them easily.

You know a team is poxy when they take 2 mins over every free kick.

Newcastle will eventually outgrow Howe imo. The football isn't good enough. It isn't an underdog story they can't play like that forever.

Newcastle for whatever reason get a sympathetic press.

They're s.hit to watch imo.

Remind me of an old school Leicester side or even a Stoke or even a Wimbledon.

It is weird that they are branded as a team that plays football. They don't play any football.

They are aggressive and fit and Chelsea are ridiculously weak and feeble.

Newcastle were terrible and absolutely smashed us which is what Poch admitted after the game.

Tough gig for Poch.

I cant see how he survives too long nor is he really worth keeping. It is worth twisting for Chelsea manager wise until a manager gets a tune out of them.

The idea of a project is silly. Chelsea are s.hite. A standard has to be set really and the only way you can really do that is by binning managers because Chelsea have signed 27 players. Can't sack the players.

Poch seemed the pick but he's not done it. On to the next really.

It is a mess but at this point stability manager wise is hardly the answer for this Chelsea team they are just young players learning how to lose.
        Last edited by Sparked_26; 11-26-2023, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

I dunno it is gonna sound like sour grapes although its not like I think Chelsea are good anyway.

But Newcastle play like a bummy, shi.thousey, c.unty kind of a team.

Chelsea are weak and rarely win anyway so I suppose it was always gonna work but it was all long balls and a lot of bully boy kind of stuff.

They're not really a team to respect imo. Good teams should outclass them easily.

You know a team is poxy when they take 2 mins over every free kick.

Newcastle will eventually outgrow Howe imo. The football isn't good enough. It isn't an underdog story they can't play like that forever.

Newcastle for whatever reason get a sympathetic press.

They're s.hit to watch imo.

Remind me of an old school Leicester side or even a Stoke or even a Wimbledon.

It is weird that they are branded as a team that plays football. They don't play any football.

They are aggressive and fit and Chelsea are ridiculously weak and feeble.

Newcastle were terrible and absolutely smashed us which is what Poch admitted after the game.

Tough gig for Poch.

I cant see how he survives too long nor is he really worth keeping. It is worth twisting for Chelsea manager wise until a manager gets a tune out of them.

The idea of a project is silly. Chelsea are s.hite. A standard has to be set really and the only way you can really do that is by binning managers because Chelsea have signed 27 players. Can't sack the players.

Poch seemed the pick but he's not done it. On to the next really.

It is a mess but at this point stability manager wise is hardly the answer for this Chelsea team they are just young players learning how to lose.
          I'm with you on Howe not lasting. It's a team playing on vibes and riding a wave. Until they upgrade that whole team minus maybe Isak and Trips, they won't be bothering the top 3 teams.

I hate that cunt Murphy and his stupid dumb grin.

I dunno about Poch, something seems a bit off with him like he's not really buying in to the club. Is that just me?

He was a bit hit and miss early for us though, then it suddenly clicked after 5 or 6 months and he was flying. I think he needs at least another window to get rid of some deadwood, he's pretty good at recognising bad eggs as well so let him cook and if it's still garbage then on to the next I suppose lol
          Last edited by BodiesInFlight; 11-26-2023, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post

I'm with you on Howe not lasting. It's a team playing on vibes and riding a wave. Until they upgrade that whole team minus maybe Isak and Trips, they won't be bothering the top 3 teams.

I hate that cunt Murphy and his stupid dumb grin.

I dunno about Poch, something seems a bit off with him like he's not really buying in to the club. Is that just me?

He was a bit hit and miss early for us though, then it suddenly clicked after 5 or 6 months and he was flying. I think he needs at least another window to get rid of some deadwood, he's pretty good at recognising bad eggs as well so let him cook and if it's still garbage then on to the next I suppose lol
            To be fair to Poch he made the right sounds at the beginning and at least he has criticised the players after a bad defeat.

Chelsea have accepted mediocrity so quickly. Potter killed the club and the standards that were there before him.

The only way we can get those standards back really is by sacking managers and binning players. Expensive stuff when youve already spunked a billion on bums like Enzo.

Comment

• Potter didn't kill the club. Doing things like buying Sterling to replace Lukaku and buying a random generated player out of Ukraine for 100m signed the death warrant for Chelsea.

You can't go from Kai Havertz and even Mason Mount to....... Palmer.

Even as much talent as Palmer appears to have, I still question is this just a Willian contract year thing? Where he looks great because everyone else is that sh.it.

Doesn't help that the two fullbacks are perpetually injured. Chilwell isn't even injured now, he is just damaged goods. Watching him in person I was like "he's slow". I can out run him but to be fair to him, I'm an internet random that is actually in shape.

Chelsea are a project for the first time in... ever. Probably even pre-Roman. Probably before I was even born.

But the real issue is, the sum of its parts is below par and even with a coach like Poch, there is no signs of a Dembele, Dele, Kane, or Son appearing going into December.

None of them look good enough to play against Lampard's season 1 squad that had Timo as a winger.

Sterling is stil the goods. Sterling is Sterling literally. But the rest? I mean. Kings Road Albion and a random Argentine?

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                Potter didn't kill the club. Doing things like buying Sterling to replace Lukaku and buying a random generated player out of Ukraine for 100m signed the death warrant for Chelsea.

You can't go from Kai Havertz and even Mason Mount to....... Palmer.

Even as much talent as Palmer appears to have, I still question is this just a Willian contract year thing? Where he looks great because everyone else is that sh.it.

Doesn't help that the two fullbacks are perpetually injured. Chilwell isn't even injured now, he is just damaged goods. Watching him in person I was like "he's slow". I can out run him but to be fair to him, I'm an internet random that is actually in shape.

Chelsea are a project for the first time in... ever. Probably even pre-Roman. Probably before I was even born.

But the real issue is, the sum of its parts is below par and even with a coach like Poch, there is no signs of a Dembele, Dele, Kane, or Son appearing going into December.

None of them look good enough to play against Lampard's season 1 squad that had Timo as a winger.

Sterling is stil the goods. Sterling is Sterling literally. But the rest? I mean. Kings Road Albion and a random Argentine?
                The issue is whatever metrics they use to sign these players and model their development.

I read that their data department is convinced from their data that Broja and Madueke are elite talents. Nobody who has ever watched football could possibly see that in them.

They have lost the plot really. Enzo is a great example - midfielders needs to be able to run, pass, tackle, and shoot. That's always been the obvious metric. Enzo does one of those very well. And that isn't taking in intangibles that are vital. Declan Rice is a good player - he's not great but...for Chelsea he would have been a great player. Just like he's a great player for Arsenal right now. His impact at City say would be more muted because they already have an elite mentality.

I dunno it is just a complete lack of understanding of how football works at Chelsea. As if talent always thrives and evolution is guaranteed.

Conventional wisdom says that players witha history of being good have a better chance of staying good.

Put more simply than that a lot of these players aren't that good.

People are excited about Palmer because actually he is someone who is obviously just good at football at this level. His technique is rock solid. You can't say the same for lots of our players.

The Willian comparison isn't a bad one. I used to rinse Willian for terrible numbers but his technique was flawless and he could run and run and he was a model pro.

Someone like Mudryk. You look at the building blocks there. He's a not a great footballer - his first touch is off and he doesnt have a natural feel for the game and is only dangerous in broken play.

The hope there is that he somehow finds a way to become truly effective based on his explosiveness and the talent of his teammates or a Lampardesque level of self improvement
                Last edited by Sparked_26; 12-01-2023, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• The Premier league really needs to replace our officials. Tired of naming them - any game you watch they're all really terrible - to a man.

I know it's a tough gig but between VAR and the narrative around it they are all quivering wrecks now.

The PL is one the richest sporting competitions in the world - I think we need to headhunt refs from the continent.

Pawson today give a penalty in non-existent overtime to a ball hitting someone in the face. He cant have seen it but thought he would decide the game there. It was an odd call it did look like fixing.

It looks corrupt.

The thing is he looks like a bent official now. He can't come out and explain himself but it looked like he was trying to fix a draw. Genuinely.

Anthony Taylor between Chelsea and Wolves looks like another one who seems a bit fix-ey.

Then there is the ref in the Spurs game. He was bad in the Chelsea against Newcastle himself (thankfully Chelsea were that bad he didnt make the key difference). But not allowing an advantage to City??

Refs have always made mistakes but some of these mistakes don't look like mistakes. They're agenda driven. The integrity of the game is it threat.

To allow Anthony Taylor to ref Chelsea games at this point shows a lack of care. Not to Chelsea but literally to him as a man.

time to sack them all imo.
                  Last edited by Sparked_26; 12-03-2023, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    The Premier league really needs to replace our officials. Tired of naming them - any game you watch they're all really terrible - to a man.

I know it's a tough gig but between VAR and the narrative around it they are all quivering wrecks now.

The PL is one the richest sporting competitions in the world - I think we need to headhunt refs from the continent.

Pawson today give a penalty in non-existent overtime to a ball hitting someone in the face. He cant have seen it but thought he would decide the game there. It was an odd call it did look like fixing.

It looks corrupt.

The thing is he looks like a bent official now. He can't come out and explain himself but it looked like he was trying to fix a draw. Genuinely.

Anthony Taylor between Chelsea and Wolves looks like another one who seems a bit fix-ey.

Then there is the ref in the Spurs game. He was bad in the Chelsea against Newcastle himself (thankfully Chelsea were that bad he didnt make the key difference). But not allowing an advantage to City??

Refs have always made mistakes but some of these mistakes don't look like mistakes. They're agenda driven. The integrity of the game is it threat.

To allow Anthony Taylor to ref Chelsea games at this point shows a lack of care. Not to Chelsea but literally to him as a man.

time to sack them all imo.
                    Fans of other leagues are saying the exact same things about THEIR officials. It seems like there is a gross lack of professionalism amongst football officials world-wide.

Comment

• Even in the NFL there were horrendous no calls in the 49ers vs Eagles game.

It’s like there is an epidemic of incompetence across all sports. Or corruption.

Comment

Working...
                      X