This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not impressed with Spain, even if they end up managing to score a winner

look just like they did in World Cup 2018. Able to knock the ball around nicely again lesser teams but no real end product with it. Just side to side.

wouldn’t fear them at all. They are a far cry from the previous generation of players.
    BigZ44 BigZ44 likes this.

Comment

• Spain were poor but also Sweden.

They are an established footy nation but apart from Isak their lack of talent is absolutely unreal.

Lustig and Larsson whilst remarkable pros were pretty ordinary even when they were young. But in well over a decade Sweden have not produced any players capable of putting them out of the team?

This is the thing with England. I dont think they will win the tournament but they are clearly a team on the rise. They could win the next word cup, they could win the next Euros, they could win the next world cup after that.

The academy systems in England have been heavily bank rolled and have caught up and are starting to surpass their European equivalents.

In real terms teams like Sweden have been at a similar level to England for the last 20 years. They're nowhere near England now nor will they ever be again seemingly.

What England need to do is try and usurp Germany.

I think England would beat Spain if they could get by Germany
      Last edited by Sparked_26; 06-14-2021, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
        They should have tempted big dunc out of retirement to get on the end of some of the Robertson crosses.
        him strangling Steffan Freund is one of my favourite footy pics. remember when two guys actually tried to rob big duncs house?

Comment

• Anyone watch that vid of big Dunc trying to motivate a kid to stay in school? It was just full of swearing, lol.

I dunno what I heard it on but apparently when Dunc first joined Everton he was injured but travelled with the team to Soton. He sat in the bar and got smashed. Eventually an Everton official came in to get him because the coach was waiting outside. Game finished ages ago. He just passed his pint glass to the bar maid and said put another pint in there. They've just paid £3.5 million for me so they can wait for me to have a pint.

Imagine him walking onto the coach as well. Even the manager not making eye contact, lol.

Without doubt the hardest player in my life time.

He made such a mess of Franck Leboef back then. Franck as a kid was probably my favourite player (classy defender would barely get mud on him) until he came up against Big Dunc and I just realised that by comparison he was a manlet. Big Dunc did everything but give Franck a wedgie.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 06-14-2021, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Has there ever been a harder strike partnership than big dunc and shearer at Newcastle? I can't think of any that would even come close. Fxck being a centre back facing those two lol
            Last edited by BodiesInFlight; 06-14-2021, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              Poland aint sh_t!
              Szef , c'mon, man. Am I a genius or what?

Comment

• Hyped for France vs Germany this evening

Portugal vs Germany is a decent appetizer too

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  Loved that goal!

Apart from that those two must be the two weakest sides in the tournament. England will get 9 points in the group but then get Germany.

I suppose that cant help either playing 2 pretty weak sides and then playing a big hitter. It is like being a Frank Warren fighter in the 90's knocking over fishermen and dinner ladies and then ending up in Vegas and getting sent to the moon by a real world champ
                  Macedonia is definitely the worst squad in the tourney

Comment

• We'll see if they live up to it, but France is the only roster I'd take over Portugal, even without Cancelo, loaded at every level and great depth throughout the squad

Comment

• I always find portugal to be flaky. They always have good players but rarely show their true potential.
                      Last edited by BodiesInFlight; 06-15-2021, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X