Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think part of it is there was a lot of Liverpool fans creaming themselves when he had a decent game vs a 10 man chelsea on his debut.

He is gonna have to adapt his game. The PL is different.

F.ucking Soucek and Declan Rice are probably the best midfielders in the league for me. You would think someone like Thiago could find a way to pass around those too but you could just as well expect them two to run him over like he's made of paper.

On the other side of it. Lots of players haven't done anything. It is probably the worst time to move clubs.

Werner never scores and he got jobbed against Liverpool but he is somewhat effective now, Timo Walcott.

But the others....woof.

Even Silva. He's played well but it doesnt matter. He hasn't made us any better and he's old as hell.

Chilwell is the next best.

Ziyech is dreadful physically that I cant see how that can change.

Havertz I will stick up for. Having dealt with covid professionally and then even thinking about his social situation and being young and alone. I think you put this one in the books. He's not gonna do anything. He needs to work physicality not even football. Weights and gym for him. I think he's probably a striker.

Comment

• Chelsea's strength and conditioning department has absolutely zero precedent for the "strength" part of their department's name.

I've come to this conclusion by the fact that Andreas, Tomori, and Rudiger weight less than f.ucking Callum Hudson-f.ucking-Odoi..... like how? He's mmmmmmmum 6 ft and a winger! Andreas is 6'2", Rudiger 6'3", and Tomori roughly 6 ft, all center backs. All with less mass than CHO.

Kai will never improve his physique at Chelsea. Simply as Chelsea won't even make the defenders do it. The position that really needs presence. He won't get that Salah, Mane physique here.

As for Liverpool and Thiago though. I don't think the styles match up. Simple as that. Thiago is possession, Liverpool aren't. Liverpool play fast and incisive. Thiago retains possession.

Even in an injury free Liverpool. Their midfield is what? Thiago - Fabinho - Henderson? That seems so... pointless, doesn't it? There's no playmaker, no goal scorer. Just a pointless midfield.

It's like imagining a Chelsea midfield of: Kovacic - Jorginho - Mikel.

Comment

• Roy Keane reaction to Rangers winning the league .
        https://twitter.com/footballdaily/st...62766953541634

Comment

• Gerrard starting a new argument.

and Liverpoo.....

Comment

• What a day of footy so far. 6 straight home L's for Liverpool (and to Fulham no less ) United wins at the Etihad and now Palace gonna spring the trap on Spurs!!

Comment

• Are Man U good? They're an odd side.

I honestly don't think any other team in the pl lives with City right now but they rock up despite never scoring against anyone good and get a great win and seem nailed on to finish 2nd.

Maybe a bogey side for City. I never watch United and think they're particularly good but they must be. They're 2nd on merit but then by the same token dumped out of the CL early doors.

Just a weird season. City are definitely good. Everyone else. Not really.

So with that. Chelsea are gonna win the CL. Nobody is gonna show us any respect allowing us to s.hithouse our way all the way through to collecting the cup with the big ears.

Comment

• Man U are definitely a good side. Need a better coach though. Can definitively say that with Conte, Carlo, or Pochettino. They'd be reopening the trophy cabinet.

Chelsea get by Atletico and it's 2012 all over again.

Comment

• Not gonna lie, seeing Bale rise from the ashes of his own star crashing into earth like a phoenix, rivalries aside, is something special.

I missed Chelsea though. I saw some highlights, Havertz playing at striker. Funny that all Tuchel did was put a midfielder at striker and suddenly the attack looks competent.

Comment

• Roy Keane up to second favourite for the Celtic job .John kennedy the fav but think thatls just because the bookies pay out after 10 games .Roy Keane Steven Gerrard rivalry .

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...manent-manager

Comment

• That Havertz performance was the best performance by a Chelsea attacker this season. Mount gives you solid 7s and 8s every game but that sort of swaggering confidence came from absolutely nowhere for me.

Was looking at Everton players like a kid in year 10 playing against kids two years below.

Chelsea buy turkeys occasionally but that sort of ability is obviously there in that it must have been a no brainer.

I dont expect anything from him this season but I'm just relieved he showed that level of talent which in the fullness of time will be visible more often. Probably as a striker.

Hope he's not disheartened by his lack of goals in that game. He deserved about 3. And you just have to accept if you play for Chelsea you will periodically get a goal chalked off for absolute f.ucking nothing. It was t shirt line. Ruled out Werner for T shirt line in the game before and then decided it was a handball a game later.

Suspect for me. I doubt that happens to any other top team in this country. Possibly to Brighton or someone like that.

Chelsea got absolutely jobbed twice in a week and still won. Refs would have effectively beaten us twice in a week under Frank. Chelsea overcame a lot there.

On Roy Keane. He would be banter at Celtic. He would also fail because he just doesnt like it when players arent as good as he was.

I'd like Frank to go there. If only to bury that blues brothers s.hit we have with Rangers. Makes me uncomfortable. As someone from an Irish catholic family that stuff has no place. Our best ever player there would have an impact. Just come across a few dodgy Rangers characters in my time and was just a bit weird both times tbh. Chelsea for my family is based on where family lived when they moved over from Ireland. It is our club because of that. Footy needs no futher tribalism attached at all.
                      Last edited by Sparked_26; 03-10-2021, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X