X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twitter.com/shaneduffy/statu...81968176762882

Shane Duffy scores for his country ahead of his Dream move to Celtic FC

Scotland Israel tonight should be good 2 Celtic players in the Israel team El Hamed and Bitton plus a few in the Scotland squad .

Comment

• On what planet does Scotland vs Israel sound good lol

Probably be a 5-4 thriller now I said that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
        On what planet does Scotland vs Israel sound good lol

Probably be a 5-4 thriller now I said that.
        It's like the groups of a world cup.

You'll be all amped because it's a word cup and you'll tune in to Iran vs Moracco and by the end you start to think you probably arent a real football fan. Not really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          It's like the groups of a world cup.

You'll be all amped because it's a word cup and you'll tune in to Iran vs Moracco and by the end you start to think you probably arent a real football fan. Not really.
          Not seen a good Scotland game for many a year. I can't even think of one

When they played brazil in the 98 world cup that was alright.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            Not seen a good Scotland game for many a year. I can't even think of one

When they played brazil in the 98 world cup that was alright.
            That 2-2 draw with England in WC Qualifying a couple years ago was ****ing epic

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
              That 2-2 draw with England in WC Qualifying a couple years ago was ****ing epic
              I totally forgot about that one tbh lol

Comment

• It's a done deal boys. Chelsea will dominate the Premier League for the next decade.

Also, I like Mason Mount a lot but I don't see him as "skill "player. To me, I still see him like Dele Ali. A terrier who harasses the opposition and runs for days and has an innate ability to lose his marker and find the dangerous areas without anyone noticing. The only difference is, Dele is a much more polished finisher than Mount but Mount has potential to become a clinical finisher himself. Also has an excellent free kick on him.

But just like Dele, Mount doesn't beat his man 1v1 consistently; he isn't a great dribbler; doesn't have the awareness of a true center midfielder; doesn't have a great sense for passing/ providing the key pass but does have a snappy first time cross on him.

I think Mount will still have a starting place as long as we play a 4-3-3. However, once we play 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-2-1, Lampard will do us a big disservice if he drops any of Kai, Kovacic, Kante, Pulisic, or Ziyech for Mount in those latter two formations.

Truthfully, Chelsea have spent so much on elite talent that Lampard can't fluff it. He has no wiggle room to toss his hands up and say "but I'm inexperienced." Really not an excuse when he's been trusted more than any manager not named Jose Mourinho in 2004.

---------- Trashcan
                James - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell
                Havertz - Kovacic - Mount
                Ziyech - Werner - Pulisic

The starting lineup I think best fits how Lampard wants to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

It's a done deal boys. Chelsea will dominate the Premier League for the next decade.

Also, I like Mason Mount a lot but I don't see him as "skill "player. To me, I still see him like Dele Ali. A terrier who harasses the opposition and runs for days and has an innate ability to lose his marker and find the dangerous areas without anyone noticing. The only difference is, Dele is a much more polished finisher than Mount but Mount has potential to become a clinical finisher himself. Also has an excellent free kick on him.

But just like Dele, Mount doesn't beat his man 1v1 consistently; he isn't a great dribbler; doesn't have the awareness of a true center midfielder; doesn't have a great sense for passing/ providing the key pass but does have a snappy first time cross on him.

I think Mount will still have a starting place as long as we play a 4-3-3. However, once we play 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-2-1, Lampard will do us a big disservice if he drops any of Kai, Kovacic, Kante, Pulisic, or Ziyech for Mount in those latter two formations.

Truthfully, Chelsea have spent so much on elite talent that Lampard can't fluff it. He has no wiggle room to toss his hands up and say "but I'm inexperienced." Really not an excuse when he's been trusted more than any manager not named Jose Mourinho in 2004.

---------- Trashcan
                  James - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell
                  Havertz - Kovacic - Mount
                  Ziyech - Werner - Pulisic

The starting lineup I think best fits how Lampard wants to play.
                  I still rate a fit Kante over Kovacic. Kante has just been plagued with injuries for the past year.

The goalkeeper and CB's are still suspect. It'd be interesting to see how Silva holds up in the PL, can't wait to see that Chelsea team play.

Comment

• We definitely need a keeper.

No offence to him but Kepa is f.ucking s.hit.

A further issue is still leadership. Azpi is our captain but tbh the moment he didnt physically remove Kepa in that league cup final a few seasons ago he had to be removed.

In terms of leadership in terms you really looking at Silva, Azpi and probably Mason Mount. The hope is that one of the new boys also has that extra bit about them. Maybe Ziyech? Or Havertz?

It is why this Chelsea team with this squad dynamic need Declan Rice probably.

Unless Kante turns up and is world class again - he hasn't been for a long time now - he doesnt really fit. He's a quiet guy who does a job at the moment when he does plays. We need someone to sit between the centre backs at times and organise people. Or we will continue to concede s.hit goals from set pieces and silly counters with Kante pressing a left back or some thing or Kova driving with the ball put getting caught occasionally.

Kova is also quiet.

Quiet teams dont win anything. Like the Arsenal sides that played lovely football but would get kicked up in the air and quit against Bolton.

Football is not always about having the 11 best players on the pitch at all times. A lot of it is about intangibles. Chelsea need leaders to emerge or we wont really win anything. Even now.

Someone like Rice is very important to Chelsea. Unless Ampadu goes up about levels and levels in one season but he just hasn't had any football for 2 years.

So it will be exciting but there is no real leaders there at the moment to say we would win a title now.

I'd take getting with 15 points of the top

Comment

• Chelsea are a bit like those Arsenal teams now though. Remember the recent Spurs derbies? Or Aguero going two feet on Luiz? I can't imagine even Bosingwa getting hacked like that. He full on spartan kicked Benayoun off the ball in the corner. The old Chelsea teams wouldn't have it.

Chelsea are a bit soft in the belly now.

I'd honestly hate to see the captain's armband given to Silva. That's pure Arsenal. Who've they given the armband to? Xhaka to Ozil to Aubameyang? They hand it to anyone who walks through the doors.

Also, I think Kovacic fits more because he can pick up the ball, move it around. Kante isn't that. If we sat off and countered, Kante is a no brainer. But wanting to play out of the back and play high up the pitch, Kante is really lacking offensively, despite a couple solo goals at Chelsea.

Though Hazard and Morata offset a lot of the spending. It's still a ton of spending. So, Chelsea really have no excuse to not challenge Liverpool and City, while winning a domestic cup....

Comment

Working...
                      X