This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
    Eddie Howe is better than what we currently have but for his style to work, he would need to clear the majority of the squad out. We literally can't play off the ground to save our lives. The lads do not know what possession is. He will need to do a clear out job but to do that he will need time and money from Ashley. I don't think Ashley will invest what money he makes back into the club.

Steve Bruce is basically just using Rafa's tactics at this point. Instead of using Perez/Rondon, he's using ASM.

Most likely how it will go with Ashley. Newcastle is probably just a net worth thing for him at this point. He really doesn't show interest in the club anymore.

Eddie parted ways with Bournemouth by mutual consent however. So I can only figure he's angling for another Premier League club. He deserves it in my opinion.

He's beaten Chelsea, beaten United, held Spurs, had City in moments, beaten Everton and all from tactics, not ****housery like Dyche and Wilder.

I could see him elevate Newcastle or Palace. Specially with those fan bases behind him. They'd probably win games just on motivation from the crowd combined with his tactical ability.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Pulisic having a shot on a probably torn hamstring is also the highlight of the season for Chelsea.

Hopefully he recovers well.

He will be one of the best players in the world.

If he didnt get injured he was probably gonna win that game by himself.

Chelsea were crap but there is not one thing that went their way apart from maybe it is surprise that Taylor didnt take out a red for Azpi which then likely would have been overturned.

Pulisic is so tiny, but so incredibly fast. He has to be one of the fastest players in the world. Because when he's running in top gear, it looks like everyone else is in slow motion and he has the ball at his feet(!)

I really don't feel like we were crap in that game though. Things got turned upside down once Arteta keyed in on Luiz's out ball... After the water break, that's all Arsenal played was 30-40 yard passes right at the back line.

Frank never picked up on it either, it seemed like. That's not a good sign either. But 100% we got had by the ref. If that GK goes off with a red for handling outside the box. Come on. That game is anyone's.

Or even if Pedro gets that foul call before separating his shoulder. Or even Bellerin trying to rugby tackle Alonso. smh

Comment

• I dont think that ball was Frank's problem it was a combo of Reece James going forward and Azpi having no pace, plus no leadership from Zouma or Rudiger to spot danger and maybe ask Azpi to drop in. Or Zouma to say I'm quicker mate let's swap for a minute.

It's difficult for Frank. Mason Mount is young and prone to the odd quiet game but probably him , Jorgi, Azpi, are the only voices in that team. Pulisic will get that way too.

Pretty sure Ziyech will basically be a boss from day 1 from what I know about I've read about him and what he has said about Lampards conversations.

But its defenders you need to lead too. Rudiger used to but he really has been rubbish for a while and we desperately need him gone as much as Kepa.

I dont want it to seem like I'll never criticise Frank but this Chelsea team isn't very good and aside from Pulisic and Kovacic our better players are essentially novice pros with basically championship experience.

I don't doubt that this will be the weakest Chelsea team we are likely to have maybe ever.

They could have finished anywhere from 4th to 10th and I wouldnt have been too critical.

The only reason I'm critical of players like, well, all our defenders really is because all Chelsea fans know the required standard and none of them are near it.

It is a shame because James is a monster but he wont get better playing with those defenders.
        Last edited by Sparked_26; 08-02-2020, 01:09 PM.

Comment

I dont think that ball was Frank's problem it was a combo of Reece James going forward and Azpi having no pace, plus no leadership from Zouma or Rudiger to spot danger and maybe ask Azpi to drop in. Or Zouma to say I'm quicker mate let's swap for a minute.

It's difficult for Frank. Mason Mount is young and prone to the odd quiet game but probably him , Jorgi, Azpi, are the only voices in that team. Pulisic will get that way too.

Pretty sure Ziyech will basically be a boss from day 1 from what I know about I've read about him and what he has said about Lampards conversations.

But its defenders you need to lead too. Rudiger used to but he really has been rubbish for a while and we desperately need him gone as much as Kepa.

I dont want it to seem like I'll never criticise Frank but this Chelsea team isn't very good and aside from Pulisic and Kovacic our better players are essentially novice pros with basically championship experience.

I don't doubt that this will be the weakest Chelsea team we are likely to have maybe ever.

They could have finished anywhere from 4th to 10th and I wouldnt have been too critical.

The only reason I'm critical of players like, well, all our defenders really is because all Chelsea fans know the required standard and none of them are near it.

It is a shame because James is a monster but he wont get better playing with those defenders.
          You still in love with the academy players?

Comment

I dont think that ball was Frank's problem it was a combo of Reece James going forward and Azpi having no pace, plus no leadership from Zouma or Rudiger to spot danger and maybe ask Azpi to drop in. Or Zouma to say I'm quicker mate let's swap for a minute.

Nah, I feel Frank should have changed something that was being exploited heavily by Arsenal. Even if all he did was tell Reece to stay back. Arteta made adjustments, Frank could've done the same.

This season is a write off for Lampard and he did pretty well for his second season as a manager and in the Premier League at that.

But next season, he's really going to have to earn his keep.

He can't make excuses for not having defensive structure or not having reason behind his formations etc. Even Villas-Boas got sacked with 2 seasons managing experience and a quadruple.

My point being, he can't just be Alan Pardew in the comfort of Chelsea. He's going to have to show improvement as much as any player.

I've given up hope on our defenders outside of Tomori and Reece though. Those two are inexperienced so they get a pass.

Zouma, Rudiger, Andreas, they have no excuse. Both LBs are a lost cause as well. I'd be willing to keep Andreas if he adds 10lbs of lean mass to his body. He needs to be 190lbs come November or he should be sold too. He's much too fragile and carries no presence back there.

The others just aren't it. Emerson, Alonso, Zouma, Rudiger. Just aren't it. But I have no doubt Zouma can be world class if he had great coaching. He can be coached to be great. It won't happen at Chelsea though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              You still in love with the academy players?
              Yeah 100%

Season would have been horrible without them and Frank putting them in. They have been brilliant.

CHO is the only one I dont have any affection for because he showed no loyalty and he hasn't shown much.

They have shown really that Chelsea never need to buy squad players again. They can make up our squad with the top ones becoming first teamers. Like good Man U teams and Barcelona used to do.

Chelsea can just go flat out for the best player available.

Season would have been depressing with no Abraham, Mount, James, Tomori, Gilmour. In terms of a proper first teamer Terry was the last one and RLC only just broke through last season.

But they will have bad games.

The issue is with some of the senior pros who aren't very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                Nah, I feel Frank should have changed something that was being exploited heavily by Arsenal. Even if all he did was tell Reece to stay back. Arteta made adjustments, Frank could've done the same.

This season is a write off for Lampard and he did pretty well for his second season as a manager and in the Premier League at that.

But next season, he's really going to have to earn his keep.

He can't make excuses for not having defensive structure or not having reason behind his formations etc. Even Villas-Boas got sacked with 2 seasons managing experience and a quadruple.

My point being, he can't just be Alan Pardew in the comfort of Chelsea. He's going to have to show improvement as much as any player.

I've given up hope on our defenders outside of Tomori and Reece though. Those two are inexperienced so they get a pass.

Zouma, Rudiger, Andreas, they have no excuse. Both LBs are a lost cause as well. I'd be willing to keep Andreas if he adds 10lbs of lean mass to his body. He needs to be 190lbs come November or he should be sold too. He's much too fragile and carries no presence back there.

The others just aren't it. Emerson, Alonso, Zouma, Rudiger. Just aren't it. But I have no doubt Zouma can be world class if he had great coaching. He can be coached to be great. It won't happen at Chelsea though.
                Tbf Zouma is what, 26? This is him.

Christensen has something. In many ways he is my favourite but he is just too weak and far too quiet. In Spain he would be wonderful because they all just work their way into the box.

Zouma is not the most dynamic. I'd prefer him 15 metres further back because I like him when it is all in front of him. The problem is all good teams push high up to win possession high up the field that is how most goals are scored and control of a game is won. I worry about Zouma seeing the runs and I also don't think he talks. So he will never be a world class centre back because you move as a unit. He needs someone to talk for him.

The loudest defence is usually the best defence. Cech, Terry, Ricky/Cahill/Luiz, Cole, Ferriera. Loud.

There are lots of issues but the individual quality of the defenders is shocking really. Nobody would be falling over themselves to get any of our defenders or keeper.

Rudiger for me is possibly post injury the worst centre half in the prem and Kepa by any metric is the worst keeper. Then you Jorgi who is a nice footballer but weak and metronome but a slow one at odds with the league. Kante hasn't done anything again because he's never been fit. Then you have Mount who has bad games occasionally but he always does his job and leads the press, then you have an old Giroud or a raw Tammy.

That is never a top 4 spine.

I just cant criticise Frank because I think we have over achieved.

Someone like Wolves should really be finishing above this Chelsea. So should Spurs. Arsenal are similar. Leicester themselves have a stronger starting XI.

But that all changes next season. They let us in.

Comment

• Purposefully under evaluating Chelseas players and season so it looks better for frank. I see what you're doing. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                    Purposefully under evaluating Chelseas players and season so it looks better for frank. I see what you're doing. Lol
                    I'm not, lol.

Kepa is definitely ****.

The only thing our defence is missing is Serge Aurier.

Comment

• Villa stayed up woohooo.

yes they spent 120mil, but they needed a squad overhaul cause so many players were out of contract.

hopefully they can sign some good players to be more comfortable next season. still cant believe they beat arsenal.

good times have never felt so good!

villa are linked with origi, dont think so, but they need someone like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X