Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not even 4th, we can finish 5th and still get in. Since Man City are banned from continental competition.

If we capture Havertz as well. Our attacking talent is absurd.

It's not like they are all world beaters exactly right now but it's like essentially signing 2 Eden Hazards from Lille, while raising about 5 more in-house.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      It’s Luiz’s specialty, if there was ever a player that NEVER improved yet managed to get on winning teams... it’s him.

Well boys, Timo Werner is official. Signed, sealed, delivered.

That’s an easy 20+ goals to the team sheet.
      Can Timo perform in the Premier League though?
      Jovic was a top scorer in the Bundesliga his last year, and this year in Madrid he has scored only 2 goals, that’s in La Liga.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        Jesus.

Been a while since you posted.

Arsenal are pony right now. There is just no way that they wont eventually get it right but right now this is the weakest Arsenal team in my lifetime for sure and by miles.
        What makes you think this?

Said it for many years now, United and Arsenal are dinosaurs of the football world. The game changed and they didn't evolve, they got left behind and it's game over I'm afraid.. mid-table is their permanent home now.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ox View Post
          What makes you think this?

Said it for many years now, United and Arsenal are dinosaurs of the football world. The game changed and they didn't evolve, they got left behind and it's game over I'm afraid.. mid-table is their permanent home now.
          I hate their stadium but you can bet when that's paid off or even if it isn't someone will come in and go spend what it takes.

Comment

I hate their stadium but you can bet when that's paid off or even if it isn't someone will come in and go spend what it takes.
            They're such a boring club doe... Sheikhs don't buy Ford Mondeo's nomsayin?

Comment

• Originally posted by JJRod View Post
              Can Timo perform in the Premier League though?
              Jovic was a top scorer in the Bundesliga his last year, and this year in Madrid he has scored only 2 goals, that’s in La Liga.
              Werner should be able to perform in the Premier League.

I can't lie though, Chelsea is the worst place he could have gone to of the "big" clubs in England.

Chelsea just don't accommodate players. The player has to change in order to fit in the team. Not the team changing to fit the player's game. Torres, Lukaku, Michy, Morata... none can play with their back to goal. None of them, the team changed to play to their strengths.

Werner playing quite similar to Michael Owen... Chelsea is probably the worst fit for that style. Because he won't get played in-behind the defenses.

Comment

• It's not just Chelsea that struggle to get in behind. It's all good teams or even just teams that play. So their strikers usually have clever movement in small spaces and your main man will often have a defender behind him and a midfielder in front of him when he receives the ball.

To play for anyone good tou need to be good with your back to goal.

Firmino is exceptional in this regard.

Batshuayi hasn't been successful because he's not very good tbh.

Comment

• Sa at Watford is raw but so much talent

Comment

It's not just Chelsea that struggle to get in behind. It's all good teams or even just teams that play. So their strikers usually have clever movement in small spaces and your main man will often have a defender behind him and a midfielder in front of him when he receives the ball.

To play for anyone good tou need to be good with your back to goal.

Firmino is exceptional in this regard.

Batshuayi hasn't been successful because he's not very good tbh.
                    I mean, to an extent that is true but I feel Chelsea’s case is bigger because how many times have we watched an attack get killed because no one besides Cesc could play a ball more than 10 yards and into space?

Or how many times have attacks been killed with someone not sending an early cross and instead passing it backwards which turns into that U shape passing back and forth across the pitch?

That’s my concern with Werner. I think he is great but his greatest asset is his pace. It’s useless if we play slow football.

Comment

• Also, Arsenal.... just wow.

Comment

Working...
                      X