Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t know how fussed I am about losing all that talent tbh.

Let’s be honest Chelsea have already won everything anyway.

But if we do it this time in any way with a bunch of players where some which have been there since they were 8 years old I don’t really see how anyone can do better than that. That’s different.

And whilst it’s an adjustment to take losing to some pretty terrible teams at home at the moment. We’re doing so with a team with the amount of youth products in the first team not really seen outside of Man U intermittently really. And the Man U youngster look decent like Greenwood but the Chelsea ones are different let’s be honest.

I mean, ffs, how good is Reece James?

Chelsea fielded 5 academy products today with Christensen, James, Mount, CHO, and Tammy.

With Christensen ahead of Tomori. But really I think we’ll end up with 8 in the first team eventually. RLC will walk in when fit, either Lamptey or Maatsen will take up a full back spot. Anjorin and Gilmour and Ampadu are likely first team squad members. Broja and Guehi could both get in. Connor Gallagher is the one they think will be a star and he’s doing well too.

None of this would have happened without a ban, and multiple catastrophic transfers and sales.

And Lampard but more specifically Joe Edwards and Jody Morris.

Lampard says he doesn’t really want Dembele so really I think we won’t sign anyone.

We might not sign anyone in the summer either.

Pragmatically speaking it’s Jadon Sancho and a blank cheque book and Werner and his buyout. If they don’t want to come. Then I don’t see the point in buying anyone ever again. They won’t make us any better. Not enough to get near Liverpool.

We may not get 4th but we could and tbh it’s looking like we could near enough do that with 11 academy players tbh
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 01-11-2020, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Credit where it’s due really.

Liverpool are excellent
      No denying that they are excellent but can't say the league is competitive if the leader is far ahead up the table.

Remind me of 90s Manure.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
        Lukaku has scored 14 in 18 or something in Italy.. never liked him and probably that record wont last.. but he is better then what United have atm..

What makes me laugh is that Lukaku.. Salah.. De Bruynne all used to be on Chelsea's books and now are some of the hottest talents in the world.. Chelsea should just ask for a indefinite transfer ban.. didnt they also buy and sell Luiz and Matic multiple times?
        Rashford and Martial are better imo..

Comment

• Originally posted by Outworn View Post
          No denying that they are excellent but can't say the league is competitive if the leader is far ahead up the table.

Remind me of 90s Manure.
          Yeah it’s true, you could say Man U and Chelsea are developing sides. Arsenal and Spurs have hamstrung themselves with expensive stadia. But tbh Liverpool are going to get 100 points so it’s not just their fault. All teams other than Liverpool and City have bought some very poor players and consistently so.

But it’s a perfect storm really. Liverpool have extended their stadium for the cost of a packet of peanuts because...Anfield. The whole club is an completely even keel.

Spurs have a billion pound stadium for example and that’s in a s.hithole. Chelsea would need to spend a billion to add 10,000 seats!

But you’re right I mean even when Chelsea were utterly dominant in Jose’s first period we would lose to teams like Man City (pre billions, bang bang average side), Fulham and we even got thumped by Middlesbrough once in a while.

Whilst pundits are now all of a sudden quick to praise Chelsea’s youngsters like their established and they’re from the best academy in the world (demonstrably so) they are essentially championship players at this stage in their development.

You can’t really compete with City if their guy is KDB and your guy is a 1 senior league goal CHO. They ain’t the same.

Two seasons under his belt with CL, international, and exponentially more pl experience and with KDB possibly levelling off (he’s not going to get better) it becomes a different argument. If CHO is the talent Chelsea think he is. Jury’s out.

I said Chelsea might challenge next season but tbh. That’s pie in the sky. Maybe the season after next.

We’re more likely to win the CL than a league title now.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 01-12-2020, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• Chelsea did too much to appease Jose, who was on a sharp decline by then, in hindsight. Tbh

Just look at the man 2 clubs later. He's clearly shot to bits.

With that said.

I agree with Sparked. As long as Chelsea dont upset the chemistry brewing. Chelsea are on to something big with the youth products.

Final frontier really.

Win everything with a team of majority academy graduates. It's the last frontier of club football for the club.

Comment

• Also, where is BigZ at?

Whoever runs Palace is crazy. He better hope playing hard ball doesnt bite them in the ass.

Word is Bayern Munich came for Zaha and Palace rejected them too.

Massive sums or bust is the stance Palace is taking it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                Also, where is BigZ at?

Whoever runs Palace is crazy. He better hope playing hard ball doesnt bite them in the ass.

Word is Bayern Munich came for Zaha and Palace rejected them too.

Massive sums or bust is the stance Palace is taking it seems.
                100 million euros or no Zaha. It's the stance we have to take, because we immediately become relegation fodder without him lol.

Comment

• That’s the thing isn’t it. It costs about £100 mill to be relegated. So buying an important player for anyone in not top 8 really could harm those clubs.

That said, I think most premiership teams are just not very bright. Look at the players Brentford get for example. They’ve got an u-21 France international from Troyes. Their same recruitment team tried to sign Kante 5 years ago.

There’s still blind spots out there. The championship being an obvious one and the lesser lights in France another.

Mount wasn’t that impressive in the championship and even Tomori made rickets.

If Brentford get promoted which might be hard for them. They will unearth gems.

Someone like Batshuayi is on the premiership merry-go-round.

He’s not a better striker than Watkins at Brentford.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    Yeah it’s true, you could say Man U and Chelsea are developing sides. Arsenal and Spurs have hamstrung themselves with expensive stadia. But tbh Liverpool are going to get 100 points so it’s not just their fault. All teams other than Liverpool and City have bought some very poor players and consistently so.

But it’s a perfect storm really. Liverpool have extended their stadium for the cost of a packet of peanuts because...Anfield. The whole club is an completely even keel.

Spurs have a billion pound stadium for example and that’s in a s.hithole. Chelsea would need to spend a billion to add 10,000 seats!

But you’re right I mean even when Chelsea were utterly dominant in Jose’s first period we would lose to teams like Man City (pre billions, bang bang average side), Fulham and we even got thumped by Middlesbrough once in a while.

Whilst pundits are now all of a sudden quick to praise Chelsea’s youngsters like their established and they’re from the best academy in the world (demonstrably so) they are essentially championship players at this stage in their development.

You can’t really compete with City if their guy is KDB and your guy is a 1 senior league goal CHO. They ain’t the same.

Two seasons under his belt with CL, international, and exponentially more pl experience and with KDB possibly levelling off (he’s not going to get better) it becomes a different argument. If CHO is the talent Chelsea think he is. Jury’s out.

I said Chelsea might challenge next season but tbh. That’s pie in the sky. Maybe the season after next.

We’re more likely to win the CL than a league title now.
                    This Chelsea side actually reminds me of Pools during Klopp first season. This is when Frank sets the foundation on how he wants the team to play. Attacking 4-3-3 formation with pressure off the ball. Klopp calls it heavy metal football.

It takes atleast 3 seasons for the players to be truly fit for the system and to challenge for silverwares. Chelsea finishing 4th this season is a big achievement.

Now we can just hope to get the right players and not flops like Bakayoko and Drinkwater. Hopefully CHO and Pulisic can be devastating as Salah and Mane or we can get the right players to be like them. I like the Leon Bailey kid for a start or Sancho.

Comment

• The problem is that Chelsea dont have an identity they are trying to adjust to yet.

Frank switches **** up too much. There really isnt a base formation or base tactics to work off of.

Like Klopp, you know he wants to be on the front foot. He adjusted to the league and with the players he bought to mesh with their best players.

But he, as a manager, always had that identity.

Same with Pep. He has an identity. He made it more direct with City. But the idea is there.

Chelsea dont have it yet. Our system changes with the wind. Its a result of inexperience but it's where we are at from players to coaching staff.
                      Last edited by F l i c k e r; 01-12-2020, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X