• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    About 8 hours until we all bathe in the tears of Liverpool

Comment

• Sterling did his thing today.

i want Liverpool to win the league and City the Champs League.

Comment

• 45 minutes until those tears wash over us, boys

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          45 minutes until those tears wash over us, boys
          Liverpool 2-0 Mane and Salah.

They gonna win the league.

Comment

• Sorry to the rest of the world on Chelsea’s behalf.

Comment

• Big win for us that. I just wanted us to take 6 from 6 in those Spurs and Chelsea games and then see if City will drop anything against Spurs and United in their next 2 league games.

Some goal from Salah that

Comment

• That is Chelsea's ceiling.

As long as Sarri is here and Chelsea dont spend 500m in transfers. This is the best Chelsea can do...

2-0 loss to Liverpool.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  That is Chelsea's ceiling.

As long as Sarri is here and Chelsea dont spend 500m in transfers. This is the best Chelsea can do...

2-0 loss to Liverpool.
                  If you gave him £500 million we’d still finish 3rd because the team is still essentially built around our least talented player.

Jorginho is functional when we have 70% possession but Sarri’s refusal to be proven wrong means we’ll likely lose every away game to anyone good. Jorginho can’t run or spot danger. It’s fine if he doesn’t have to do anything.

I just can’t see that axis ever working. It can only work if we have much better players than the opposition.

What Sarri’s system does do is give you the best possible chance of beating weak teams at home. Which is the bare minimum.

Chelsea actually did alright yesterday but switched off after half time. But no Chelsea fan is going to say Chelsea are anywhere near as good as Liverpool no matter how much they hate them. And that’s a kick in the t.its.

We’re universes away from City.

All that said. His results aren’t actually awful apart from his away results but it’s hard to see what Sarri would do with a Hazardless transfer banned Chelsea with no good strikers and whose only saving grace is academy products and not players like Jorginho who he loves.

Said it for years now. Chelsea needed to get Brenda.

It’s a bad Chelsea team who on the surface are spending money but they’re being 2nd rate players after missing out on prime targets.

Comment

• Nah, the players didn't switch off. Sarri doesn't make half time adjustments.

Football 101, you make half time adjustments depending on what you have seen during the progression of the first half. If you aren't winning, you adjust to exploit what you noticed of the opponents. If you are winning, you give a team talk of motivation and secure the 3 points. If you're losing, you give a team talk of motivation, switch things up, and look to salvage a point or outright win.

Sarri goes into half time and does absolutely no adjusting.

He truly has his nose so far in the air that he sees nothing wrong with his tactics and only believes that if his tactics aren't working, its because the players aren't motivated enough or aren't exciting well enough.

Which is why at 2-0, you see Barkley come on for RLC or the removal of the most direct winger for Higuain.... Or the usual Barkley for Kovacic at the 80.

Sarri just isn't very good. It worked in Italy because after Juventus the next best team was Napoli anyways (Benitez won trophies with them pre-Sarri). Then you have a mixed bag of Roma, Inter, and AC Milan (equivalent of the 7-10 spots in the Prem).

The rest are up and down. Italy just isn't a very good league from top to bottom. Where a club like Atalanta will succumb to Napoli just because its Napoli and a club like Everton will go all out to topple Chelsea because it's Chelsea (aka a big game).

You'd think Chelsea were shyte but we are just so so so average (with 2 worldies in Hazard and Kante) and its even more evident because the manager is possibly 6 or 7th best manager in the league. (Pellegrini and Brenda > Sarri)
                    Last edited by F l i c k e r; 04-15-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      That is Chelsea's ceiling.

2-0 loss to Liverpool.
                      Honestly i look at Liverpool's players/squad and i don't see anything special.. Van Dyke? Salah and Firminio

I think Klopp has done a fantastic job.. cause he's got that team fighting at a level well beyond the talent they have.. especially when you compare to say City

Comment

Working...
                      X