X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
    gtfoh
    If you are good enough to be top 4 you are good enough to win a league cup or something

Jose would definitely put more emphasis on winning a trophy than finishing 4th

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      If you are good enough to be top 4 you are good enough to win a league cup or something

Jose would definitely put more emphasis on winning a trophy than finishing 4th
      Yea he would prolly win the carling cup, or w/e the **** its called now, & then get sacked the season after, when all the players realise he is a massive egomaniacal dickhead.

poch is a better manager in every way, he has made a fringe top 6 team who were selling their top players every time we were on the verge of being a champions league team be in the champions league every season and challenge for the title, with practically no budget and giving academy players and homegrown players a chance.

l'pool, city, united etc should all be looking at our model for longterm success

pls dont bump this post when Eriksen leaves in the summer, Poch goes to madrid and we buy ****ing jack grealish as a replacement

Comment

Yea he would prolly win the carling cup, or w/e the **** its called now, & then get sacked the season after, when all the players realise he is a massive egomaniacal dickhead.

poch is a better manager in every way, he has made a fringe top 6 team who were selling their top players every time we were on the verge of being a champions league team be in the champions league every season and challenge for the title, with practically no budget and giving academy players and homegrown players a chance.

l'pool, city, united etc should all be looking at our model for longterm success

pls dont bump this post when Eriksen leaves in the summer, Poch goes to madrid and we buy ****ing jack grealish as a replacement
        Tbfh the competions outside of PL and CL have been so devalued over the past 20 years.. does it really matter if Spurs won the carling cup?

Hell United and Chelsea won the Europa which is above both the FA cup and Carling imo.. but nobody really cares much.. it's a trophy you win because your not good enough to be in the CL.. hardly that prestigious

It should be shocking that Chelsea.. United and even Arsenal finish behind Spurs giving the difference in backing

Comment

• Spurs aren’t successful.

They don’t win anything.

Let’s be honest only the champions should be in the champions league

Top 4 means **** all. If going through history books you’re just gonna be looking for great games or something.

Ipswich Town finished 4th in the 00’s I think.

I feel Chelsea afford me the opportunities to STILL look down my nose at both Arsenal and Spurs. Although at least Arsenal win the cup occasionally.

Comment

• lol, if any team deserves to be looked down upon, its chelsea and city. Give any team a blank chequebook from some oil tycoon and you are pretty much guaranteed to win something in the next few years.

The success will taste sweeter once we win something with a team full of homegrown english talent.

Comment

• It’s alright mate.

That new stadium has an in-house bakery and microbrewery so that’s nice

Joe Lewis... the billionnaire getting his priorities right.

Comment

• Spurs is basically the English national team with a better Keeper, a world class midfielder, and 1 better CB... still win nothing.

Put Conte in there and they win the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

Spurs is basically the English national team with a better Keeper, a world class midfielder, and 1 better CB... still win nothing.

Put Conte in there and they win the league.
                  Conte is a failure in the PL

and he had 200x the budget Poch had

Comment

• Not really true. It’s all about wages and always has been.

Chelsea pay the 4th highest wages and are 4th.

But to be fair.

Spurs are the only team over performing but they’re under resourced.

They had to win the league now really.

Christian Eriksen is not gonna be replaced with as good of a player is he? Even Dembélé hasn’t. Unless Lewis actually spends his cash on players then I really can’t see how they don’t drift into 6/7 unless Chelsea and Arsenal continue their own malaise. Chelsea are mediocre I accept that but we’ve done this a lot and just randomly perform.

And if their putting 30k in Wembley did they really need that stadium that badly?

London teams are hamstrung by property prices even with the billions they have.

Man U could build another OT tomorrow If they wanted.

If Chelsea pitch owners sold to Roman the man could buy Scotland.

Is 60’000 bums in seats necessary for £30 odd million extra revenue when Danny Drinkwater costs £32 million.

The Northern clubs have pulled away. Liverpool pay the 2nd highest wages and only sign their top line targets.

Spurs, Chelsea, and Arsenal end up with your Llorentes, Zappacostas, and Mustafi’s.

They’re alright players but not gonna be in great teams.

I used to think the balance of power would always shift to the capital but it hasn’t. I would think a foreign player would always choose London over the Nortwest but with wages matched and exceeded they won’t.

Chelsea might bounce back because Roman might just say ‘f.uck it’ and go all in.

Comment

Conte is a failure in the PL

and he had 200x the budget Poch had
                      Conte won a PL and an FA cup.

He also didn't always get the players he wanted due to the other figures at the club in management.

How is that a failure? He was only there for 2 seasons.

Comment

Working...
                      X