This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ll miss the game this weekend.

I’ll get to miss Willian not being fouled. Stopping stone dead and throwing his arms in the air and City scoring from the following attack. The sweet Willy special.

Overall Willian has been good for us but is well passed it now.

Bless him but he’s done this several times in recent memory. The next time he does it I am expecting deathly silence followed by a single gun shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      It can turn in to a debate but reality is, US isn't too far off from Jamaica and Jamaica is what? The size of New Jersey?

Improving the MLS is fine but the country's best players should be applying themselves in the big leagues. If you want international tournament results. Otherwise, we can keep losing to Honduras and sacking coaches left and right, because the players aren't good enough as they lack high quality football experience.

I think we can both agree that country size has nothing to do with quality of football. (Uruguay, Croatia)

And I agree, American players have to test themselves in the best leagues, but we need a good foundation in the US so that when they get there, they can compete for a staring role and not be bench warmers.

Also we missed the World Cup in 18 because of a phantom goal by Panama in the final game of qualification.

Comment

• Rashford is a punk. Fergie would've given him a good slap.

Torreira is a good boy..
        Last edited by Outworn; 12-08-2018, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JrRod View Post
          I think we can both agree that country size has nothing to do with quality of football. (Uruguay, Croatia)

And I agree, American players have to test themselves in the best leagues, but we need a good foundation in the US so that when they get there, they can compete for a staring role and not be bench warmers.

Also we missed the World Cup in 18 because of a phantom goal by Panama in the final game of qualification.
          I can agree with that.

Luckily, the younger guys are drifting abroad with the emergence of Pulisic. It seems like more and more are taking the jump.

Hopefully the likes of Weston, Weah, Pulisic, Carter-Vickers, and Sargent can become respectable players in Europe. Horvath too, specially him, if he can turn into a Friedel GK; it will help the national side out a lot.

Sargent as already jumped into the deep end in Bundesliga too. Last Bremen game, came on as a sub and contributed with a goal on his debut.
          Last edited by F l i c k e r; 12-08-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Anyone think that Dirk guy is going to return if Arsenal look like they can push City? Haven't seen that guy since Sparked went in on that man's life.

Arsenal and Chelsea looking to switch roles it seems. Steel-and-grit is becoming Arsenal's way. While Chelsea are looking style-over-substance.

Comment

• Hazard and Sterling playing central forward.

Final score Chelsea 0 City 4.

Comment

• By far the greatest team, the world has ever seen.

Comment

• So much anxiety in that run of play and Kante ignites the place with that finish.

Beautiful isnt it?

I fully expect City to turn on the heat in the 2nd half though.

Comment

• Chelsea! Chelsea! Chelsea! Styled all over Man City in this one.

You're welcome Liverpool. The title is now your's to lose.

Comment

• Didn’t see that coming.

Sounds like we got predictably dominated and sucker punched them directly in the t.its.

The league as whole probably needed that.

Does make Chelsea look typically fairweather.

Lost their marbles on a wet night in the midlands.

Luiz is a basket case but Christensen point blank isn’t good enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X