Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NFL markings on the pitch were embarrassing in that game.

Come on man.

Whilst I think NFL is and will catch on over here. They can’t have that crap all over our football pitches.

Spurs are so typically small time that of course they’ll continue doing it at their stadium for a quick buck.

That said it would be ace if they gave us a franchise. It’d be full of Americans anyway and they’d be garbage but it would be interesting

Comment

• How good is Chelsea’s midfield by the way?

Need the acid test against City but I think Chelsea have a better midfield. Very deep as well.

All this after spending £75 mill on Baka and Drinky.

Realistically there is zero chance Chelsea won’t win the Europa league. Even the teams that drop out of the CL won’t really be able to compete with that midfield.

That comp is so far beneath Chelsea it’s staggering.

Literally easier to win than the community shield

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        The NFL markings on the pitch were embarrassing in that game.

Come on man.

Whilst I think NFL is and will catch on over here. They can’t have that crap all over our football pitches.

Spurs are so typically small time that of course they’ll continue doing it at their stadium for a quick buck.

That said it would be ace if they gave us a franchise. It’d be full of Americans anyway and they’d be garbage but it would be interesting
        I've been meaning to ask about this? How many of you Brits actually care about the NFL games played in the UK? Do you guys pay attention to them at all? Most people out here think it's only a matter of time before Shad Khan moves the Jaguars to London permanently.

Comment

• Chelsea does have a solid midfield thanks to Jorginho's balance. Even Kovacic seems like excess with Barkley and RLC finally emerging.

But really, was it that hard to buy someone like that for Conte? I know Conte's style and attitude was less than desirable. But surely a player like Jorginho instead of Drink-yoko would have kept him in better spirits.

Imagine if Sarri would have got Wilshere or Joe Allen instead of Jorginho. Could it work? Sure but to the extent of nearing possession and passing records? Im not so sure.

I think Europa is ours unless Luiz goes full Luiz. All it takes is Atletico to drop into their comfortable competition and Luiz could Falcao'd again. (Super cup vs Atletico, Falcao raped Luiz for 3)

Comment

• Harry Kane or Sergio Aguero?

Comment

• Kane is like 7 years younger.

He tends to take a while to really get into his stride too.

Aguero is one of the prem greats really. He’s just quite boring. Keeps himself under house arrest and knows zero English so nobody is that enamoured by him

Comment

• Yeah I’d go with Aguero as well but I don’t think Kane is out of place, even though he’s fairly young he’s been one of the best strikers out there for the last 3-4 seasons.

Speaking of great Prem strikers, who do you lot think is the greatest? There’s a few good options.

Comment

• I’d pick Henry.

And tbh, he used to really annoy me. But he was the best.

Better than Drogs. Better than Goofy, better than Van Nistelrooy. Better than Aguero. Kane. Shearer.

To be fair it is prem specifically.

Drogba was a stud. Defined by his performances in finals.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    I've been meaning to ask about this? How many of you Brits actually care about the NFL games played in the UK? Do you guys pay attention to them at all? Most people out here think it's only a matter of time before Shad Khan moves the Jaguars to London permanently.
                    As a sports fan I’m interested.

Albeit I don’t know any of the rules nor will spend any time at all getting to know the rules.

Tbh I’ve just watched all of Ballers. That alone has made more hyped about the sport.

The whole draft thing is pretty novel.

I wouldn’t mind that happening here with youth players. It’d work.

You’d get Phil Foden and probs Hudson-Odoi as hot properties and ending up at Cardiff or whatever but playing 30 games.

If I was a yank I’d probably follow the NFL closely or Ice Hockey.
                    Last edited by Sparked_26; 10-30-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      I’d pick Henry.

And tbh, he used to really annoy me. But he was the best.

Better than Drogs. Better than Goofy, better than Van Nistelrooy. Better than Aguero. Kane. Shearer.

To be fair it is prem specifically.

Drogba was a stud. Defined by his performances in finals.
                      Got to see Didier dish out a couple sweet assists last week, he's a part owner of the team out here and has carried the club to the semi-finals. He's becoming a local hero now, especially if the club gets promoted to MLS. It's like if a former movie star just started putting on plays at your small, local theatre.

Comment

Working...
                      X