This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a World Cup wall chart?

My QF prediction is entirely dependent on us getting someone African in the 2nd round

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Anyone got a World Cup wall chart?

My QF prediction is entirely dependent on us getting someone African in the 2nd round
      We're up against the Poland/Colombia/Japan/Senegal group in the last 16 if we get through.

None of them good enough where you'd expect us to lose but none of them bad enough where you'd expect us to beat them.

Saying that, if we beat any of them in the last 16 it would be the best result we've had in a tournament since probably Spain at Euro 96. About equal to beating Denmark in 02 and Ecuador in 06, both in the last 16.

When it's put like that, QFs would actually be a good achievement for England in this tournament considering the squad.

Comment

• We’ll go out of the group on goal difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
          We're up against the Poland/Colombia/Japan/Senegal group in the last 16 if we get through.

None of them good enough where you'd expect us to lose but none of them bad enough where you'd expect us to beat them.

Saying that, if we beat any of them in the last 16 it would be the best result we've had in a tournament since probably Spain at Euro 96. About equal to beating Denmark in 02 and Ecuador in 06, both in the last 16.

When it's put like that, QFs would actually be a good achievement for England in this tournament considering the squad.
          I don’t think we’d beat Poland

Comment

• Lewandowski or James Rodriguez would be dangerous against England.

Comment

• To be fair anyone is dangerous against England.

Nigeria were horrific and we know that would somehow end up a draw in a World Cup.

But the 3 at the back gives us a chance to ****house through if Harry Kane is on form.

Tunisia is the massive game really

Comment

• Pretty sure we will get to at least the quarters.

We are not the best but are obviously better than most second tier teams like Colombia and Poland.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  Tunisia are ranked 1 place behind England.

Where do you think we’ll get to?

I think England will get to the quarters and I’ll be happy with that.
                  2nd round. ive never been less optimistic. The group is an absolute dream on paper but i still think we will struggle to get out of it. probably scrape through with 4 points on goal difference.

Comment

• Kanu robbed in Russia

Comment

• This needs restickying ASAP BostonGuy

Comment

Working...
                      X