Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can’t believe the narrative about Chelsea fans wanting Conte to stay. I don’t know anyone who wants him to stay.

He’s been completely uninterested for 6 months.

I have no idea how they finished 5th and won a
    Cup but it is nothing to do with him seemingly.

Made his first sub in the 89th minute yesterday. Bizarre.

Chelsea ‘s.hithoused’ their way to a win as Fenomeno would say. The back 3 and unbelievably Big Nose were all outstanding along with Kante and Hazard. Cesc apart from 1 pass and Timeehhhh were f.ucking useless

Comment

• There's no way to tell if Conte doesn't want to stay.

My stance is, if he wants to stay, keep him on till the end of the contract. That would be 3 seasons and if next season doesn't look good, sack him.

The front office needs to support him in the transfer window though.

This current Chelsea side, finishing 5th is their ceiling.

Without proper support in the window, there's no desire for success at that point cause this overall side is 5th place at best. We look like Liverpool back when they had Carroll and Stewart Downing.

May as well let him walk if the suits don't want to reinforce with actual quality. Not bang average players and hipsters with bum mentalities.
      Last edited by F l i c k e r; 05-20-2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• He took your only threat (hazard) of aswell with 6-7 mins left.. what happens if United score and take it into extra time

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
          He took your only threat (hazard) of aswell with 6-7 mins left.. what happens if United score and take it into extra time
          Not that bad really.

Willian is as good of a pen taker.

And it wasn't as if Chelsea were outright ready to score even with Hazard on the pitch. Plus Hazard as running on empty.

Comment

• I don’t really see the point in keeping Conte when it is obvious he isn’t going to stay past next season. And that’s even without his horrific body language over the last 6 months.

There’s no succession planning at Chelsea and the players are extremely likely to throw the manager under the bus once results go against them knowing their fate isn’t necessarily in the managers hands
            Last edited by Sparked_26; 05-20-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• I saw an interesting thing about keeping Conte but promoting Jody Morris to assistant manager.

Conte manages the league with Kante, Hazard, Azpi and the lot.

Then for league cup and the extra competitions. Jody Morris takes up the reins and preparations for those games with a few of the loanees; Zouma, Van Ginkel, Tammy, etc and the backups.

Season is over. Conte can walk and Jody Morris cuts his teeth at the senior level with Chelsea and takes over afterwards.

I like that idea to be honest. I think Conte will demand Europa rights and all that but it's a good succession plan. Promoting from within with a guy who runs the best academy in the world, if he proves he can handle it. (e.g. no disasters in league cup matches etc.)

Comment

• Jody Morris does need a role in the senior set up.

Chelsea probably do miss a voice on the training ground other than Conte’s. He seems like a pretty bleak man.

I’d definitely give him his 10 mill and say thanks a lot and you’ve done a good job.

It would be different if Conte was flexible but he’s not. We play a niche system with the wing backs which forces a counter attack game and completely negates some potential transfer targets.

That said Fabregas is fundamentally unsuited to Chelsea and he’s inexplicably played 50 games.

I suppose it’s easy to wise as a fan but nothing I’ve seen from Conte has encouraged me for quite a while.

How poorly does a player have to play to be left out.

The BBC literally wrote that Bakayoko made no dreadful errors so that can be seen as a success for him. They were wrong anyway. He gave it away several times

But the irony is that Chelsea are the 5th best team on paper.

But winning the cup does still keep us elevated above Spurs despite their 3rd place. We win things. They don’t.

Comment

• 5th place is about right for the players we have. It's their ceiling.

Conte is the only reason they even finished 5th. Despite his errors, his passion is what kept them floating.

A novice to big clubs like Howe would've got AVB treatment by the players. "what does he know?" type of treatment.

A good coach like Poch would've got given up on like they did with Jose. Because he demands 120% from players every game, all 90 minutes.

These players truly aren't -that- good. Other than Hazard, Kante, Rudiger, and Azpilicueta. Who else finds starting time at any club above Burnley, excluding Chelsea? (we already know Hazard is a fair-weather top player. so there's that too)

If Conte is fired though. Whatever the board decide on, they just need to 100% commit to it.

If it's promoting youth. Stick to it period. Don't change because we might end a season with 0 trophies. Don't go Galacticos and suddenly switch to Arsenal-austerity the next summer.

Fire Conte or keep him. Whatever they do, I just want to see them commit to it fully.

Brenda + Morris as #2 , promote the youth to squad roles and reinforce with 1 or 2 legit worldies.

But commit to this idea 5-6 years. Not 1 1/2 seasons then switch ideas like they're running a start-up/small business.
                  Last edited by F l i c k e r; 05-20-2018, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
                    buffon retired parma back to serie a.
                    Thank you Parma for Zola. Zola can be their manager.

One of my favourite Chelsea kit.

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    But winning the cup does still keep us elevated above Spurs despite their 3rd place. We win things. They don’t.
                    Dang! Where mlac?

Comment

• Man United have spent 261m over the past 2 seasons pretty crazy amount right? then you realize City have spent 100m more than that :O Pep is doing the bare minimum winning the league imo with that investment

Props to the likes of Liverpool/Spurs who manage to keep fairly close with very little investment/selling of key players

You guys slag off Conte but he won it in his first year.. he didn't get a crazy 261m (Jose) or 360m (pep).. If big Rom invested hard after u won the PL i think Conte could have done something.

Why did Fergie manage to retain the league so often.. when barely anyone else has? because he went out and spent 20-40m (that was a lot back in the day) on a player after winning the league to keep everyone on there toes.. you can't stand still in football

Chelsea actually got worse with the departure of Costa and Morata coming in.. how ****ing embarrasing.. 60m + player can't even start over an Arsenal sub in the FA cup final.. I'd be ashamed if i was him

Comment

Working...
                      X