This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• …AND LEMAR DEAL TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON
    Bigger Liverpool news comes from French outlet Le10Sport. They claimed late on Tuesday that a deal between Monaco and Liverpool for the sale of Thomas Lemar has virtually been agreed. Monaco have been holding out for £88m, but the suspicion is that they won’t get quite that much.

Still, if Liverpool really have a got a deal done then that squad is beginning to look many different strands of sexy, in terms of depth and quality. Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino, Dominic Solanke, Danny Ings, Ben Woodburn, Rhian Brewster, Adam Lallana, Naby Keita, Thomas Lemar, Jordan Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Georginio Wijnaldum and James Milner competing for six positions, is it?

Le10Sport reckon that the move could be announced in the next few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
      I wouldn't really say that, they were neck and neck in the champions league until Messi got injured for 2 months at the start of a group stage then Ronaldo was scoring 4 goals against teams like Malmo and since then he managed to stay ahead to his credit but by no stretch does he dominate Messi. Messi has played conisderably less games in the champions league, regardless if Ronaldo didn't score in the first 20 odd.

If both are top 5 all time then it shouldn't be hard to understand why Messi is seen above him by some objectively.

Yeah I agree the consistency of both of them is mental. I would've never expected them to still be this good in their 30's.
      Yeah but Ronaldo has like 57 knockout stage goals compared to Messi 35 or something.. the guy has been really showing up against the likes of Juve.. Bayern and PSG the last few years..

But yeah Messi is great though.. I just feel Ronaldo has clearly gone past him the last few years.. still there is plenty more time for that to change tho
      Last edited by MOTHERDUCKER; 03-07-2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
        Goalscoring numbers are literally the only metric in which the 2 players are remotely comparable on.

Ronaldo one of the greatest goalscorers ever, no doubt.

Messi one of the greatest goalscorers, playmakers and dictators ever. He's probably top 3 all time in shooting, passing and dribbling. Incomparable impact on football matches.
        And yet when it comes to big champions league knockout games.. Ronaldo has scored way more goals.. and has a similar amount of assists as Messi..

Again this is not group stages or Is liga were you can pad your "stats vs bum teams like City and Malmo

So how is Messi more effective then Ronaldo..

Winning.. I.e scoring goals is far more important then pass competition and dribbling.. possession.. if football was won on such things Barca would win the champions league every year

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
          And yet when it comes to big champions league knockout games.. Ronaldo has scored way more goals.. and has a similar amount of assists as Messi..

Again this is not group stages or Is liga were you can pad your "stats vs bum teams like City and Malmo

So how is Messi more effective then Ronaldo..

Winning.. I.e scoring goals is far more important then pass competition and dribbling.. possession.. if football was won on such things Barca would win the champions league every year
          Goal scoring stats again....

If you want to see who impacts a game of football more simply watch 5 full Ronaldo games then watch 5 full Messi games. Ronaldo’s contribution to games are goals, literally everything Barca do in a game goes through Messi. He doesn’t even play up front any more, he’s a number 10 who drops back in to start almost every move they have.

As I said, goalscoring stats are the only means of comparison. Take away the ridiculous amount of Messi goals and he’s still comfortably the most talented footballer of his generation, and that’s no slant on any other player.

But take away Ronaldo’s goals and what do you have? Give me an assist stat if you want but it proves little, is the guy a playmaker in any shape or form?

The debate doesn’t happen as much these days because it seems the large majority think Messi is the goat. He’s definitely enhanced his reputation more than Ronaldo this season, who has been bang average up till the last few weeks.

Comment

• fcking stupid refs!! no penalty on that??

Comment

• spurs is better team, juve's midfield always late to support the defense

Comment

• Juventus are on the ropes now. Surely Spurs won’t throw this away?

Comment

• Not impressed by juve at all....

Comment

• Told you Serie A was a bum league, Juve would be around Burnley level in the prem tbh

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                      Goal scoring stats again....

If you want to see who impacts a game of football more simply watch 5 full Ronaldo games then watch 5 full Messi games. Ronaldo’s contribution to games are goals, literally everything Barca do in a game goes through Messi. He doesn’t even play up front any more, he’s a number 10 who drops back in to start almost every move they have.

As I said, goalscoring stats are the only means of comparison. Take away the ridiculous amount of Messi goals and he’s still comfortably the most talented footballer of his generation, and that’s no slant on any other player.

But take away Ronaldo’s goals and what do you have? Give me an assist stat if you want but it proves little, is the guy a playmaker in any shape or form?

The debate doesn’t happen as much these days because it seems the large majority think Messi is the goat. He’s definitely enhanced his reputation more than Ronaldo this season, who has been bang average up till the last few weeks.
                      Absolute bollocks.. if anything people have accepted Ronaldo is better.. How the **** have people come to accept Messi as better when in the last 4 years Ronaldo has won the CL 3x with vital goals and the 2nd biggest international trophy? oh and he's probably won world player of the year for most of those years

Also i just told you Ronaldo has like one or two less assists in Champions league Knock out competition.. with well over 20 goals more.. I don't give a **** about La Liga vs some donkeys.. we are talking real competition

Ronaldo scoring vital goals vs Tournament favorites PSG.. meanwhile Messi has to be given a open goal vs the worse team left in the tournament to score..

Ronaldo can be **** or do "nothing" and still score.. Messi on the other hand? not so much.. the number of times i have seen that kid fail vs a rank average team like Chelsea is unbelievable

Comment

Working...
                      X