Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see passed at 8 nil Chelsea victory today.

Alvaro Morata is going to retire Kompany and Big Nose is going to pull off an uncharacteristic save.

I would drive Tibo to PSG. Man, the shock they'd get when a French cheese pasteuriser lobs him from 90 metres.

Comment

• Astori died suddenly this morning.. Fiorentina captain.

Shocking news that.. amazing how you can be ok one minute and then gone the next.

Comment

• all remaining serie a game called off. astori were found dead in his hotel room, hope he's not OD. here article from football italia:

'Astori didn't turn up to breakfast'
        By Football Italia staff

Fiorentina released a statement on the sudden death of captain Davide Astori, who was found in his hotel room this morning.

The Italy international turned 31 in January and was at the hotel in Udine with the rest of his teammates preparing for today’s planned Serie A match with Udinese.

“The lad did not turn up to the team breakfast at 9.30am and he was usually the first to arrive,” explained Fiorentina spokesman Arturo Mastronardi.

“So they went to check on him. Davide was sleeping in a room on his own. We still don’t know the cause of death. The Magistrate came here and the body has been taken for an autopsy, which I think will be conducted today. We have no further details.

“The last to see Davide was Marco Sportiello. Some players sleep in single rooms, some in doubles.

“His family is from Bergamo, so his parents were alerted by telephone, whereas his partner was visited in person in Florence by some of the directors who were in the city.

“The team will return to Florence today with a charter plane.”

Initially there were reports that Astori was found by his teammates, who broke down the hotel door after he failed to answer his phone.

Fiorentina stated that he was discovered by a massage therapist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
          The CL run was much more impressive aswell, Barca, Munich in the group stages (wouldn't get that now with the padded out format), Inter, Juve and then Munich again in the final.

Both finals were lucky victories to a degree, but i seem to remember Barca and Chelsea being the superior teams in 2008.
          Man Utd won the PL and UCL that season. I wouldn't say Chelsea were better. They came 3rd in the PL that season too. Man Utd beat Barca in the 07/08 UCL and Chelsea.. Man Utd along with Sevilla had the best record in group stages that campaign. Chelsea lost one leg to Fenerbache and took it extra time to beat Liverpool.

It's tough but i'd still say the Man Utd of 08 was better than 99. Better defence and attack, 99 had a better midfield.

Comment

• This is grim. Wenger is finished now, surely. The players aren't playing for him anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
              Man Utd won the PL and UCL that season. I wouldn't say Chelsea were better. They came 3rd in the PL that season too. Man Utd beat Barca in the 07/08 UCL and Chelsea.. Man Utd along with Sevilla had the best record in group stages that campaign. Chelsea lost one leg to Fenerbache and took it extra time to beat Liverpool.

It's tough but i'd still say the Man Utd of 08 was better than 99. Better defence and attack, 99 had a better midfield.
              I meant Chelsea and Barca were the better teams in the games against United in that CL run.

The CL run in 98/99 was much tougher and they won the league and FA Cup too (back when it meant something).

Comment

• Chelsea 2008 were an extraordinary side. It was just the standard Mourinho meltdown.

They were managed by an actual bum to a CL final.

I'm pretty sure I would have won the league with that team. Cech, Cole, Terry, Ricky Carvalho, Makelele, Lampard, Ballack, and Drogba in the line up.

Literally, can't think of a team with more know how than that. This City team wouldn't do shit against them.

Comment

• Good God Arsena, WTF?

Comment

• Arsenal are legit mediocre now, they might not make the Europe league

Comment

• I don't think we troubled their keeper once the 2nd half. Defensively we're a mess and there's no spark or imagination going forward.

This is a mess. Could be 5-10 years to fix this to challenge for top 4 again. I think we're going to easily out-do Liverpool's record of nearly 3 decades with no league titles.

Comment

Working...
                      X