Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've said it for years, United and Arsenal are relics of football. They were good in the 90's but failed to adapt to the modern game.

Now there's a new world order, Liverpool Chelsea City and Spurs are the big boys now.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ox View Post
      I've said it for years, United and Arsenal are relics of football. They were good in the 90's but failed to adapt to the modern game.

Now there's a new world order, Liverpool Chelsea City and Spurs are the big boys now.
      Spurs and Liverpool have won F all.

Comment

• Arsenal, straight up need a new manager.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ox View Post
          I've said it for years, United and Arsenal are relics of football. They were good in the 90's but failed to adapt to the modern game.

Lol wtf.

United and Arsenal have more success and played the better football in the 2000's than they did in the 90's. The invincibles and Ronaldo UCL winning side were both better than any side in the 90's that any side in the PL put out. They would do serious work in 2018.

What have Spurs and Liverpool won? You can't consider them the big boys when they haven't won anything. I don't consider Liverpool winning the league cup a massive deal.

Chelsea are a declining force, they are building a stadium and Conte is probably going to go.

Man City fair enough. Arsenal are declining sure but that's because of their manager/Kroenke.

Comment

• Just read about Courtois' father having talks with PSG.

Jesus, I hope he goes. May be shooting ourselves in the foot with the way the board has been handling transfers but Courtois doesn't even stick a foot out these days.

The way De Gea put out a foot when Morata's offside goal was scored. Courtois would've just stared it in as if the striker was supposed to pass it to him.

I'll take Trapp (who's benched at PSG) over Courtois.
            Last edited by F l i c k e r; 03-03-2018, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Haha juve go through tough week winning 1-0 against both opponent who defeat them in the first half of the season, meanwhile napoli choke in their own home.

Winning 1-0 in the last minutes of the game is so juve. It remind me when nedved broke lazio heart in his first visit in the olimpico just after he transfered from lazio to juve.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                Lol wtf.

United and Arsenal have more success and played the better football in the 2000's than they did in the 90's. The invincibles and Ronaldo UCL winning side were both better than any side in the 90's that any side in the PL put out. They would do serious work in 2018.

What have Spurs and Liverpool won? You can't consider them the big boys when they haven't won anything. I don't consider Liverpool winning the league cup a massive deal.

Chelsea are a declining force, they are building a stadium and Conte is probably going to go.

Man City fair enough. Arsenal are declining sure but that's because of their manager/Kroenke.

That United team of 2008 was absolutely not better than the United team of the late 90's.

Comment

• I would tend to agree..

Prime Stam, Neville, Beckham, Scholes, Keane, Giggs..

4 top strikers to rotate.

Schmeichel still a top keeper.

That 2008 Man Utd had a better strike force but not quite the better team I would say.

Fairly close though when you add in Rio and Vidic..

Comment

• Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
                    I would tend to agree..

Prime Stam, Neville, Beckham, Scholes, Keane, Giggs..

4 top strikers to rotate.

Schmeichel still a top keeper.

That 2008 Man Utd had a better strike force but not quite the better team I would say.

Fairly close though when you add in Rio and Vidic..
                    The CL run was much more impressive aswell, Barca, Munich in the group stages (wouldn't get that now with the padded out format), Inter, Juve and then Munich again in the final.

Both finals were lucky victories to a degree, but i seem to remember Barca and Chelsea being the superior teams in 2008.

Comment

• Bayern battered United in that final.. but United's midfield was in disarray with Scholes and Keane missing.

That Juve team was class.

Barca were not as good but they still had the best player in the world at the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X