This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    How much Stone Roses tat appears on banners in that stadium, ffs?
    The alternatives are Simply Red and Courteeners, can you blame them?

Comment

• I don't really get how This is the One can become a club anthem for them so quick.

I do like Man United though. Their fans did sing that 'Lukaku only scores against the shit teams' which was nice.

That viva John Terry song is legitimately upsetting, still.

But Man U are proper. First time I've been there in the away end and if they sang that'd be some atmosphere because zero noise escapes. But that Stone Roses infatuation perplexed me all day long.

Their team is also too boring.

Honestly, they're not allowed to play like that, imo. They were so negative in the first half. They have to be on the front foot no matter what.

Chelsea are allowed to play like that. That's it. And that's because the modern title winning Chelsea team is built on that ethos. Not the previous generations as a fancy Dan cup team.

This Man U team aren't really Man U imo.

I'm actually at the point that I'm disappointed in Chelsea's rivals now. It is a disgrace that City have won the title so easily.
      Last edited by Sparked_26; 02-26-2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• So Pogba wants out of United?
        Benched a few games and his feelings are hurt so he wants out?

Comment

• Mourhino doesn't let them play.. we have one of the best attacks in the league (quality wise) with stupid amounts of pace.. but what's the point? Martial breaks down the wing.. who does he have in the middle? just Lukaku.. because the other players don't commit (probably Mourhino orders).. Against Sevilla it was just made me crazy it was so bad.. Not Lukaku biggest fan but he doesn't get much support. You play with Valencia vs Chelsea and he is barely allowed to go past the half way line in the first half.. even though there was plenty off space

We have been spoilt anyway though (chelsea vs United).. back in the day u had Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney, Vidic vs Lampard, A. Cole, Terry, Drogba.. **** both teams had 11 stars. Not sure i would take one player from this team over that old team.. even De Gea vs Van Der Saar is a tad debatable

United have lost any sense of direction since Moyes failed anyway.. even under him we played mostly 442.. i don't rate him but he never had money like the other 2 managers..

Under LVG/Jose it looks like the players are just stuck to a rigid system.. with no use for individual flair.. no wonder Pogba wants to leave if Jose stays. We just buy players now for the sake of it.. with no rhyme or reason.. Sanchez already looks lost to what his actual role is and i don't blame him

Comment

• Who's really available as a manager now days though?

Anyone who buys out Simeone's contract is going to have a deep sitting 442 and playing like Leicester.

Comment

• Originally posted by JrRod View Post
              So Pogba wants out of United?
              Benched a few games and his feelings are hurt so he wants out?
              I wonder if United would sell him to Chelsea.

Conte is there and Chelsea do need a forward running midfielder.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                Mourhino doesn't let them play.. we have one of the best attacks in the league (quality wise) with stupid amounts of pace.. but what's the point? Martial breaks down the wing.. who does he have in the middle? just Lukaku.. because the other players don't commit (probably Mourhino orders).. Against Sevilla it was just made me crazy it was so bad.. Not Lukaku biggest fan but he doesn't get much support. You play with Valencia vs Chelsea and he is barely allowed to go past the half way line in the first half.. even though there was plenty off space

We have been spoilt anyway though (chelsea vs United).. back in the day u had Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney, Vidic vs Lampard, A. Cole, Terry, Drogba.. **** both teams had 11 stars. Not sure i would take one player from this team over that old team.. even De Gea vs Van Der Saar is a tad debatable

United have lost any sense of direction since Moyes failed anyway.. even under him we played mostly 442.. i don't rate him but he never had money like the other 2 managers..

Under LVG/Jose it looks like the players are just stuck to a rigid system.. with no use for individual flair.. no wonder Pogba wants to leave if Jose stays. We just buy players now for the sake of it.. with no rhyme or reason.. Sanchez already looks lost to what his actual role is and i don't blame him
                You knew what you were getting with Mou though.
                And I'm not defending Mou, that game against Seville was awful. But, I understand why. He needs to get ManUnt into the quarters of the Champions. A favorable drawing could get him to the semis. He isn't risking that even against Sevilla.

My point is Pogba is being a whiny ****. Bench a few games and cries of i want out are heard.
                Last edited by JJRod; 02-26-2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Xhaka is utter dog ****e, I was actually quite envious when they signed him but I think I'd prefer recalling Jay Spearing over that bum tbh

Comment

• Part of me think Conte is alongside Hazard and Kante is the only world class things around the first team.

Another part of me struggles to see when he has won us a game with his decision-making from the bench and he hasn't once found a plan B this season.

But if he gets fired they've either got to attempt to match the spending of the Mancs or allow the new guy to blood youngsters with top 4 and cups being the target. I don't mind that but there has to be a clear focus. We can't keep signing these average players. We'd be a stronger team with a 2-year transfer ban they way they are going.

In the summer, try and get Lewandowski or Belotti or whatever. If he doesn't come don't then sign Marko Arnautovic for £70 million or some crap.

At this stage they are better just keeping that money and spending it on bricks and mortar. By being cheap, ironically, they are tipping millions into a black hole.

Comment

• Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                      You knew what you were getting with Mou though.
                      And I'm not defending Mou, that game against Seville was awful. But, I understand why. He needs to get ManUnt into the quarters of the Champions. A favorable drawing could get him to the semis. He isn't risking that even against Sevilla.

My point is Pogba is being a whiny ****. Bench a few games and cries of i want out are heard.
                      Originally I was somewhat excited for him to come.. as I thought it would equal a good chance of winning the league/ lengthy CL run..

He's failed miserably in the league.. didn't make top 4.. and right now I think United and Chelsea will battle for 4-5th place.. which shows very little progress. If it wasn't for the easy run in the Europa league.. last season would have been a massive failure.

Idk most fans expected us to push on.. Pep had an even worse first season but turned it around.. I just don't get the feeling Mourhino is the turn it around type.. he usually just bails or pisses of the players (Pogba)

I disagree on the champions league.. Sevilla are really weak.. I think it's far more dangerous to take them to old Trafford without an away goal..

But I never understood that mentality in Europe.. You can get a massive advantage being more open and attacking away from home..

honestly I think home/away is really overblown.. it's just 11 men vs 11 men on a football field.. most seasoned pros have dealt with hostile crowds

Comment

Working...
                      X