This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post
    It’s pissweak. Juventus had only conceded 1 goal in 17 games and then Spurs (who will do well to finish Top 4 in England) arrived and, frankly, tore them to shreds.
    You know those 17 games are including 3 CL group stage matches. Dont fly to high, this season is the weakest juventus side in years. Juve has been in fine form in the last 3 months but tottenham is not the only one who tore Juve to shreds this season. In serie a Sampdoria put 3 behind buffon's goal and Lazio tear them apart twice in super coppa and lega.

I'm not to worried tho, Allegri and Juve have face this kind of scenarios before and they manage to cameback and secured ticket to the next round in opponent home.

Comment

• And TBH Tottenham didn't really tear juve apart. It was a draw and the out-come could really change dramatically if Higuain put the second penalty away. Spurs dominated the posession but the chancea are balance between both sides.

It was wrong tactic by Allegri, he back using 4-2-3-1 instead of 4-3-3 which has resurrected juve in the last 3 months, And he play it to deep in his own half. This is the same mistake he made while playing against Lazio and Barca which resulted Juve got dominated by fast paced attacking minded team
      Last edited by betmen; 02-16-2018, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        For the same reason we all knew you'd be in here defending them .
        I rate entertaining football, what can I say.

Comment

• Literally never seen Napoli play.

In all likelihood the cards are heavily stacked in English clubs favor with the transfer bans and even with the Festive period - City have won the league in Feb.

I thought Chelsea might win the champions league this year but they're abject at the moment but I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least two English semi finalists if not 3.

Chelsea are the only ones that have assumed that piss poor Arsenalish in Europe status.

Some match ups favor others. A decent Chelsea would have a
          Chance against Barcelona but I'd imagine that a resilient Man U could get the job done.

Liverpool are dangerous but Barca would smash them because they'd go toe to toe.

There is an element of luck to winning the CL. Other than some of the unquestionable Barcelona wins of the past.

Comment

• Napoli are decent. If you watch them, you will see why Fenomeno likes them so much. ref: Guardiola-ball.

They're nice but small. Insinge, Callejon, Mertens. All knee high to Ibrahimovic.

They're good though but I figured they would/could get out muscled and with that high line, a counter attack would do them in. That's why I said Leicester and not, say... Newcastle.

Vardy would eat them alive if a tired Timo Werner was able to threaten them, time and time again. Vardy seemingly never gets tired and is always hungry for the ball.

Tbf to Napoli though, I would expect them to take Chelsea to the wood shed. The only way they don't is if Chelsea was in AAA form. Otherwise, we'd get over ran pretty easily but their small size would find difficulty scoring on the low block.
            Last edited by F l i c k e r; 02-16-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Courtois would've let that penalty in.

Comment

• Finally the FA did something right scheduling Chelsea match on Friday and not on a Sunday before a Champions League match

Good game to get some confidence for some players, Willian looking like Hazard out there

Comment

• What about the kids though?

That Kyle Scott is scrappy for a 98lb kid, soaked.

Comment

• Hudson Odoi is definitely good enough. Has that change of pace.

Ampadu is possibly better than Cahill now and I think he is better than Ake who we sold.

I can't believe he's not even 18 yet. Barking orders at senior pros.

I can't see Kyle Scott playing for us. There's a kid on loan at Vitesse..obviously who is better.

Dujon Sterling is the other one who is good.
                    Last edited by Sparked_26; 02-16-2018, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Ampadu I can see in the 1st team next season he can play CB and DM plus he doesn't have a panic attack when he gets the ball like Gary Cahill

I don't know if he is better than Ake he is younger and very composed so maybe he will be in the next couple of years

Comment

Working...
                      X