• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasgow celtic v Zenit

tomorrow night in the Europa league.

3-0 celtic

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
      Jesus is the better all round forward for the way Pep wants to play. Aguero only gets in the team if he's in the form he's in now. Otherwise Jesus plays (see our XI for most big games this year). If you want to play the high press game he's simply too lazy a lot of the time to be able to do it.

Put anyone with half decent movement up top in our team and they'll get a bucketload of chances. These last couple of games are the first time since about October where the team (and Aguero) have been remotely clinical.

Though I realise everyone's back on his bandwagon cos he's in form. I hope he keeps it up all season. I'm still expecting him to drop off and Jesus to come back in for his place for the business end of the season though, if Pep's form for selections is anything to go off.

I also wouldn't be surprised at all if/when Pep ships him out in summer for a harder worker. Would've been no doubt about it if we'd got Sanchez.

I don't think Jesus is better than him in general though no. If you're building a team from scratch you take Aguero.
      I get the reasoning somewhat. But pressing always comes at a physical cost. Unless you have that Carlos Tevez/Jamie Vardy ****** stamina.

And I think you take it for granted that anyone up top for you will score lots of goals.

Alvaro Morata for example has a conversion rate of 8% with his feet. 8%.

He wouldn't score lots of goals for City. Or anyone.

Aguero is in rarefied company. In fact, he might be absolutely alone by himself at the top. Harry Kane somewhere around there. And they both miss chances because they're not robots.

And if it is specifically about the press, then Jamie Vardy or Danny flipping Welbeck would be better than Aguero and Gabriel Jesus in purely functional terms of chasing down defenders and forcing errors.

I don't buy that Sanchez is this wind up energiser bunny Carlos Tevez type striker if played through the middle. It's not borne out by stats particularly this season when he has lagged behind in sprints and distance covered to heaps of his Arsenal teammates. I think he is your standard mercurial inside forward/winger.

Didn't Guardiola actually get rid of him before?

I still think a near 30 year old Aguero from a neutral's perspective is STILL one of your best players.

Getting rid of him probably lets other teams 'back in' imo. I think even if Chelsea had him and you didn't we'd be about 10-12 points closer.

Comment

• If you just look at out and out strikers then I would probably say Kane is the best at the moment with Lewandowski, Ronaldo and Suarez just behind.

Comment

• Yeah but Kane will go from top 3 striker in the world to absolute bum in Russia this summer..

Aguero is one of the best strikers ever in the PL.. fenemeno doesn't like him cause he's not Peps boy.. The only downside to the guy is that he's a bit injury prone

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
            Yeah but Kane will go from top 3 striker in the world to absolute bum in Russia this summer..

Aguero is one of the best strikers ever in the PL.. fenemeno doesn't like him cause he's not Peps boy.. The only downside to the guy is that he's a bit injury prone
            What world cup did Aguero tear up?

No disagreeing with how Kane will probably perform this summer but you can't praise Aguero for killing it in the prem then crap on Kane for not doing it at world cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post

No disagreeing with how Kane will probably perform this summer but you can't praise Aguero for killing it in the prem then crap on Kane for not doing it at world cup.
              Don't let that distract you from the fact that Harry Kane was taking corners at the European Championship in France 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                Don't let that distract you from the fact that Harry Kane was taking corners at the European Championship in France 2016.

It was Woy who put him on corner and FK duty. It was very painful to watch no denying.

Comment

• Imagine playing with 10 other English players though.

Harry Kane would tear it up playing for Spain.

Comment

• As a United fan it's ****ing awful watching Liverpool/Spurs play great football.. and going for it.. while we sit back like a bottom tier club..

Mourhino really deserves the sack.. we will probably make the top 4 by virtue of Arsenal and Chelsea being ****. Give it a few years and we will be like Arsenal and acting like that's a success

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post

True.. I don't think he ever did.. all I remember from Argentina was they got to the final playing terrible football last world cup.. IDK if Aguero even played or was injured tho..

Just tired of world class English players routinely ****ting the bed for the past 20+ years

Comment

• Ronaldo is **** time to go to MLS

Comment

Working...
                      X