This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    At best the majority of the people in that stadium and around the world watching that match are going to be dead in 60 odd years.

Ta for the memories, Atletico.

Knocking them out of the CL is the only worthwhile thing Chelsea will achieve this season.
    Is he likely to be a Chelsea manager down the line (or next), and would you want him?.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
      Is he likely to be a Chelsea manager down the line (or next), and would you want him?.
      If we were likely to win titles I wouldn't have minded but Chelsea aren't at that level now. The football is dross and it's only acceptable if you win. Bit like Jose as soon as the losses come in its not really worth it.

I genuinely want Brenda or Eddie Howe next if they get the remit to play young players. I think that's the next thing that would be exciting for Chelsea fans. And maybe if they come good get a big dog manager who can make them win things.

I think the Chelsea board think a manager alone can win a league even if they sign him their 5th choice full back.

Conte winning the league was a freak. Chelsea have the 6th best team and squad now. We can see it now Conte is disinterested and wants to get fired.

Simeone has Chelsea written all over him though. Probably a shoe-in and he probably sees them as similar to his own team in that traditionally the fans themselves haven't always cared about how they win. I think they do now.

Jose's last season saw to that and even this season watching them struggle to score. Life's a bit too short.
      Last edited by Sparked_26; 02-10-2018, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Just see the City goals. De Bruyne's first 2 assists were top drawer.

Comment

• KdB is incredible to be fair to him. Lovely to watch.

It is weird that they have Bernardo Silva and he's barely noticeable - left out a lot until Sane's injury. He'd walk into any of the other sides be a top dog. But I watched that game today and everything he does is quality.

Comment

• How would Chelsea look right now if a certain someone didn't boot every talent that came through?

Hazard --- Lukaku --- Salah
            ------KdB---Kante---[??]
            Alonso--Rudiger--AC---Azpi

Solid team or no???

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
              I don't see it happening. Can't imagine him accepting Chelsea, while not being given the ability to purchase world class players.

I'm with Sparked on Howe though. I think Rogers is a good shout too.

Big step up for Howe but he also wouldn't automatically expect the luxury of a blank cheque book either.

Comment

• I don't really think Rudiger is that good tbh.

Kurt Zouma is better than him. I agreed with most of those sales at the time none of those players showed enough toughness other than Salah who really didn't get a chance. And was just seen as some dude from Egypt who was awful against Bradford in the cup.

The other argument is that Mourinho was a cartoon in his 2nd spell at Chelsea. Completely unreasonable and too tough.

I does mean that Piet Di Visser or whoever that guy was did an unbelievable job. In an alternative universe we'd be about to win our 3rd champions league.

Ah well. Got Bakayoko

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  I don't really think Rudiger is that good tbh.

Kurt Zouma is better than him. I agreed with most of those sales at the time none of those players showed enough toughness other than Salah who really didn't get a chance. And was just seen as some dude from Egypt who was awful against Bradford in the cup.

The other argument is that Mourinho was a cartoon in his 2nd spell at Chelsea. Completely unreasonable and too tough.

I does mean that Piet Di Visser or whoever that guy was did an unbelievable job. In an alternative universe we'd be about to win our 3rd champions league.

Ah well. Got Bakayoko
                  To be honest Chelsea have had an absolutely shocking couple of transfer windows.

Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Barkley, Rudiger all Stoke level. Morata a show pony, could already be a spent force at Chelsea. Zappacosta, Giroud...

Those are awful signings.

I guess that's what happens when you put some random Russian businesswoman in charge of your transfers,

Comment

• PSG got Lassana Diarra for free and he did a good job so far.

Comment

• Cuadrado...

Not to be too negative but that other player you signed from Roma is almost certain to flop as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X