Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batshuayi just needs the ball played to him like every other team in the top 4 plays the ball to their striker.

His last goal at Dortmund was literally a through pass to the right wing and a low cross back across the box. Batshuayi scores. (United do it, City do it, Spurs do it, Liverpool do it... Chelsea?)

Chelsea can't even get into those positions at the moment. Its dumbfounding.

Chelsea's version of the same attack would be an extra wide pass to the wingback and either Alonso plays a short pass back into Cesc or summat OR Moses trying to take on the full back before a blocked cross/loss of ball or playing it back into Willian or summat.

Comment

• Chelsea's system relies on their wing backs and Azpi to be the creative force. Other than Hazard who gets truly awful ball played into him with his back to goal.

Willian/Pedro or whatever are mainly wasted shirts unless its broken play

Comment

• Well the real "mika" turned up today for Arsenal.. I would say get used to it..

The the guy is your typical Arsenal fairweather player.. vs TOP teams or when the going gets tough he will go missing every time

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          Chelsea's system relies on their wing backs and Azpi to be the creative force. Other than Hazard who gets truly awful ball played into him with his back to goal.

Willian/Pedro or whatever are mainly wasted shirts unless its broken play
          I think its more out of necessity than design but you wouldn't be wrong.

What do you expect against West Brom?

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            I think its more out of necessity than design but you wouldn't be wrong.

What do you expect against West Brom?
            I swapped a shift so I'm working to avoid the temptation of watching it.

It feels like the Mourinho season now so I expect we can get beat by anyone at any time.

A lot of Chelsea players are woefully out of form and feeling sorry for themselves. I think we might get a draw and I think Conte will be sacked by about Wednesday of next week.

These players have form really for melting. I think most Chelsea fans knew this particular lot had it in them.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              Batshuayi scores again!
              And?.

Two bob league, not hard to score 20 goals a season over there.

Comment

• Was El Fenonomeno saying Sergio Aguero needs to be replaced the other day? How many more goals can that cunt score?

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Spurs should have bought Jamie Vardy in the summer. He just has such a brilliant attitude towards the game. His team were getting smashed all over the place, has a set-to with a City player and at 5-1 down applauds a team mate for an attempted pass that didn't come off. He did it all day too and they give him nothing to get on to, but he encouraged, applauded, geed up all day long.

That is a proper team player right there. It's a shame a big dog didn't take him. His story could have had another few chapters imo.

When me and OG had a pop at Sanchez the other day for a comparison of his on-field attitude see Vardy. Such a great attitude towards the game. I have a lot of respect for him tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                  And?.

Two bob league, not hard to score 20 goals a season over there.
                  Starting to feel that way too. Mixed results from that league.

For me Batshuayi doesn't seem like a particularly good player. He's one of them that you don't really know how he's scored after he's scored and even when you see the replay you think 'I reckon I might have scored that'.

His movement isn't great. But if strikers score it doesn't matter what else they do I suppose. Bats scored one great header for Chelsea against Watford when he used a bit of movement. But all his other goals they were just right place right time but without any real evidence of any movement, ability, composure, or ability to even strike the ball cleanly. Basketcase of a player.

Players like Batshuayi remind you that football really aint as complicated as a lot of players make it look. He has a habit of shovelling the ball into the net. Chelsea probably aren't good enough to let a player like that go but Tammy Abraham is probably better than him at football

Comment

• Sparked i seen your boys Atletico score after 40 seconds today... needless to say it finished 1-0.

Footballing aids.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                      Sparked i seen your boys Atletico score after 40 seconds today... needless to say it finished 1-0.

Footballing aids.

At best the majority of the people in that stadium and around the world watching that match are going to be dead in 60 odd years.

Ta for the memories, Atletico.

Knocking them out of the CL is the only worthwhile thing Chelsea will achieve this season.

Comment

Working...
                      X