This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
    lol how has he not been backed? they just spend over 50 million in january and nearly 200 million in the summer

they had a chance to buy a world class striker in the summer and chose morata, you can't get a world class striker in january unless you want to spend x3 the normal summer price...
    Why are they looking at players like Crouch, Drinkwater, Barkley to fix their woes? Arsenal just picked up Aubamayang for £56m.

The board haven't openly said anything because these rumours have been going around for ages. Chelsea have also sold and loaned out a TON of players. They have a tiny squad compared to the likes of Man Utd/Arsenal.

To compete, you have to spend the big bucks. Look at Man Utd/Man City. Arsenal are falling behind because they didn't spend. Liverpool have spent very wisely the past couple of years with Mane, Salah, Ferminho etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      To be fair when things go wrong it's the players.

Both both literally said the team are overrated.

Courtois is Chelsea summed up. If you really look at him you'll realise there is about 10 plus better keepers in the league.
      Seriously. Courtois is the worst GK of the top 6. He's at Begovic's level.

One bit about the mention of Conte playing the kids though. There are none to be played in all honesty.

Ampadu, Sterling and Odoi is all we have. At this point, they are all worth playing. Ampadu is a safer choice than Cahill. Sterling can run, so that's basically Moses in a nut shell. Odoi is the only striker not injured, he's an automatic.

Kyle Scott is nowhere near ready to play in the Prem. While every other kid that is near Prem level or at least could play in rotation/start at Bournemouth are all out on loan.

Baker, Boga, Piazon, Pasalic, Ginkel, Abraham, RLC, Musonda are all viable options yet all are on loan. Baffles the mind.

Specially when Piazon, Pasalic, Ginkel, Abraham, and RLC all have top league experience. From Germany to Italy. Have played games and started in these leagues.

Comment

• Hudson-Odoi and Ampadu should both start for Chelsea.

This u-21 would beat the seniors imo.

Comment

• 12 year old keeper is also better than Courtois.

Comment

• That check-a-trade is hilarious. Imagine chanting 'wanker, wanker, wanker' at a 17 year old kid.

Get a grip, ffs.

I think I've found a new team to dislike.

Comment

• Whispers around Cobham is that Luis Enrique is lined up as Conte's successor.

How far we will fall..... Chelsea is gonna be in dire dire straits if Enrique is given the reins.

Guardiola-lite and Chelsea have no where near the ability to play that style of football. 10th would be a blessing.

Comment

• Eddie Howe or Brenda would be my picks.

We're not winning **** and we are starting a transition into a lesser club as far as I can see - like Arsenal did. Chelsea need someone who commits to younger players. There is no need for the club to continue to splurge the amounts of cash they have on average players they didn't really want because the ones that they wanted they don't want to pay for.

Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Batshuayi, Zappacosta, Morata, Rudiger, Barkley.

What's that:

£40 million
                £35 million
                £32 million
                £25 million
                £60 million
                £30 million

What's that £222 million?

I would say we would have been the same level or maybe a little better with Chalobah, Matic, Abraham, Ola Aina, Diego Costa, Kurt Zouma/Ake, and Loftus Cheek/Van Ginkel. I would much prefer all those players anyway.

That is a scandalous waste of money. I didn't mind Matic going because he was comfortably our weakest player in the first team (he's finding his normal level now at Man U too) but obviously I'd hoped Bakayoko wasn't a complete bum and Drinkwater wasn't a crock.

I really want Chelsea to be banned from the transfer market for about 3 seasons. That would be great for us. They haven't bought a class A egg since Kante.

It is fine if they want to be careful with cash. But stop buying 3rd, 4th, 5th choices on the list. Just don't buy those players. We have a youth team that came fairly close to winning a man's competition, have multiple FA cup wins, and have won the UEFA League several times. Why are we signing Emerson Palmieri, Zappacosta, Barkley, Batshuayi etc.

Chelsea can finish between 4th and 6th if we were banned from signing anyway. And the team would be more likeable anyway.

No Chelsea fan I know actually particularly likes a lot of players in our current team. Apart from Azpi, Hazard, and Kante. All the rest aren't particularly good players and they're very entitled types. Cahill and Cesc are good eggs too but well passed it.

I think they're the 6th best team in league and they'll finish there or maybe a bit worse. And it doesn't really matter imo.

What must happen is leaving some sort of legacy on the season even if that is just playing Christensen, Ampadu, and Hudson-Odoi every week for the last 12 games.

Conte is worried about his job otherwise his team selections wouldn't be so rubbish. He needs to grow up. He's getting fired. Don't go out like a bitch. Getting sacked by us happens to all our managers.
                Last edited by Sparked_26; 02-07-2018, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  Eddie Howe or Brenda would be my picks.

We're not winning **** and we are starting a transition into a lesser club as far as I can see - like Arsenal did. Chelsea need someone who commits to younger players. There is no need for the club to continue to splurge the amounts of cash they have on average players they didn't really want because the ones that they wanted they don't want to pay for.

Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Batshuayi, Zappacosta, Morata, Rudiger, Barkley.

What's that:

£40 million
                  £35 million
                  £32 million
                  £25 million
                  £60 million
                  £30 million

What's that £222 million?
                  Meanwhile juve already snatched emre from loserpool for free

Comment

• Who was the last Chelsea manager to not be sacked?

Was it Glenn Hoddle?

You should get him back, that'd be fun for a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                      Who was the last Chelsea manager to not be sacked?

Was it Glenn Hoddle?

You should get him back, that'd be fun for a bit.
                      I think it was Guus Hiddink or Benitez.

Comment

Working...
                      X