This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
    What would be the point? We have some of the best attacking players in the league.. the guy is just a *****.. Would rather come out with a draw and not get beat.. even if we lose the league..

Rather then show some balls and go for it.. Also that City defence is not good if you get them under pressure.. they will struggle vs the top teams in Europe
    I agree, but it's Mourinho style.
    I remember reading the same thing from frustrated Madrid fans when he was the coach there. I think they'll give him another year though. They'll open up the wallet after the WC and pretty much buy the league title.

Comment

• No excuses, City were the better side. We shat the bed in the first half. Second half we played with more bounce but ridiculous mistakes cost us

Gift wrap the title and send it City, they've got it this year. And it also ends the ridiculous most competitive league in the world bollocks. It's always 2 teams competing in the BPL until 1 falters and that's it

Comment

• Pep has had some massive stick on here from a few but he deserves credit. He has had shedloads of cash to spend granted, but he is a bloody good coach.

I think to beat that City side you need to press them high. They gave a few sloppy passes away when United pressured higher last 20 minutes.

They will easily win the league, Champions League is a bit of a lottery though.

Comment

• A massive win for City. United needed all 3 points for sure.

Heard there was a kick off between the players after the game over City's celebrations.

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
            No excuses, City were the better side. We shat the bed in the first half. Second half we played with more bounce but ridiculous mistakes cost us

Gift wrap the title and send it City, they've got it this year. And it also ends the ridiculous most competitive league in the world bollocks. It's always 2 teams competing in the BPL until 1 falters and that's it
            How?

Last 6 PL winners: Chelsea, Leicester, Chelsea, Man City (liverpool lost title on last minute of last day), Man United, Man City (beat United on goal difference by Aguero's stunner)

Last 6 Bundesliga winners: Bayern, Bayern, Bayern, Bayern, Bayern, Dortmund.

Last 6 Serie A winners: Juve, Juve, Juve, Juve, Juve, Juve

Last 6 La Liga winners: Real M, Barca, Barca, Atleti M, Barca, Real M.

...... What is this about competitiveness and leagues again?
            Last edited by F l i c k e r; 12-10-2017, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Also, what do y'all think about this replay-review system on crucial fouls and penalty chances?

The Gladbach-Schalke game had a potential penalty chance removed after checking a replay that showed a player being fouled right before the penalty was given (separate foul occasion). Basically both fouls nullifying each other and as a result, the penalty opportunity as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                Also, what do y'all think about this replay-review system on crucial fouls and penalty chances?

The Gladbach-Schalke game had a potential penalty chance removed after checking a replay that showed a player being fouled right before the penalty was given (separate foul occasion). Basically both fouls nullifying each other and as a result, the penalty opportunity as well.
                I've got an issue with penalty calls as a result of fouls because they are subjective. I don't think Everton really expected the pen they got. It was a foul but I think that is not given more often than not.

I don't know how you clear that up in a replay.

I think it should be used for hand-balls and offsides though. Because they can be objectively observed.

Even when an attacker is adjudged to foul a defender is shake my ground imo if it is being used to rule out a goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
                  Pep has had some massive stick on here from a few but he deserves credit. He has had shedloads of cash to spend granted, but he is a bloody good coach.

I think to beat that City side you need to press them high. They gave a few sloppy passes away when United pressured higher last 20 minutes.

They will easily win the league, Champions League is a bit of a lottery though.
                  Still won't get much. People probably still think you can't win playing his style of football in England. He's ****ting all over them.

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  How?

Last 6 PL winners: Chelsea, Leicester, Chelsea, Man City (liverpool lost title on last minute of last day), Man United, Man City (beat United on goal difference by Aguero's stunner)

Last 6 Bundesliga winners: Bayern, Bayern, Bayern, Bayern, Bayern, Dortmund.

Last 6 Serie A winners: Juve, Juve, Juve, Juve, Juve, Juve

Last 6 La Liga winners: Real M, Barca, Barca, Atleti M, Barca, Real M.

...... What is this about competitiveness and leagues again?
                  The prem has been competitive because most of the top teams were ordinary. There was no Bayern/Juve/Madrid/Barca/Atleti who were comfortably better than the rest. Prem is made up of mostly mediocre sides which is why it's been known as 'the most competitive league in the world™'.

Now you have a top class team in there you have a 1 team league.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                    Still won't get much. People probably still think you can't win playing his style of football in England. He's ****ting all over them.

The prem has been competitive because most of the top teams were ordinary. There was no Bayern/Juve/Madrid/Barca/Atleti who were comfortably better than the rest. Prem is made up of mostly mediocre sides which is why it's been known as 'the most competitive league in the world™'.

Now you have a top class team in there you have a 1 team league.
                    The Prem is viewed as more competitive because the bottom half teams are better than the other leagues. The other leagues have teams that would struggle in league 1.

Comment

• Champions League last-16 draw

Juventus v Tottenham

Basel v Manchester City

Porto v Liverpool

Sevilla v Manchester United

Real Madrid v PSG

Shakhtar Donetsk v Roma

Chelsea v Barcelona

Bayern Munich v Besiktas

Comment

Working...