This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
    Those idiots who have been mocking Hendo for this vid below don't understand football, what Hendo was doing there was his own version of the famous Thierry Henry fake shot pass where he pretends to shoot and passes it instead.

Who did it better? Hendo all day long for me.
    What I like is that now these England players have the quality to exhibit the kind of breath-taking talent they truly possess.

Regard the below clip of Gary Cahill, traditionally seen as a muck and nettles, muscle-bound pleb, with the turning circle of an 18 wheel articulated lorry. But look at him here, the confident, explosive turn, the blind panic when he lost the ball, and the powerful lacing of the ball out of play to gain Chelsea 1 inch of territory.

That's what I like about this England team. The accountability.

Comment

• Can we just get Tony Pulis in now instead of after we crash out at the group stage?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        What I like is that now these England players have the quality to exhibit the kind of breath-taking talent they truly possess.

Regard the below clip of Gary Cahill, traditionally seen as a muck and nettles, muscle-bound pleb, with the turning circle of an 18 wheel articulated lorry. But look at him here, the confident, explosive turn, the blind panic when he lost the ball, and the powerful lacing of the ball out of play to gain Chelsea 1 inch of territory.

That's what I like about this England team. The accountability.

Poetry in motion.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
          Can we just get Tony Pulis in now instead of after we crash out at the group stage?
          Not sure how Tony Pulis could utilise a team of such talent. It'd be like putting a linen suit on a pig.

Ultimately, what Pep Guardiola is trying to build at City is an England team circa 2017. Unfortunately, for him it is a slow burner and he has currently has to deal with bums like De Bruyne, and Silva when what he really needs is a clogger like Eric Dier. His purchase of Kyle Walker for £740 million is but a start.

I reckon the current England football team has a value that exceeds the GDP of the United Kingdom.

How can you put a value on Ryan Bertrand? That way he expertly loops up throw ins at chest level so it takes about 8 touches to control is pioneering. He has foregone any football education on throw-ins despite over 20 years in the game at top academies, to revolutionise the game. Albeit his amendment to common throw-in practice is too his own, England's, and football's detriment. But that's not the point. I am sure Monet painted some right old shit before he done that one with the watercolours and the dashes. It is trial and error. He's on a journey to take an acceptable throw-in.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 10-06-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Unfair highlights.

The Ox was clearly trying things. On another day he would have ended up with 3 goals and 14 assists.

Comment

• International footnball is dire, Fell asleep watching the game,

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                I think you guys are being overly harsh on England.

Slovenia are a top top side, they've got some real triffic players, salt of the earth types.

It's not as though we couldn't beat Bolivia or Peru.

Please Brazil hasn't beaten Bolivia at La Paz in a WC qualifier in like 30 years, doubt England or Slovenia would do much better. And Peru is on fire right now. I doubt England could walk into Lima and just take the victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                  Please Brazil hasn't beaten Bolivia at La Paz in a WC qualifier in like 30 years, doubt England or Slovenia would do much better. And Peru is on fire right now. I doubt England could walk into Lima and just take the victory.
                  England could walk into hell and take the victory against Satan and all his demons.

Comment

England could walk into hell and take the victory against Satan and all his demons.
                    This is true. But yet they couldn't beat Iceland.

Comment

Yeah short sighted.

Slovenia are unfortunate they were in such a tough group. Not often you get two such powerhouses as Scotland and Slovakia battling it out for a play off place.

Both nations will surely expect to win the World Cup if they make it?

They came up against a never-say-die England. I call them the Diamond Generation because they make that Golden Generation look like fishermen.

Lithuania are getting it on Sunday. They're going to get respectfully beaten 1 nil. We're like a 400 metre runner easing up in the last 50 metres. Stopping. Pulling our pants down. Having a poo on the finish line. Then toe-poking the turd over the line. Because our crap is better than the opposition .

I am going to wear St. George's Cross painted on my face for two months this summer. The bare minimum of respect we can show these living legends. You just can't make a plan for a talent like Jordan Henderson.
                      i'm love this new side of you

Comment

Working...
                      X