This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
    Do they though? I've seen loads of players out and about in town, think most seem to enjoy it these days. Always been a bit confused with your opinion on it as it doesn't even seem to be a place that splits opinion, it's just liked in general.

The Spanish lot love going out in northern quarter, as documented on instagram.

Last 2 players I can remember actually slagging it off are Nolito and Tevez. Nolito was weather related (fair) and Tevez moaned about not having enough restaurants (I can only presume he's blind, there's about a million places to choose from).
    Do they though? Just because they don't openly slag it off?

Which players like it? Aguero doesn't speak a word of English.

To be fair this ain't my City but I like it. But there's no way I'd live here if I was a minted footballer.

Mata is also a bright educated man with family is England I don't doubt that he's assimilated.

Bur Mancs always say Manchester is great - always! That is not a view that is shared in London imo.

Talking about Tevez and restaurants (he was talking nonsense and he's also likely stupid) but in London you find fully fledged communities of any nation in the world and it's connected to mainland Europe by Eurostar for the Europeans.

It is better.

Unlikely that any player chooses City over Chelsea imo all things being equal. Man U could happen...maybe. Even then. Chelsea get outspent by those clubs now.

If Usmanov took over Arsenal the prem would be increasingly London-centric imo.
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 07-05-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Do they though? Just because they don't openly slag it off?

Which players like it? Aguero doesn't speak a word of English.

To be fair this ain't my City but I like it. But there's no way I'd live here if I was a minted footballer.

Mata is also a bright educated man with family is England I don't doubt that he's assimilated.

Bur Mancs always say Manchester is great - always! That is not a view that is shared in London imo.

Talking about Tevez and restaurants (he was talking nonsense and he's also likely stupid) but in London you find fully fledged communities of any nation in the world and it's connected to mainland Europe by Eurostar for the Europeans.

It is better.

Unlikely that any player chooses City over Chelsea imo all things being equal. Man U could happen...maybe. Even then. Chelsea get outspent by those clubs now.

If Usmanov took over Arsenal the prem would be increasingly London-centric imo.
      London is a complete and utter shit heap. Literally.

Comment

• London is a proper city.

But England in general is a shithole let's be honest. Whenever I go abroad I am always startled that the English could colonise most of the world and then go back to a grey little island with a summer lasts around 8 minutes and has no natural resources. We never established a café culture because we'd only be drinking rainwater out of our coffee cups.

An Englishman's home is his castle?

Well yeah because outside is mostly shit.

Comment

• Heard Madrid rejected 81 Million for Morata. They claim they want 90. 90!! How the f**** is that guy worth 90?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

But England in general is a shithole let's be honest. Whenever I go abroad I am always startled that the English could colonise most of the world and then go back to a grey little island with a summer lasts around 8 minutes and has no natural resources. We never established a café culture because we'd only be drinking rainwater out of our coffee cups.

An Englishman's home is his castle?

Well yeah because outside is mostly shit.

The truth right here...

Comment

• Originally posted by JrRod View Post
              Heard Madrid rejected 81 Million for Morata. They claim they want 90. 90!! How the f**** is that guy worth 90?
              Because they know United suck at transfers they bought De Maria for 70M and sold him at loss a year later and then broke the transfer record on Pogba

why wouldn't they ask for 90M from those suckers

Comment

• Man U are gonna get Lukaku according to the media.....

I like Lukaku but it feels a bit like when your Nan makes her weird scones and you were gonna take the last one to be polite but someone takes it instead.

I bet Chelsea get him anyway.

Comment

• Conflicted views on Lukaku.

First impression was that £75m is a hilarious fee for what would genuinely be the least talented striker United have signed since Angelo Henriquez.

Second thought is that if Morata is going for that price you may as well spend it on Lukaku instead. I don't even think he's that great but he's the sort of lump Mourinho loves up top.

Comment

• ****kkkkking hell i was hoping Chelsea would buy that lump lukaku..

Now United and for 75m... wtf

I guess the money doesnt matter anymore..

But we just replaced ibra with Lukaku..

Comment

• Lukaku gets a bad press.

Just because he is average technically doesn't disprove the fact he is a 20 goal a season man and is only 23 and will always be a handful and scores all kinds of goals.

I'd not exactly be gutted if Chelsea didn't get him but I would like him back. But yeah £75 million is too much but I agree with El Fenomeno about Morata....that guy simply doesn't score enough goals.

Strikers, real ones, usually look bad in general play. They receive the ball with a defender up their arse and a midfielder in front of them and they often receive fairly bad ball a lot of the time so on tele it can look like the ball is bouncing off them but in the flesh it never looks as bad it is the same deal if you play football for the dog and duck. Aguero is the only one who looks aesthetically pleasing in the prem.

Costa is no better than Lukaku imo.
                      Last edited by Sparked_26; 07-06-2017, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X